The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by aqua05
Heyy guys,,, i was just wondering which one is better PBL or lecture based learning?

From what I've researched it really just depends on the method of teaching that you prefer. PBL is more independent - so you go and research the topic in a group and then the professor consolidates your learning. Lecture based I personally prefer because I think I'm used to the teacher dictating the notes and then going away and just learning and applying the knowledge. Obviously in lecture based there will be group work as well, and depending if it's integrated, clinic work. I read somewhere that PBL universities generally don't do as good but don't quote me because I don't know if that's true.
Reply 4661
I haven't got my AS results yet, but my school says if you want to be predicted higher than your AS grades, there needs to be some actual proof that you can achieve the higher grades, for example end of topic test results. Do your teachers allow you to convince them? Mine certainly wouldn't I'm sure, they have an objective policy to make it fair to everyone.
Original post by loz876
Those of you who didn't get all A-grades at AS - how much convincing did it take for your teachers to predict you AAA :tongue: those of you who succeeded at convincing that is!

I got AAABC (B in Chem) but my teacher knew I should've gotten an A and I was only 2ums off so she was happy to predict me the A. If you're teachers know you/know you are good enough for an A, they'll probably happily predict it for you.

If not, theres always begging... or bribery lol
Reply 4663
Original post by Quackers93
I got AAABC (B in Chem) but my teacher knew I should've gotten an A and I was only 2ums off so she was happy to predict me the A. If you're teachers know you/know you are good enough for an A, they'll probably happily predict it for you.

If not, theres always begging... or bribery lol

Haha yes, I think I'll happen to have a large supply of chocolate on me when I go to find my teachers for references! :wink:
Original post by SarahTM
Haha :'D
In my presentation, I showed a video of a lobotomy ;]
I think it completely freaked my teachers out and they gave me 47/50 :biggrin: yay! ;]
I'm sure yours will be fab :]]
and were they on the same subject? Because they can't compare them ;]

Nah, hers was on Malaria so hopefully she was in a good mood marking hers, and then in a good mood marking mine and give me good marks :d though my log wasn't great but oh wells. bring on august!
Original post by loz876
Those of you who didn't get all A-grades at AS - how much convincing did it take for your teachers to predict you AAA :tongue: those of you who succeeded at convincing that is!

Prostitution :wink:
Um... Mine were okay about it: I told them that I wanted to do medicine... Biology were a bit iffy, but I just went and asked head of Alevels and they changed it :biggrin:
Nah, hers was on Malaria so hopefully she was in a good mood marking hers, and then in a good mood marking mine and give me good marks :d though my log wasn't great but oh wells. bring on august!

I'm sure it'll be fine :]]
Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 4667
I got rejected this year without any interviews from peninsula, leicester, cardiff and king's college....

...anyone with similar problems as me?
.....im applying again though if i get the grades!
Original post by Shaz51
I got rejected this year without any interviews from peninsula, leicester, cardiff and king's college....

Hi! :hi:There are many rejectee's on here, you are in good company :^_^: I got one interview at St. andrews but straight rejections form the rest. Definatly reapplying... dependent on grades too :tongue: Dreading redoing the ukcat although i seriously need to improve mine :frown: how about you? :smile:
Original post by Shaz51

Join the club! We should get t-shirts or something...
Original post by SarahTM
Join the club! We should get t-shirts or something...

It would havvvvvvvvve to have a scrubs quote on it!
It would havvvvvvvvve to have a scrubs quote on it!

Ooh! :

'What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso!' :biggrin:

Or a more medically related one:

'That's actually pronounced analgesic not anal-gesic. Sir, the pills go in your mouth.'
:tongue:
Original post by SarahTM
Ooh! :

'What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso!' :biggrin:

Or a more medically related one:

'That's actually pronounced analgesic not anal-gesic. Sir, the pills go in your mouth.'
:tongue:

"Not Ming-Ming." "Mhm, her momma sat on her and then ate her" "Stupid nature" xD :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Joseppea
"Not Ming-Ming." "Mhm, her momma sat on her and then ate her" "Stupid nature" xD :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

'How can you make love to your wife when she's at fat camp?'
'The real question is: How can I make love to her when she's *not* at fat camp'

:tongue: :tongue:
I do love Scrubs <3
Original post by SarahTM
'How can you make love to your wife when she's at fat camp?'
'The real question is: How can I make love to her when she's *not* at fat camp'

:tongue: :tongue:
I do love Scrubs <3

I miss it so much :'( I wish E4 would put it back on :biggrin:

Though on a positive note, I still want to do medicine despite not having seen Scrubs recently - I must be therefore very serious about it :tongue:
Original post by Shaz51

I got rejected from King's without interview :biggrin:

I shall not be reapplying to them this year.
I miss it so much :'( I wish E4 would put it back on :biggrin:

Though on a positive note, I still want to do medicine despite not having seen Scrubs recently - I must be therefore very serious about it :tongue:

I often think that :O
My friend says she knows that I'll get into medicine.
And when I do; I'll turn into Dr Cox.
Because I am often a depressed narcissist :redface:

I'm also liking House. Only for Hugh Laurie purposes though :wink:
Original post by SarahTM
I often think that :O
My friend says she knows that I'll get into medicine.
And when I do; I'll turn into Dr Cox.
Because I am often a depressed narcissist :redface:

I'm also liking House. Only for Hugh Laurie purposes though :wink:

So why do you want to do medicine then? Because I like Scrubs helping people. :colondollar:
So why do you want to do medicine then? Because I like Scrubs helping people. :colondollar:

Because I want to work at sacred heart as part of a team. :smile:
Original post by SarahTM
Because I want to work at sacred heart as part of a team. :smile:

Sacred Heart doesn't exist anymore :bawling:

I just pretend that the last few series didn't exist :daydreaming:

Latest

Trending

Trending