The Student Room Group

June 2011 G485-Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940

I think 4.5v for 1.5X10^-6 capacitor becus C1XV1=C2XV2 in series. it is not the ratio like resistance in AS G482 and 1.5 for 4.5X10^-6 capacitor
so that they have the same charge overal for both capacitors
Reply 941
Pretty sure I got 3 for the ratio which is right, there's a high p.d. across the smaller capacitor.

For the eletric field question, you had to use the left hand rule, using the current as conventional current, so you had the force pointing upwards, and the force on the scale would be whatever it was plus 0.016 i think, due to newton's 3rd law of motion pushing down on the magnet.. :wink:
Gah I got the P.D's across the capacitors wrong. I hope they won't punish me too many times for that cause you needed to use it in the other questions!
Reply 943
Original post by Franklin
Pretty sure I got 3 for the ratio which is right, there's a high p.d. across the smaller capacitor.

For the eletric field question, you had to use the left hand rule, using the current as conventional current, so you had the force pointing upwards, and the force on the scale would be whatever it was plus 0.016 i think, due to newton's 3rd law of motion pushing down on the magnet.. :wink:

That's EXACTLY what I put. Thank **** there is some hope for this question.
For the current/ power dissapated question.. did anyone use 0.2V for the p.d - as it said across the wire, not across the lamp?
Reply 945
Original post by JohnnySAFC19
Did any1 else not finish the paper or was that just me

i totally didn't finish, thought i had more time than i did and didnt do the last 2 questions :/
does anyone know how many marks the last few questions were?
What did people get for the angle using the vector diagram? Not a bad paper overall, just difficult. I didnt even notice this mistake, which is quite worrying!
How did people get the angle for the ball question as 18? I got 73 using the tan of the angle and the horizontal/vertical components.

Overall, a tricky paper. Took a while to figure out some of the answers, but I think I did okay.
Reply 948
Original post by JohnnySAFC19
Did any1 else not finish the paper or was that just me

i had to rush at the end and didnt have time to go back and check my answers - she stopped me writing mid sentance, and wouldnt let me write one more word so that what i wrote made sence :angry:, but in answer to your question i did finish the paper -just lol
Original post by Captain Hob
How did people get the angle for the ball question as 18? I got 73 using the tan of the angle and the horizontal/vertical components.

Overall, a tricky paper. Took a while to figure out some of the answers, but I think I did okay.

You might not of done MG to get the mass of the ball as a force.
Reply 950

I got 73 as well but that's wrong since you had to use the weight of the charge and not the mass, so x 9.81. I hope we at least get some method marks.
I got 18.4 degress for the angle. Resolved vertically and horizontally, then divided through to get rid of tension.
Reply 952
Original post by ViralRiver
For the current/ power dissapated question.. did anyone use 0.2V for the p.d - as it said across the wire, not across the lamp?

I used 0.2V too:smile:
Original post by Lucy24
i totally didn't finish, thought i had more time than i did and didnt do the last 2 questions :/

Q9: Ultrasound worth 5 marks
Q10: Nuclear fission worth 7 marks.

=12%
Reply 954

i got 87 lol, and yh same i recon i did okay, but there wasnt anyhthing on decay reactions - i could have done that lol
Reply 955
Original post by dasha962
medical physics is a waste of time, there is sooo much to learn for it.

I KNOW RIGHT!! it's so useless...not interesting...hard..hard to understand ...so much...depressing...words with calculations that would never actually help me in my life. it's so pointless...why did they add it to the syllabus? i rather if we do more nuclear/fields/cosmology bit=,=
:mad:
but the exam on it was quite gd...not too hard:wink:
Original post by VDX
I used 0.2V too:smile:

I totally didnt, FUUUUUUUU
Reply 957
Original post by Lucy24

About 6-8 marks for each
Reply 958
Original post by Raimu
That's EXACTLY what I put. Thank **** there is some hope for this question.

Using the left had rule force would be downwards and therefore the magnet would be pushed upwards therefore you would take it away from the balance
Reply 959

I used material U238 is that right I think should be U234 for fission?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending