The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else get the email from OCR saying that are going to broaden the mark scheme to provide a scope for the answer's given so no one will be disadvantaged?
Original post by slacker07906
Anyone else get the email from OCR saying that are going to broaden the mark scheme to provide a scope for the answer's given so no one will be disadvantaged?

Nope, what'd it say?
Exactly that. It was a couple of days ago
Reply 3603
I no this exam was a while ago now but on the unofficial mark scheme, one of the answers is a silent mutation, would a point mutation still get the mark? thanks in advance
Reply 3604
Original post by cawse879
I no this exam was a while ago now but on the unofficial mark scheme, one of the answers is a silent mutation, would a point mutation still get the mark? thanks in advance

I believe so, it was a vague question, so point mutation is a correct answer but they were looking for silent.
My bio teacher used to be an examiner, and he said point mutation will be implemented on markscheme:biggrin:
Reply 3605

Which is what i put. I think it will be, because we wasn't told to look to the diagram for that question and you would instantly think substitution/point mutation and not silent lol
hopefully, they will give it :smile:
Original post by Dunn0
I believe so, it was a vague question, so point mutation is a correct answer but they were looking for silent.
My bio teacher used to be an examiner, and he said point mutation will be implemented on markscheme:biggrin:

what about substitution? :s-smilie:
Reply 3607
Original post by sillysal
what about substitution? :s-smilie:

I can ask, but in the book it says point and substitution are the same
Original post by Dunn0
I can ask, but in the book it says point and substitution are the same

hopefully! :frown:
For the question that asked what technique could you use to see if all elm trees are clones, would 'genetic fingerprinting' not get the mark?
Reply 3610
I can't look at the unofficial mar scheme I'm too scared...
anyone else doing a resit finding it really hard to get it out your head that all this work might be for nothing because you've already fluffed up? I Am :frown: Bye Bye Manc
Reply 3611

where is the unofficial mark scheme can u put up the link please?thanks :smile:
Could it be possible that grade boundaries are around 55-60 for an A?
Original post by medschoolhopefully
For the question that asked what technique could you use to see if all elm trees are clones, would 'genetic fingerprinting' not get the mark?

Lol legendary first post! But no...sadly :frown:
Reply 3614
Original post by sarian2
where is the unofficial mark scheme can u put up the link please?thanks :smile:

Here it is again.
Reply 3615
Original post by whc23
here it is again.

thank you!
the ultimate question... what do you think we will need for

A
B
C

PS: you knwo the question which talks about two processed that contribute to humus; I wrote dead organism decomposed and waste material decomposed....

do you think I would get the mark?
Reply 3617
Original post by greenford
the ultimate question... what do you think we will need for

A
B
C

PS: you knwo the question which talks about two processed that contribute to humus; I wrote dead organism decomposed and waste material decomposed....

do you think I would get the mark?

Yes, I think you would get the mark.
CAN anyone give me a guess as to how many marks on the exam you need to get 129 UMS I assume its about 86/100 but thats the maximum it could be because according to past exam papers I realised that the boundaries where far lower than that to achieve a good grade...

anyone?
Original post by Arab_Empress
CAN anyone give me a guess as to how many marks on the exam you need to get 129 UMS I assume its about 86/100 but thats the maximum it could be because according to past exam papers I realised that the boundaries where far lower than that to achieve a good grade...

anyone?

well for an A on this paper last year u needed about 65 i think it was, this converts to 120 UMS last year

if the grade boundries are the same as that for raw marks you would need just above that to get the extra nine,

but if there lower (which they probably will be due to everyone saying how bad it went) then you would need less to get the A u might only need for example 50 wich would = 120 UMS so ud need just a bit more again to get the extra nine ums

hope i make sense ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending