The Student Room Group

Boots Opticians Interview Tips

Does anyone know what sorts of questions and activites boots opticians like to ask you or make you do? I have the interview tomoro and i just wanted to be a little aware so i can play sum answers etc 2nite. Thx :smile: xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, :smile:

I had an interview with boots opticians....and the first question I was asked was "tell me about yourself",then she asked me about my expereince,next the women informed me regarding boots and next I was handed this document which had all the list of things I had to find/do for the customer in 12min!The interviewer went to the shop floor with me and the first thing I did was show her(interviewer pretendig to be the customer!)the three boots opticians leaflets!Hence, I picked one leaflet which had student discount!One which had discount for elder and the third had a discount for anyone who purchased a product from boots opticians for certain amount!Next, I had to find contact lenses!Since, I didnt know where they were as they were not on the shop floor!The interviewer informed me that I could ask a member of staff!So I did!And followed the staff!And showed the interviewer where they kept the lenses!(well,they have a separate room!How was I suppose to know! :frown: )Next, I had to inform the customer how she can get the boots advantage card!Since, I had prepared myself I was aware(thank God!)that boots advantage card can be obtained either via telephone,online and one can go instore and request the form...bt anyways I requested the form from the desk and handed it over to the interviewer!lol!Next, I had to take the customer and show her where the sun glasses were!So, I did that!!And then I took the interviewer where the kids sunglasses were!And since it had special offer on it I emphasised on that point!The last thing I did was ask one of the staff regarding her role!However, their staff panicked!LOL!But, I saw her fidling with the glasses!So, I quickly asked her wt she was doing and how she got trained...and oh yeh...I also booked an appointment!Well...not literally!I requested a member of staff!Sorri, I know I am a bit late!Ok...Im too late!But, I hope my answers might help someone else!So, that they can prepare themselves better then I did!

I had an interview nearly five days ago!But, I havnt heard from them! :frown:....I thought I didnt do that bad bt oh well....btw I am still waiting for their reply!hehe!But, I already hv a prt job offer in house of fraser for admin post :biggrin:
Reply 2
i recently had an interview at boots opticians. The format has changed in last year. My interview was 2.5hrs long, i spent nearly 2hours in the opticians shop shadowing people as they do different jobs, you need to ask lots of questions of who you are shadowing, i also had to answer the phone and make a call to a customer to inform them that their glasses were ready to collect, this wasn't role play, but real customers and real situations. I then had a brief interview with usual questions, what can i offer, why you want to work for boots etc. I think this way of interviewing is brilliant as it rules out the people that just bull**** their way through an interview and gives those who are honest and hard working a chance to shine. I found the time went quickly and i actually enjoyed myself! Hope this helps some people
Original post by bobby987
i recently had an interview at boots opticians. The format has changed in last year. My interview was 2.5hrs long, i spent nearly 2hours in the opticians shop shadowing people as they do different jobs, you need to ask lots of questions of who you are shadowing, i also had to answer the phone and make a call to a customer to inform them that their glasses were ready to collect, this wasn't role play, but real customers and real situations. I then had a brief interview with usual questions, what can i offer, why you want to work for boots etc. I think this way of interviewing is brilliant as it rules out the people that just bull**** their way through an interview and gives those who are honest and hard working a chance to shine. I found the time went quickly and i actually enjoyed myself! Hope this helps some people

I have an interview this week and your post really helped :smile: Mine is going to be 2.5 hours long aswell so I was wondering what to expect! Will there be anything else?
Thanks in advance!
Reply 4
i would just say use your initiative. If there are customers hanging around try your best to help, even if you just say i will get my colleague who will help you further. I think the main thing is to see that you are confidant dealing with people. I also had to hand out some leaflets to try and encourage people to visit opticians, i sucked at this, but later in the brief interview part i admitted sales was my weakness but i was willing to be trained. It didn't go against me as i was offered the job! Good luck. Remember to relax and interact with staff and customers. Also, i mentioned recent times award that they won, in interview questions bit. Good luck
Reply 5
Hi i have a boots opticians interview tomorrow morning! I've never worked in an opticians before and really want this job as it is with n nvq! Can anyone help me out with interview preparation tips n what questions i should expect. i aRng the interview yesterday she sed it shudn't take no more than 45minutes! thanks! :smile:
i just have had a interview for customer assistant yesterday for the stratford westfield branch. they told me in gonna take 30 minutes but they took 55 minutes. the lady who took the interview was great, very friendly. but i was actually a little bit stunned as i didnt find anything what i saw in the student room threads. i will try to memorise what happened, she took me to a room and start asking questions straight down. introducing myself to her, where do i work what are my duties, explaining her a situation when i believe i provided a exellent customer service, then a question was like this that i bought something before which i like and i recommended to somebody else to buy that, i think she wanted to know how much product knowledge am i interested to get in myself. then she showed me what are the available shifts, there were two more questions as well but i cant remember clearly. then she took me to the shop floor and standing in front of a shelf she showed me that, i am working in around this shelf and u saw a customer just took a product in hand and put it back, what would u think and how would u response? then a question was an elderly lady is in hospital who is your relative, u have come to boots to buy something for her, what would you think u could get for her from boots.(my answer was totally crap, couldnt answer properly) but dont be upset if you cant answer something properly just be positive that u will do great. then she told me to think about a cosmetics which i use regularly, i showed her a cream from clinique and then she ask me what are the good aspects of this product, how would i recommend it to somebody else, if i saw a lady with some kids how would i promote this 14 pound cream to her as it could be quite expensive for her. after this part she took me to the no 7 brand desk. then she showed me a anti ageing hand cream , she told me details about the n0 7 brand and told me to understand the product and promote it to the customers, but its not necessary to sell. so i read properly and then start taking to some elderly customers and tried to do great customer service. and there was some other questions on the shop floor as well after that. like how would you understand a customer needs help? showing some customers in the aisle she was asking who do you think needs help etc. it was a great experience , but good news that i got the job , they called me today for a beauty advisor position.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by sofo2290

Original post by sofo2290
Hi, :smile:

I had an interview with boots opticians....and the first question I was asked was "tell me about yourself",then she asked me about my expereince,next the women informed me regarding boots and next I was handed this document which had all the list of things I had to find/do for the customer in 12min!The interviewer went to the shop floor with me and the first thing I did was show her(interviewer pretendig to be the customer!)the three boots opticians leaflets!Hence, I picked one leaflet which had student discount!One which had discount for elder and the third had a discount for anyone who purchased a product from boots opticians for certain amount!Next, I had to find contact lenses!Since, I didnt know where they were as they were not on the shop floor!The interviewer informed me that I could ask a member of staff!So I did!And followed the staff!And showed the interviewer where they kept the lenses!(well,they have a separate room!How was I suppose to know! :frown: )Next, I had to inform the customer how she can get the boots advantage card!Since, I had prepared myself I was aware(thank God!)that boots advantage card can be obtained either via telephone,online and one can go instore and request the form...bt anyways I requested the form from the desk and handed it over to the interviewer!lol!Next, I had to take the customer and show her where the sun glasses were!So, I did that!!And then I took the interviewer where the kids sunglasses were!And since it had special offer on it I emphasised on that point!The last thing I did was ask one of the staff regarding her role!However, their staff panicked!LOL!But, I saw her fidling with the glasses!So, I quickly asked her wt she was doing and how she got trained...and oh yeh...I also booked an appointment!Well...not literally!I requested a member of staff!Sorri, I know I am a bit late!Ok...Im too late!But, I hope my answers might help someone else!So, that they can prepare themselves better then I did!

I had an interview nearly five days ago!But, I havnt heard from them! :frown:....I thought I didnt do that bad bt oh well....btw I am still waiting for their reply!hehe!But, I already hv a prt job offer in house of fraser for admin post :biggrin:

hey i have a boots opticians interview next week and i am wondering what i should wear? i was told to wear a smart dress but should i wear heels|? what did you wear? :biggrin:
Reply 8

Hello. Thank you so much for your valuable information. I actually went through exactly the same tasks at my interview and I found myself ready because I read your reply on the thread. I can't thank you enough. Thanks a lot!
Reply 9
I work in Boots Opticians now, it's the biz.

My interview was terrifying, they chucked me out on the shop floor and told me to 'interact with customers' which was stupid because people asked me things about varifocals and the Contact Lens Reward Scheme and I had no clue and ran away.

Got the job though so I must've done summat right :P
Reply 10

I have an interview with Boots opticians tomorrow, so thank you for this, I think it will come in handy!
Reply 11
i would just say use your initiative. If there are customers hanging around try your best to help, even if you just say i will get my colleague who will help you further. I think the main thing is to see that you are confidant dealing with people. I also had to hand out some leaflets to try and encourage people to visit opticians, i sucked at this, but later in the brief interview part i admitted sales was my weakness but i was willing to be trained. It didn't go against me as i was offered the job! Good luck. Remember to relax and interact with staff and customers. Also, i mentioned recent times award that they won, in interview questions bit. Good luck

Hi i have an interview very soon as an optical consultant and i realy need this job! What sort of questions can you ask the people you shadow? And what other questions were you asked in your private interview?
Stressed...
I've got my interview next week. I applied for an apprentice optical consultant role. Here's hoping I get it!
Reply 13
I have an interview next week. Any body have any kind suggestions please?
Reply 14
Original post by eckahbeckahboo
I've got my interview next week. I applied for an apprentice optical consultant role. Here's hoping I get it!

Hi,
I have also applied for apprentice optical consultant role. I have my interview soon. Thinking if you can help me what to expect at the interview and did you get the job :smile: and how's the pay rate :smile:
Thanks a lot in Advance! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by mona001
Hi,
I have also applied for apprentice optical consultant role. I have my interview soon. Thinking if you can help me what to expect at the interview and did you get the job :smile: and how's the pay rate :smile:
Thanks a lot in Advance! :smile:

hi i have an interview on friday for apprentice optical consultant, its meant to take 30 minutes long so have you got any tips or can you tell me what to expect please?
Original post by n_123
hi i have an interview on friday for apprentice optical consultant, its meant to take 30 minutes long so have you got any tips or can you tell me what to expect please?

Hey I have this interview tomorrow but for an optical consultant.. What did they ask you in your interview? Could tell you help me please:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by khushalipatel
Hey I have this interview tomorrow but for an optical consultant.. What did they ask you in your interview? Could tell you help me please:smile:

I have an interview for this in a few days, could anyone help?
Reply 18
Original post by miss_sim_simma
I have an interview for this in a few days, could anyone help?

can anyone tell me the wage for this job? i called to ask as i have an interview next week but they wouldnt say???
Reply 19
Original post by kittykaos
can anyone tell me the wage for this job? i called to ask as i have an interview next week but they wouldnt say???

no idea, sorry, they haven't gotten back to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending