The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandwine
Nooo, I now officially have one left! Tuesday, got psychology :smile: cannot wait to be free of college, fingers crossed for ever, but if not, at least for a couple of months ;]

In a little bit of a pickle right now really though, because one of my favourite bands (Enter Shikari) is playing in Nottingham late October, and they aren't playing anywhere near where I live currently; closest place is London I think. So I don't know if I should gamble and buy a Nottingham ticket or not... D:

Broadmarsh smells of cats inside :frown:

Buy it and sell it if dont get in? :P
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Stephhcharlene
Buy it and sell it if dont get in? :P

I'm thinking I might do that haha, but I don't want to buy it and then by buying it somehow jinx my offer into being unsuccessful or whatever :') touch wood I get in, I'm just paranoid anything I do/say might somehow influence whether or not I get a place :') I'm aware of how sad I am! :tongue:
Hey guys, hopefully I'll be going to Trent this year to study English at Clifton Campus.
I already live in Nottingham, so if you've got any questions I'm sure I can help you there (:
Anyone else doing English?

In a little bit of a pickle right now really though, because one of my favourite bands (Enter Shikari) is playing in Nottingham late October, and they aren't playing anywhere near where I live currently; closest place is London I think. So I don't know if I should gamble and buy a Nottingham ticket or not... D:

I'd go for it (: Enter Shikari will def sell out, so even if you don't end up being able to go (which I'm sure you will) it will be pretty easy to sell the tickets - it always is for Rock City gigs.
Original post by steph309
Anyone starting Interior Architecture??

I'm Steph and I've just finished my 1st year at NTU doing this course and my year have basically decided to set up a society that I'll be president of aimed at helping all you freshers doing this course (and similar ones) cos we know how daunting/confusing it all is and we wished we had students that could've given us some guidance especially in 1st term! we're gunna set up a group on facebook and all that stuff over summer but for now feel free to add me on facebook 'Steph Singer' if you have any questions :smile:

hello :smile: I'm studying Interior Architecture at NTU this october :smile: I'm so excited. I have about a million questions to ask you but i'll only ask a few at a time so you don't kill yourself.

Firstly, what kind of equipment is required for studying the course in the first year? I ask this because I am staying in meridian court which is about 2 miles from the Newton and Arkwright buildings and I was wondering if it was possible to fit everything I needed into a backpack so I could cycle instead of getting the bus? I currently use public transport to get to where I study and to be quite honest I'm sick of it haha.

Secondly, are we using CAD in the first year? If so, do I need to buy a souped up laptop or will I be aright with my current laptop to use the software? Do I een need a laptop inthe first year? (it's a regular Dell laptop, nothing too fancy)

Thank you for your time and it's so good that you're giving a helping hand to the newbies!
Reply 2844
There are two 'centres' - Victoria and Broadmarsh. About 5 minutes walk apart! Victoria is a LOT bigger and lot better as a whole but BM does have good shops like Pulp, Disney and New look :biggrin: <3 lol.
There are also numerous high streets full of mostly subways, costas, starbucks, cafe neros and mcdonalds :P but also normal shops lol

Reply 2845
Nooo, I now officially have one left! Tuesday, got psychology :smile: cannot wait to be free of college, fingers crossed for ever, but if not, at least for a couple of months ;]

(

Good luck with ur last exam :smile:

I would buy it and sell it on if i was you, might even make a profit :cool: lol
Original post by sophieyay
Hey guys, hopefully I'll be going to Trent this year to study English at Clifton Campus.
I already live in Nottingham, so if you've got any questions I'm sure I can help you there (:
Anyone else doing English?

im doing English and iv just sent in my final grades waiting for answer on whether i got in or not =)
Original post by elisabeth
im doing English and iv just sent in my final grades waiting for answer on whether i got in or not =)

Good luck! -fingers crossed for you-

BM does have good shops like Pulp, Disney and New look :biggrin: <3 lol.

Pulp and Disney are actually in Vic Centre. To be honest, there is pretty much nothing good in Broadmarsh at the moment (there are a few Pound Shops and the smaller Boots, but otherwise it's quite empty), but it is being completely redone into a Westfield shopping centre, and the plans look pretty good.
But generally the shops in Nottingham at the moment are great, there's loads of variety. (:
Original post by sophieyay
Good luck! -fingers crossed for you-

Pulp and Disney are actually in Vic Centre. To be honest, there is pretty much nothing good in Broadmarsh at the moment (there are a few Pound Shops and the smaller Boots, but otherwise it's quite empty), but it is being completely redone into a Westfield shopping centre, and the plans look pretty good.
But generally the shops in Nottingham at the moment are great, there's loads of variety. (:

Ah nevermind! thats me getting mixed up lol. :P
Original post by hayleyalexandra
me, i'm on the ground floor room 103. studying law (:

Nice :smile:

I only picked Norton court as it was one of the last left and also I thought it was closer than it is :frown: Should have looked more closely at the Mile guide on the maps they gave me :biggrin:
Reply 2850
Hello :smile: I have put nottingham trent as my insurance so I haven't booked my accommodation has anyone elso done that, and does anyone know whether can still get a good room after results have come out if I don't get in to my firm choice?

Thank you in advance :smile::biggrin:
who's staying in meridian court!?
Original post by fifi123
Yay hi neighbour :biggrin: Finally found someone lol I was beginning to think I would be living on my own..!

me too :biggrin: what you studying?
Original post by Sugaa1
Hello :smile: I have put nottingham trent as my insurance so I haven't booked my accommodation has anyone elso done that, and does anyone know whether can still get a good room after results have come out if I don't get in to my firm choice?

Hey, I'm in the same position as you! I'm a bit worried though, cos I think I'm gonna definitely be going to NTU, but it seems like all the accomodation has been taken :/ and I can't really afford the top notch stuff!
Original post by Sugaa1

You can't book accomodation at Trent if its your insurance, so you did the right thing. If you see you got into Trent on results day you need to phone them up and ask them what rooms are spare- they should have a few left over due to people not making the grade. Unfortunatley these are unlikely to be in the most popular halls (cannot remember the names of 2 sorry) as these are usually mostly full of unconditional offer holders.
Reply 2855
Original post by jelly1000
You can't book accomodation at Trent if its your insurance, so you did the right thing. If you see you got into Trent on results day you need to phone them up and ask them what rooms are spare- they should have a few left over due to people not making the grade. Unfortunatley these are unlikely to be in the most popular halls (cannot remember the names of 2 sorry) as these are usually mostly full of unconditional offer holders.

What does this mean for parties and meeting people if we put NTU down as insurance and get in to ****ty accommodation? :frown:
Original post by Jamesrb
What does this mean for parties and meeting people if we put NTU down as insurance and get in to ****ty accommodation? :frown:

Well if you phone up on results day you should still get a place in uni halls, just possibly somewhere like Norton Court rather than Gill Street (one of the halls I couldn't remember the name of it.) So you will still get to meet loads of people and have parties e.c.t
Original post by Jamesrb

There will be spaces in almost all halls as some people with conditionals won't make the grades. It is just a case of calling early enough on results day (the phones dont open while 9 though) to get one of the better ones before other insurance people do (or other conditionals who are trying to swop from bad to good ones! :P)
Reply 2858
There will be spaces in almost all halls as some people with conditionals won't make the grades. It is just a case of calling early enough on results day (the phones dont open while 9 though) to get one of the better ones before other insurance people do (or other conditionals who are trying to swop from bad to good ones! :P)

So which are the best? Just so that I can make a note...I'm not really expecting to get in to my firm now, Nottingham will still be amazing though :smile:
Original post by Jamesrb
So which are the best? Just so that I can make a note...I'm not really expecting to get in to my firm now, Nottingham will still be amazing though :smile:

It depends what your after! :P ensuite/shared? lots of people/4-6? house/flats? whats your budget per week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending