The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by briesandwich
Don't worry about it. :smile: I'm just as unsure about my answer tbh, so I tried to cover everything. :biggrin: I talked about the secure attachment, how it was most popular, how the child would react in the different stages of the strange situation. Then when t why we do them (cultural studies I said about why we do them (understanding cultural differences with child-rearing, investigating universal behaviour, the nature/nurture debate) and then wrote in detail about Germany and Israel attachment types, with percentages of their most common and elements of their society which may lead to those attachment types. :smile:

Mine's a little similar, except I talked about all the attachments :confused:
Ahhh..hope we did well!
Reply 241
Original post by imsobored.
Does anyone have any idea on what will come up? I've just started revision today as I have so many, more important exams :frown: Well looking at the last paper, I'm assuming this one is going to be mainly about depression? What are the chances of schizoprenia coming up again? Seems unlikely.

Thanks

Yupp, I didn't bother learning about the explanations of schizophrenia cus that came up last year, HOWEVER, I would advise you to learn the treatments such as the biological treatment or whichever one you've learnt as that MAY come up cus it didn't come up last year, just to be on the safe side.
I don't remember anything from this unit. Well, I can blag the synoptic and have revised all of clinical but none of it is sticking. Unit 3 on friday has completely demotivated me :frown:
Reply 243
I've just had a look at the 4 debates for the first time EVER and I'm freaking out. I've already failed this...
It's good to see that i'm not the only one freaking out. I'm still ill aswell and having a lot of personal problems, so this isn't gonna be good.
Also, you don't have to name studies in evaluation do you? I think my teacher said you didn't, and you simple say, "One study suggests..."

Thanks again :frown:

I think you will still get marks if you make a good point & don't say the name
but its helpful to learn some names especially when there isn't that much to the point you make. like if you were to say 'one study found that the DSM was not reliable' that just sounds like you made it up and probs wouldnt get anything, but if you said a name or tried to expand it you might get the mark.. I find it really hard to remember the names so i draw funny pics next to them relating to their name & study.

Does anyone know if the DSM / ICD can come up in the exam? It's not in the specification so i made no notes on it. But i have this book and it gives an example question on describing the DSM :/

Thanks
Original post by yasmin-alica
I think you will still get marks if you make a good point & don't say the name
but its helpful to learn some names especially when there isn't that much to the point you make. like if you were to say 'one study found that the DSM was not reliable' that just sounds like you made it up and probs wouldnt get anything, but if you said a name or tried to expand it you might get the mark.. I find it really hard to remember the names so i draw funny pics next to them relating to their name & study.

Does anyone know if the DSM / ICD can come up in the exam? It's not in the specification so i made no notes on it. But i have this book and it gives an example question on describing the DSM :/

Thanks

I think it could yes. That's what i've been told anyway, but I imagine it'll only be about the validity/reliability of it.
Original post by lozzyhickers
I think it could yes. That's what i've been told anyway, but I imagine it'll only be about the validity/reliability of it.

Ah I see so hopefully we can just link our general points about validity / reliability to the DSM.. If i have time tomorrow i will learn a couple lines on the DSM. But i doubt it , still have SO much to cover in one day. I can't believe how time consuming it is, i wish i started revising ages ago :frown:

How is everyone's revision going?

It's good to see that i'm not the only one freaking out. I'm still ill aswell and having a lot of personal problems, so this isn't gonna be good.

& Deffo not the only one freaking out :frown:. & I'm probably not as ill as you but I am sort of in the same boat. A lot going on, can't think :frown:. & I think i am coming down with flu or something. Have been throwing up today :| makes revision so much harder when you're ill.. I hope you feel better :hugs:

& i hope this exam is easier than i imagine, having a streak of bad luck atm.
Original post by yasmin-alica
Ah I see so hopefully we can just link our general points about validity / reliability to the DSM.. If i have time tomorrow i will learn a couple lines on the DSM. But i doubt it , still have SO much to cover in one day. I can't believe how time consuming it is, i wish i started revising ages ago :frown:

How is everyone's revision going?

& Deffo not the only one freaking out :frown:. & I'm probably not as ill as you but I am sort of in the same boat. A lot going on, can't think :frown:. & I think i am coming down with flu or something. Have been throwing up today :| makes revision so much harder when you're ill.. I hope you feel better :hugs:

& i hope this exam is easier than i imagine, having a streak of bad luck atm.

I'm sure that'll be fine yeah :smile: I think that if Unit 4 is as easy as Unit 3, we'll be fine :smile:

The doc thought I had glandular fever, but blood test was -ve, but apparently that sometimes happens if it's not caught at the right time, so back off to the surgery I go! I'm just getting worse now :frown:

I do hope you get better soon too :hugs:
I feel like I'm joining in really late her but..... absolutely dreading tuesday!
Unit 4 quite simply has too much to remember, good luck everyone.
I'm finding some of Anorexia (our "one other mental disorder") really tricky to remember, the descriptions and evaluations we've been given are too wishy washy.
I also hate CBT - if anyone has good bullet pointed notes on this, I would love you until beyond forever.
Original post by abigailrebecca
I feel like I'm joining in really late her but..... absolutely dreading tuesday!
Unit 4 quite simply has too much to remember, good luck everyone.
I'm finding some of Anorexia (our "one other mental disorder") really tricky to remember, the descriptions and evaluations we've been given are too wishy washy.
I also hate CBT - if anyone has good bullet pointed notes on this, I would love you until beyond forever.

God I hate CBT too! Tbh I hate all of the treatments lol.

But I find AN really easy to remember
God I hate CBT too! Tbh I hate all of the treatments lol.

But I find AN really easy to remember

I'm just really hoping for a nice paper tomorrow....
Which is completely free of CBT!
Most of the therapies are okay, we're doing like token economy and care in the community etc. which I've done to death before. It's stuck into my brain forever now!
Original post by abigailrebecca
I'm just really hoping for a nice paper tomorrow....
Which is completely free of CBT!
Most of the therapies are okay, we're doing like token economy and care in the community etc. which I've done to death before. It's stuck into my brain forever now!

Token Economies are easy, and Drug therapy, but that's it for me lol.
Reply 253
Well, now that it's one day before the exam I'm starting to understand why the grade boundries are so low...
Original post by El_Sid
Well, now that it's one day before the exam I'm starting to understand why the grade boundries are so low...

Yeah well... Unfortunately for myself and a lot of others we have Biology, Chemistry and Maths exams to worry about and Psychology is right in the middle arrgh :frown:

So errm... does anyone think Rosenhan will come up again? I know last paper it was only a small question but still... :redface:
Reply 255
I was pretty confident yesterday, but this morning im freaking out. I'm emetophobic & last night my sister was sick and now I just feel like absolute sh*t. Perfect timing... :/ Completely blown all confidence I had and I cant concentrate either because my brain is elsewhere. Grrrr..
Reply 256
I'm feeling a bit meh today - I know I haven't revised enough over the last couple of weeks but there is very little I can do about it other thank kicking myself!

Being in collage all morning going over a few things with my teacher and I'm currentley flicking through old powerpoints, hoping it all comes together tomorrow
Reply 257
Looks like its a wake up at 5 to get it all revised. I'm screwed. How is it possible to revise all this =/
If only I could chill afterwards, but no, I have bio, chem and P.E. The joys.
Original post by jazzymine
Looks like its a wake up at 5 to get it all revised. I'm screwed. How is it possible to revise all this =/
If only I could chill afterwards, but no, I have bio, chem and P.E. The joys.

Are you doing Biology 5 on Wednesday? Psychology made this an absolute disaster, because I've been revising for this for the past day or so instead of Biology :frown: .... Yeah I have Chemistry on Friday too, pfft.
Yeah well... Unfortunately for myself and a lot of others we have Biology, Chemistry and Maths exams to worry about and Psychology is right in the middle arrgh :frown:

So errm... does anyone think Rosenhan will come up again? I know last paper it was only a small question but still... :redface:

It could do. I'd much rather that than any question on Mumford and Whitehouse. I can't remember any of the results!

Original post by dorkish
I was pretty confident yesterday, but this morning im freaking out. I'm emetophobic & last night my sister was sick and now I just feel like absolute sh*t. Perfect timing... :/ Completely blown all confidence I had and I cant concentrate either because my brain is elsewhere. Grrrr..

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. But I promise you'll be fine. :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending