The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

****t, i just realised for sleep when it asked for 'nature of sleep' i talked about lifespan changes! :frown: i didn't think we had to talked about the stages.. so annoyed as i learned them so well!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by alienshex
****t, i just realised for sleep when it asked for 'nature of sleep' i talked about lifespan changes! :frown: i didn't think we had to talked about the stages.. so annoyed as i learned them so well!

Lifespan changes can still get credit, it's relevant to the nature of sleep :smile:
Original post by liamcol123
Lifespan changes can still get credit, it's relevant to the nature of sleep :smile:

ahh okk, thank youu!
i find the stages easier than lifespan changes, if only i'd thought to write them :frown:
Anyone wanna predict anything for tuesday exam UNIT 4?? :smile:
Original post by Annagxd
Thank you so much for answering. I can't believe I didn't know this before :tongue:. So when a university requires for example AAB to get it, is that the average grade for both years or just this year?

Universities offers are for A levels which means the combination of both A2 and AS....= your total A level grade for the subject. For example I got a C for AS and UCL want me to get either A or B in this (my offer is AAB). To get a B I need to get 160 UMS altogether in A2 to get the required total UMS for a B overall.

Hope this helps. It took me a while to understand as well!
Original post by RobertWhite
Unforunately you need names to get the highest marks. They aren't massively important but it is worth remembering. If you only need a C Saf, don't worry because I think you almost definitely have it.

ohh man I think i wrote maybe 5 names.. Eating behaviour had no studies with psychologists names! unfair. I still knew the info just not the names :frown:
Original post by Becky_1993
ohh man I think i wrote maybe 5 names.. Eating behaviour had no studies with psychologists names! unfair. I still knew the info just not the names :frown:

Don't worry it's not THAT important, it only helps, you'll still get credit for the studies. :smile:
Reply 1787
Original post by alienshex

Sorry to say this but the nature of sleep is all EEG and the 5 stages of sleep. Since you talked about lifespan changes, I think you'll be lucky to get 3 marks put of 9 - at max.
Don't worry it's not THAT important, it only helps, you'll still get credit for the studies. :smile:

thank you! Don't know why I'm worrying now anyway, not like there's anything I can do! :smile:
Original post by Becky_1993
thank you! Don't know why I'm worrying now anyway, not like there's anything I can do! :smile:

Exactly :smile:
Psychology UNIT 4 PREDICTIONS for tomorrow :smile:
Original post by EasyGoing

How would we know?? We did Unit 3! Go ask on a unti 4 thread maybe??
Original post by Stephhcharlene
How would we know?? We did Unit 3! Go ask on a unti 4 thread maybe??

ermm well i THOUGHT that if you did unit 3 you'll be doing unit 4 too.. and if there was a unit 4 thread dont you think i would of already asked??
ermm well i THOUGHT that if you did unit 3 you'll be doing unit 4 too.. and if there was a unit 4 thread dont you think i would of already asked??

There is a Unit 4 thread. Just saying.
Just a message to all those worrying, NAMES ARE NOT IMPORTANT OR ESSENTIAL TO OBTAIN THE HIGHEST GRADES. Provided you explain the theory and the nature of the theory you will be credited. (: x

Hey, I'm doing media and schizophrenia and personally, I predict:

MEDIA- Either, intense fandom, cognitive dissonance & self perception or persuasion and attitude. Have a strong feeling it will be intense fandom though!

MEDIA- Biological explanations, biological treatments or both treatments. I have a feeling it may be biological treatments! :smile:

& if they asked you a question on biological treatments, could you use psychological therapies as an alternative?!?! :smile:
Original post by lizolove
Just a message to all those worrying, NAMES ARE NOT IMPORTANT OR ESSENTIAL TO OBTAIN THE HIGHEST GRADES. Provided you explain the theory and the nature of the theory you will be credited. (: x

They help convince the examiner you know what you're on about. So yes, they are actually helpful to remember.
They help convince the examiner you know what you're on about. So yes, they are actually helpful to remember.

I'm not saying that they're not helpful, I'm just informing you that they're not ESSENTIAL, e.g. you won't lose marks if you forget the names provided you give details of the study in-depth. (:
Original post by lizolove
I'm not saying that they're not helpful, I'm just informing you that they're not ESSENTIAL, e.g. you won't lose marks if you forget the names provided you give details of the study in-depth. (:

Oh no, of course not, you can only gain marks in an exam. If you're aiming for an A or A* though, you need to remember names :P There is only so much marks an examiner can give you for information.
Oh no, of course not, you can only gain marks in an exam. If you're aiming for an A or A* though, you need to remember names :P There is only so much marks an examiner can give you for information.

Provided you don't miss out the key theories and Psychologist names, that's fine. Apart from that, you don't get marked down. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending