The Student Room Group

June 2011 G485-Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by CoffeeStinks
Yup and the temp and time. :mad:

Not so sure thats true. The syllabus says:
"...describe qualitatively the evolution of the universe 10^-43s after the big bang to present"

Probably only need to know the major events not the times and temp, seems a little much to be honest!

Good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by jam.wa
That's ridiculous, how will you stay awake in the exam?

Unless you're so good you can literally 'do it in your sleep'.

I have actually dreamed of physics and maths before lol... Im also taking this exam :smile:
Reply 802
what are peoples predictions for this exam?
Reply 803
Original post by muffingg
How does the graph of an open universe look like then? The examples in my book and the one in my spoiler above both show that it's gradient reduces with time. Or not?

The gradient does reduce with time but not as much as with a flat universe. The gradient decreases but then remains constant after a period of time as everything is so far apart that gravity has no effect, and therefore cannot slow down the expansion.
Reply 804
Original post by theoiskl

CGP book, page 32
1st paragraph
pic on right

how is that the normal to the plane of coil?
the gradient of the flat universe declines asymptotycally <--- however you spell that ¬.¬ it never quite stops expanding
Original post by Lengalicious
the gradient of the flat universe declines asymptotycally &lt;--- however you spell that ¬.¬ it never quite stops expanding

tell me something I don't know
Original post by ChoYunEL
You mean Energy = Voltage * Charge
And Energy = 1/2 * Mass * Velocity^2
Therefore, VQ=(M * V^2)/2
and (2VQ/M) = V^2

(2 lots of Voltage * Charge ) / Mass = Velocity squared.

No if the ions enter the region which contains the B field they must all be travelling at the same velocity as otherwise some may/may not reach detector which will not be interpreted properly. So if ions enter and E-B field (E is perpendicular to B field) then if you make a slight hole so that only ions that will go straight through will pass into the main B field. This happens when Eq=Bqv i.e. v=E/B.
Reply 808
Need 128 UMS for that star! Come on OCR, no electromagnetic induction like in January please!
Original post by trapzbrah
tell me something I don't know

the guy in the previous post stated it remains constant which is WRONG why you bitchin' fo fam?? Tell you what answer me this, magnetic fields are created by moving charge and neutron stars have some of the biggest magnetic fields in the universe, they have neutral charge however, answer me the workings of a neutron star mr physicist

(Trollin' like a bitch and wont even have the decency to answer) Pffffft
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 810
Original post by anshul95
No if the ions enter the region which contains the B field they must all be travelling at the same velocity as otherwise some may/may not reach detector which will not be interpreted properly. So if ions enter and E-B field (E is perpendicular to B field) then if you make a slight hole so that only ions that will go straight through will pass into the main B field. This happens when Eq=Bqv i.e. v=E/B.

bqv = F = (mv^2)/R
(rbq)/m = v

?
The answer to #5 is 2 Hydrogen atoms. Would it be wrong to say 2 protons?

asdf.jpg
Original post by muffingg
The answer to #5 is 2 Hydrogen atoms. Would it be wrong to say 2 protons?

asdf.jpg

no
Reply 813
Staying up for 2 more hours.
Revised wrong module.....

Bus at 7.20 am... Aghhhhh :frown:
Larmor or Lamor?
I'm all done with Module 1, 2, 3 and 4:biggrin: now module 5 is left
Do we need to know about Endoscopy or Angiograms?
Original post by ViralRiver
Larmor or Lamor?

larmor frequency:smile: it is porportional to the B(magnetic field)
Going to bed now and wake up 6am, then go through module 5 (big bang+fate of universe) and then I'm all done:smile:
finally i clicked with electromagnetic induction:biggrin: it is all very simple once you understand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending