The Student Room Group

June 2011 G485-Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
sun gives out energy in the form of electromagnetic waves? yh?
Can someone explain the acoustic impedance equation?
Reply 822
Original post by ViralRiver
Can someone explain the acoustic impedance equation?

It's Z=rho x c, where Z is the acoustical impedance, rho is the density of the material and c is speed of sound.
(edited 12 years ago)
Good morning folks!
Reply 824
D:
I finally understand olbers' paradox:biggrin:
Original post by gradu
:biggrin:

Fixed.

cheer up:biggrin: lets smash this!
Reply 827
How the **** were you up at 4 AM!

Who wants to tell me the main things of electromagnetic induction?
Original post by Ralphus J
How the **** were you up at 4 AM!

Who wants to tell me the main things of electromagnetic induction?

hahah I'm determined to smash this paper! I'll do whatever it takes!

here are the main points of electromagnetic induction

1) E Induction is basically the Generation of e.m.f from moving a coil through a magnetic field or visa versa (moving the magnet) electrons experience a force hence charge accumulates at one end:smile:

2) Faraday's Law

the e.m.f induced=-the rate of change of flux linkage

flux linkage=BAN B=magnetic flux density A=Area of the coil N=number of turns

the minus sign indicates that this e.m.f opposes whatever it is causing it:smile: Lenz's law

3) Lenz's law states that the direction of any induced current is in a direction that opposes the flux change that causes it:smile:

4) Transformers work by electromagnetic induction. They use Electromagnetic induction to change the size of the voltage for an alternating current.

5) Generators work by converting KE into electrical energy. It does this by inducing a current by rotating a coil in a magnetic field
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 829
I'm tired :frown:
6 hours sleep, then did some semi-sleep in my head revision :flutter:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
6 hours sleep, then did some semi-sleep in my head revision :flutter:

I just couldn't sleep last night:frown: my mind was on C4:mad: so I decided to just lay down close eyes for full 3 hours! here I am this morning having not slept at all:eek: I just went through module 5 and I'm done:biggrin: Now it's all just reviewing last night's work:wink:
Original post by Pheylan
I'm tired :frown:

At least you slept for some hours!
good luck guys!
Reply 834
For LHR and RHR you use conventional current or electron flow?
Original post by Ralphus J
For LHR and RHR you use conventional current or electron flow?

Conventional:smile:
I had a dream about Physics and then I woke up and immediately defined magnetic flux. It was really weird. Anyway good luck everyone I hope it's an alright exam and that there is actually enough time to complete it!
Reply 837
Original post by Rosieretops
I had a dream about Physics and then I woke up and immediately defined magnetic flux. It was really weird.

Once I woke up and knew how to win a game of noughts and crosses :confused: Another time I woke up and spelt 'antidisestablishmentarianism' for the first time
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 838
How did everyone find it then? :smile:
Reply 839
Thought it wasn't too bad, but I ran out of time :s-smilie: had a few minutes to go back and scribble some answers to some of the essay type questions. Did anyone else get 1/81 for the ratio in the capacitance question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending