The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

how do i study for this paper??:/
Reply 261
Original post by Kaskade
The awkward moment when you realise ICT is Business Studies, Environmental Studies, Law and Computing squished into one subject :P!

Haha dam knew I should have picked chemistry :-P

Nah, you're teacher's right, I was just putting it in terms of the environment :smile:

in response to your response my As are only just As and besides regarding info 4 I think my teacher was probably far too kind. But let's hope! Revising all well most of section B stuff today and section A tomorrow :-/ hope it works.
does any1 think nano technology will come up?
Reply 263
Original post by waseemjussab
does any1 think nano technology will come up?

if u mean emerging technologies as a whole, i doubt it since it came up in a recent exam, i don't think they ever ask such specific questions on part of a section, since nanotechnology is such a small topic i dont think it will come up, not specifically atleast
ok..:smile: coz my follens book says for further info go to the nano tech site n there is sooo muchhh on it.. Wat do you think the last question will be on?
Original post by tt123
Advantages of using packages as opposed to bespoke?
HELP?
Benefits in enhancing legacy systems as opposed to new systems?
HELP?
with package application software you can use the same peripherals/hardware such as printers because it is compatible with existing hardware or you can choose package software which is compatible with existing hardware, with bespoke systems you may have to upgrade hardware and output devices in order for the system to run efficiently without compatibility issues. Therefore existing hardware can become obsolete after a short period of time, alternatively new hardware could be more energy efficient at the expensive of the organisation. Finally package software systems allow organisations to share resources/hardware such as printers because hardware is compatible because they use the same software, therefore less electricity is used as there is no need for multiple printers etc. which create a 'hotspot' if they are located in the same room.
In relation to green computing I cant see any benefits in enhancing legacy systems, often systems which require constant hardware updates and are in the decline stage of the system life cycle, the amount of energy they use and give off as heat can be much more than the modern equivalent.
hope that helps

wasnt bespoke vs generic on the unit 1 or 2 papers?? x
Original post by ,,,,
How's everyone's revision going? I am going to do the majority after my exam tomorrow and wednesday...anyone else just got this exam left, or others to?

not great for this subject, concentrating on other exams really, i have S2 tomrrow and economics thursday after the ict!! im ****ed x x x
Reply 267
Original post by Nicola.Garner

this is in relation to green computing, talks about it somewhere on the pre release so could ask a question on it
Reply 268
Do you think there will be a question asking to draw a flow diagram or a context diagram? I haven't seen them in any past papers?
Original post by Jasmin11
Do you think there will be a question asking to draw a flow diagram or a context diagram? I haven't seen them in any past papers?

There was one in jan 11, to be precise one information flow and entity diagram around 10 marks altogether..
Original post by tt123
this is in relation to green computing, talks about it somewhere on the pre release so could ask a question on it

ahhh ****kk... im going to have to read throught it again, the only issue is that i dont remember what i read :/ x
Reply 271
Original post by Noj2202
in response to your response my As are only just As and besides regarding info 4 I think my teacher was probably far too kind. But let's hope! Revising all well most of section B stuff today and section A tomorrow :-/ hope it works.

Ahh, everyone was saying their teachers were too kind whereas mine was really harsh! haha. I did 200 pages and the highest anyone else got was a D!!! Hope it goes up... Yeah i've still gotta revise 5 more sections so will split that up today and tomorrow and just revise the part A in the evenings.. :s-smilie: good luck

Original post by Nicola.Garner

Yeah but it talks about it in the pre-release... not quite sure how to link it to the environment.

Original post by ,,,,
There was one in jan 11, to be precise one information flow and entity diagram around 10 marks altogether..

Ugh, i bloody hope nothing on that comes up... My teacher said that if Entity or DFD's came up, it's more likely they're asking you to label it? is that what came up?
(edited 12 years ago)

Dude, your notes are so good, thanks
Original post by Kaskade
Ahh, everyone was saying their teachers were too kind whereas mine was really harsh! haha. I did 200 pages and the highest anyone else got was a D!!! Hope it goes up... Yeah i've still gotta revise 5 more sections so will split that up today and tomorrow and just revise the part A in the evenings.. :s-smilie: good luck Ugh, i bloody hope nothing on that comes up... My teacher said that if Entity or DFD's came up, it's more likely they're asking you to label it? is that what came up?

Yep precisely that, 8 marks for labeling the ins and outs of the information, but tbh the scenario was on a taxi hiring thing, so you could see that coming, ours is nothing to do with information flows or entity so i highly doubt it will come up, just learn definitions though , and you did 200 pages on your coursework wtf LOL, i did 70 :tongue:
Reply 274
Original post by Kaskade

Original post by Kaskade
Thanks, that's great :smile: Although I'm trying to link it to the environment? How does using application systems become more environmentally friendly than the bespoke systems? That's what the material is trying to get at :/ any ideas?

when designing bespoke software software programmers do not have to use a lot of coding and algotrihtms to create these speacilsed packages by reducing it they are able to reduce the amount of power consumption a computer/laptop uses.
Reply 275

Original post by ,,,,

no probz thanks
Reply 276

Original post by ,,,,

after the exam ill get the paper from my teacher an upload it to my blog you can even start a discussion on it if you like
Reply 277
Original post by ,,,,

I meant if they would make us draw a diagram and there hasn't been any questions on context diagrams?
Reply 278

Original post by ,,,,

there is no sign of database within the case so probz not
Reply 279
Original post by thairshan
there on my blog possible questions check it out and theres notes as well on each topic enjoy

Hey, don't mean to rush you but could you put the answers up on your blog. I've answered them but I have a feeling that I've got some of them wrong :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending