The Student Room Group

June 2011 G485-Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by susan23
WHY THE **** DID U GUYS GET EXTRA TIME THAT'S SO ****ING UNFAIR...I CUD OF FINISHED A COUPLE OF QUESTIIONS I MISSED IN THAT TIME...I hate these ****ing new rules ppl just make....extra time wont fix mistakes in exams...itt's pathetic!

I have reported this to the board and they will get back to me!!!

:angry:

:smile:
I didnt get extra time, wish I ****ing did then I could of put some detail into my essay parts.
Reply 1242
Does anyone know what the cut-off was last year was for 90% UMS? I don't the OCR put that in their garde boundaries document....
Why complain!? please just leave it, OCR already have enough stuff to deal with like OCR Biology F215
Reply 1244
Original post by m92singh
Dude I think this is when they have posted this message (hence news called news archive)

OCR stated that they wanted to ensure that all candidates get the marks they deserve. How can candidates do this if OCR make errors in papers. I was implying that they have screwed up because of errors.
Reply 1245
tbh, I think it's outrageous that people got extra time. That is exceedingly unfair to all those students who had to finish exactly 1h45mins on the dot, 10 extra minutes can make all the difference between an A to an A* or a B to an A, and I just think this exam is unfairly monitored and therefore should be taken into consideration when marking. I don't even know a simple way to put it. Without having any medical condition there is no reason why some (actually probably 20-50%) of candidates are given extra time. I might as well have spent 3 hours on that paper if I really wanted to. Really this is all quite ridiculous and definitely needs to be reported to exam boards for unfair invigilation.
Reply 1246
I thought the paper was pretty straightforward, there were'nt any questions that were too hard to do, and supperisingly i had enough time to finish it. and the mistake they made didn't really effect anything.
Reply 1247
Original post by sam1am
Does anyone know what the cut-off was last year was for 90% UMS? I don't the OCR put that in their garde boundaries document....

on the june 2010 paper, 74 marks out of 100 was 90% - 135 UMS
Reply 1248
Original post by In the looney bin
x/4200 = 12V/230V

x=219-220 turns

Don't tell us we're all wrong.

I've firmed Nottingham for Mechanical Engineering too :smile:
Original post by TobeTheHero
Why complain!? please just leave it, OCR already have enough stuff to deal with like OCR Biology F215

:ditto:
Going to be a long tense wait till results day :flutter:
Reply 1251
Original post by purist66
OCR stated that they wanted to ensure that all candidates get the marks they deserve. How can candidates do this if OCR make errors in papers. I was implying that they have screwed up because of errors.

Got that right my friend :smile: I've contacted them about the fact some centres allowed more time for the exam to candidates and they are investigating it. I think more of us should email them and make awarness of this matter

[email protected]
Reply 1252
Original post by adam01ox
on the june 2010 paper, 74 marks out of 100 was 90% - 135 UMS

Cheers!
Original post by anshul96
it's not ocr's fault you son of a bitch

Only the official exam invigilators (Employed by OCR!) can allow extra 10 mins, its OCR's liability...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1254
no unofficial markscheme yet...i'm dissapointed in you tsr!
Original post by yokabasha
I drew an exponential curve cause K.E= 0.5mv^2, v increases with distance, then from 0.08 onwards, it is a straight line, since nothing is changing.

Ahh good point, though surely it would be parabolic, not exponential?
Reply 1256

But only "they" can do something about it, even though its not their fault.

I just want to know how they can allow that to happen? and why?
Why should students who did have extra time be docked marks? They were told by the invigilators that they were allowed an extra 10 mins etc.

Also I dont think they will try to find out all the candidates who were not given extra time and be more lenient with marking their papers. Just my opinion. I agree yes that some people were rushed for time, but for people who finished in time and were given extra time why should they be punished.
Original post by mulley
Excellent point :smile:
Anyway, we had extra time equating to about 3 minutes which isn't really fair because it doesn't give you time to prove some of it. At the end of the day though if there are two different measurements surely you take the one which makes the most sense and proves the question. If you are an A* candidate then surely you'd apply the logic :biggrin:

Somehow I don't think everyone is an A* candidate.
Reply 1259

No one is blaming OCR. We are notifying them of this matter and to take it into consideration when marking and setting grade boundaries. Because after all it's equivalent to cheating!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending