The Student Room Group

June 2011 G485-Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
I SWEAR the 0.05m one ALLOWS you to calculate the SHOW question properly

AND THUS IT IS PROBABLY THE CORRECT ONE?
OR DID I **** UP THE SHOW THAT QUESTION?
THAT'S NOT ****ING FAIR.
Original post by anshul96
it's not ocr's fault you son of a bitch

It is OCR's fault. They should be competent enough to type consistent number and correct questions...
Reply 1262
Original post by susan23
No one is blaming OCR. We are notifying them of this matter and to take it into consideration when marking and setting grade boundaries. Because after all it's equivalent to cheating!

your mom and me is equivalent to cheating.
Reply 1263
Original post by hhello
Please write to OCR to voice our complaints about this paper.

Write to:

[email protected]

It will hopefully bring the boundaries down, as in all honesty it takes the piss that some people were given extra time. At our school 4 people asked the invigilators about something, then about 10 minutes before the end of the exam we were told it should be 0.05cm. This as a result caused about half of us to not finish as we went back to redo that question and almost no-one had a chance to do any checking of their calculations, or go back to answer any missed questions.

Please write to OCR, it will likely do some good to the grade boundaries if enough people do. I hope OCR realise that this really does effect many of us quite severely, I need an A* for my uni offer and I no longer think ill get it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

James.

I've wrote to them :biggrin:
Reply 1264
Original post by FutureMedic
Why should students who did have extra time be docked marks? They were told by the invigilators that they were allowed an extra 10 mins etc.

Also I dont think they will try to find out all the candidates who were not given extra time and be more lenient with marking their papers. Just my opinion. I agree yes that some people were rushed for time, but for people who finished in time and were given extra time why should they be punished.

It;s not the students falt. But they should definitly lower the grade boundaries for compensation, that way we will all benefit and no unfair marks will be taken off anyone. I think this is fair.
Reply 1265
Also I wrote to them too. :smile:
Reply 1266
Original post by anshul96
please shut the **** up.

Why shouldn't we complain? OCR are the exam board and if they **** up even slightly they should have to answer for it. What makes it much worst is that many people have been given extra time. That is massively unfair. On a paper where you are already pushed for time, and then told there is an error in the paper and end up redoing a question, where as other people get 10-15 minutes extra which really can make a huge difference. These are our uni offers on the line, and when you are expecting to get an A* or an A, but due to OCR messing up you may not, I think it is only fair that we complain.

Again if you feel it is unfair that some may have got extra time please do email OCR at [email protected] . Thanks
:mad:
Reply 1267
Original post by ViralRiver
Somehow I don't think everyone is an A* candidate.

wasn't saying that. But one of the people said that they won't get an A* should probably question his logical reasoning....besides I'm sure they will discount some of the question which is unfair on candidates who could apply some logic and struggled with a couple of other questions.
Reply 1268
Original post by susan23
tbh, I think it's outrageous that people got extra time. That is exceedingly unfair to all those students who had to finish exactly 1h45mins on the dot, 10 extra minutes can make all the difference between an A to an A* or a B to an A, and I just think this exam is unfairly monitored and therefore should be taken into consideration when marking. I don't even know a simple way to put it. Without having any medical condition there is no reason why some (actually probably 20-50%) of candidates are given extra time. I might as well have spent 3 hours on that paper if I really wanted to. Really this is all quite ridiculous and definitely needs to be reported to exam boards for unfair invigilation.

Keep this going I've emailed them the more people we get the better!!!
Original post by FutureMedic
Why should students who did have extra time be docked marks? They were told by the invigilators that they were allowed an extra 10 mins etc.
Ideally they shouldn't. But why should other people who could have that extra time be disadvantaged instead? Its basically the same principle, one party has the unfair advantage over the other.

Also I dont think they will try to find out all the candidates who were not given extra time and be more lenient with marking their papers. Just my opinion.

There's a user called "Zii" who's dad is the chief examiner of AQA, maybe we should get him to ask what happens when stuff like this occurs...
I agree yes that some people were rushed for time, but for people who finished in time and were given extra time why should they be punished.
No they shouldn't be punished, but it should be a fair exam, with the same conditions for everyone taking it. Who knows, that extra few mins could have tipped many people to 100%...

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1270
do you think that they will award all the marks for the question that had the error in it? as in just the marks for the show that part?
I skipped that question, looks like it was srs bsns.
Original post by susan23
that's funny, cos I slept with yours too!

Bringing mums into the equation is not going to solve anything. I bet you're one of those bastards who got extra time. You heartless person.

Ha! :rofl:
Out of rep to give!
:rofl: I've spent my whole time at sixth form bitching about Physics B... Pretty glad we took it now :wink:
Original post by ViralRiver
Ahh good point, though surely it would be parabolic, not exponential?

Yh parabolic/upwards curve basically, My curve intercepted the y axis positively, because it started with a velocity, then curved upwards, til it reached 0.08, then went straight horizontally, cause it didn't say whether it lost or increased KE, so assumed it went constant.
Could anyone please post the mark scheme on the site? I want to see how well I've done (or not, as the case may be).

Thanks to cleverbong for enquiring about the exam paper and to apo1324 for uploading it. I wish the mark scheme would be uploaded soon.

Thanks.

tommo_lcfc
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I skipped that question, looks like it was srs bsns.

That question worth a lot of marks.
Original post by tommo_lcfc
Could anyone please post the mark scheme on the site? I want to see how well I've done (or not, as the case may be).

Thanks to cleverbong for enquiring about the exam paper and to apo1324 for uploading it. I wish the mark scheme would be uploaded soon.

Thanks.

tommo_lcfc

If no one else makes one, i'll print off the paper, do it, and then upload it after my last exam tomorrow :smile:
Original post by cleverbong
That question worth a lot of marks.

4, And you only need around 65 for an A.
Reply 1279
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
4, And you only need around 65 for an A.

which question are we on about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending