The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

What is everybody's opinion on Agnes Jones accommodation ??
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 261
Not too bad, I know someone from LIPA who lived there and said it was okay, they did have a few problems, but nothing above and beyond what you'd get in any student accomodation. Only issue is it's not Uni of Liverpool accomodation, so you may be in a minority (but that's not necessarily a bad thing)

It's a 10 minute walk to Uni, so you won't have to be up too early to get in, and you've got the advantage of not having to rely on public transport
Reply 262
Original post by ShadowWolf
Awesome I wasnt sure which accomodation to put, but seems like I did good. As Im unconditional Im definately moving into Derby and Rathbone on the 17th. Iv got a s/c and ensuite room. Think Im on the second floor as well. XD Rosheeny we could be sharing a kitchen, and hali0112 come to D&R!!! Although Im not quite a Med student (Vet Med) its close enough. Out of interest why do u want to be with other medics?

you're a vet med student :smile: heyyy. have you been on the vet med thread on here? or our facebook group? link for fb group on my signature if not, look forward to meeting you in september. been here this year on the new prevet course and stayed in halls (tudor close,mulberry court),
looking for private with one of my flatmates for this september though :biggrin:
x
Original post by tink_89
you're a vet med student :smile: heyyy. have you been on the vet med thread on here? or our facebook group? link for fb group on my signature if not, look forward to meeting you in september. been here this year on the new prevet course and stayed in halls (tudor close,mulberry court),
looking for private with one of my flatmates for this september though :biggrin:
x

Cant seem to get on the facebook site but found the liverpool vet site! Sooo looking forward to it. And thats pretty awesome, I havent managed to look round Liverpool at all. Had to quickly go up there for my interview and thats it. Trouble with living so far away!
Original post by hali0112
Hi! :smile: congratulations on the unconditional offer! I don't really mind either way. it sounds like you have all your accomodation sorted. just out of interest, what made you choose derby and rathbone?

erm chose it mainly because it was self catered. Loved the fact that my sis and bro both went self catered and they use their kitchens as a lounge/pre lash area/24.7 chill out room/place to grab your breakfast in your pjs without caring too much kinda place for their room mates. just felt more social. Plus the pics looked really gd on the website. Didnt like the idea of Dale where the only self catered rooms were only for guys. The kitchen would be a state and your room will be broken into in the night as they attempt to throw you in the shower lol.
oh and my room is gonna be Q2.12, 2ND FLOOR, Derby & Rathbone - S/C ensuite!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and i think its a gd idea if we have a page similar to the vet med stalking page so we know what rooms everyones gonna be in! XD
Reply 267
Cant seem to get on the facebook site but found the liverpool vet site! Sooo looking forward to it. And thats pretty awesome, I havent managed to look round Liverpool at all. Had to quickly go up there for my interview and thats it. Trouble with living so far away!

where are you from? Liverpool's amazing I really like it. ace night life and student prices as well. The accommodation Ive been in this year has been very close to everything (apart from my lessons because they were taught in st helens for the prevet year) 10 minutes walk to town, 2 to the vet school aceeee :smile: theres not much to not like to be honest Im sure you'll love it :smile: try this link for the fb group

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_130419547028858
Original post by tink_89
where are you from? Liverpool's amazing I really like it. ace night life and student prices as well. The accommodation Ive been in this year has been very close to everything (apart from my lessons because they were taught in st helens for the prevet year) 10 minutes walk to town, 2 to the vet school aceeee :smile: theres not much to not like to be honest Im sure you'll love it :smile: try this link for the fb group

hey did you do a foundation course at carmel college by any chance? x
Reply 269
Original post by BoltonFan123
hey did you do a foundation course at carmel college by any chance? x

yeah just finished. year 0 foundations of veterinary science. why you ask? :smile:
Original post by tink_89

Found the site anyway and joined lol. I live down in Kent so its a bit of a trek to get there and cant really do a day trip lol.
Reply 271
Found the site anyway and joined lol. I live down in Kent so its a bit of a trek to get there and cant really do a day trip lol.

oh fair enough that is too much of a trek haha. whats your name? Im admin of the fb group so will have had to accept you into it haha x
Got my place in D+R, V4 ground floor :biggrin:
Reply 273
Original post by tink_89
yeah just finished. year 0 foundations of veterinary science. why you ask? :smile:

oh cool, just wondered is all - i start at carmel college in sept and im stressing out a little bit! could you answer a few questions for me? im just wondering if transports gonna be a hassle cos im staying in D&R. did you have access to facilities at UoL? was it just like being a first year uni student? ahh whats the college like is it difficult?

any help appreciated :biggrin:

oh this is my account, other was my brothers :smile: thanks"!
Reply 274
Original post by Dalejh01
oh cool, just wondered is all - i start at carmel college in sept and im stressing out a little bit! could you answer a few questions for me? im just wondering if transports gonna be a hassle cos im staying in D&R. did you have access to facilities at UoL? was it just like being a first year uni student? ahh whats the college like is it difficult?

any help appreciated :biggrin:

oh this is my account, other was my brothers :smile: thanks"!

I stayed on campus accommodation but apparently its easier to travel to carmel from D+R so good choice. travellings a bit of a pain tbh but you get used to it. From D+R I think its about 45 minutes of travelling. You'll need a bus pass. Last year I paid £205 for a pass from september to half way through april. (works out about £70 cheaper than getting the one til end of june because after april you'll only be in carmel 2 weeks at the most so I just bought day savers after that)
. In terms of being like a uni student I think you only really tend to feel like that if you're staying in liverpool but I did so yeah it kind of was for me. The lessons arent taught like uni lectures though more like classroom college style but for the nature of the year 0 I think its better that way, smaller groups (about 20 in a class) so if you're struggling its easier to ask for help as and when you need it.
You have access to all the UOL facilities, I used to use the library regularly. I wouldnt stress about it at all tbh :biggrin: all the staff are really friendly and living at uni has given me the best of both worlds really. Really enjoyed this year, year 0 is fast paced but if you keep up with the work you'll definitely pass.

Which course are you doing there? Im on here pretty much about 3 times a day so if you want to know anything else just let me know :biggrin:
Original post by tink_89
I stayed on campus accommodation but apparently its easier to travel to carmel from D+R so good choice. travellings a bit of a pain tbh but you get used to it. From D+R I think its about 45 minutes of travelling. You'll need a bus pass. Last year I paid £205 for a pass from september to half way through april. (works out about £70 cheaper than getting the one til end of june because after april you'll only be in carmel 2 weeks at the most so I just bought day savers after that)
. In terms of being like a uni student I think you only really tend to feel like that if you're staying in liverpool but I did so yeah it kind of was for me. The lessons arent taught like uni lectures though more like classroom college style but for the nature of the year 0 I think its better that way, smaller groups (about 20 in a class) so if you're struggling its easier to ask for help as and when you need it.
You have access to all the UOL facilities, I used to use the library regularly. I wouldnt stress about it at all tbh :biggrin: all the staff are really friendly and living at uni has given me the best of both worlds really. Really enjoyed this year, year 0 is fast paced but if you keep up with the work you'll definitely pass.

Which course are you doing there? Im on here pretty much about 3 times a day so if you want to know anything else just let me know :biggrin:

Ah thanks for the reply, that was very helpful :smile: i am doing geography foundation so i dunno whether the class sizes will be very big! did you have to choose modules from like maths / physics / geog / ict ? and when you mentioned after april? only two weeks! i presume they just leave you to study until exams in june ? what time does the course / exams finish ? haha thanks alot :biggrin:
I've looked at the university accommodation and literally none of it appeals to me. Which private student accommodation would people recommend? I've looked around at plenty of places but I don't want to end up somewhere with a majority of second year students/people who already know each other etc.
Reply 277
Original post by BoltonFan123
Ah thanks for the reply, that was very helpful :smile: i am doing geography foundation so i dunno whether the class sizes will be very big! did you have to choose modules from like maths / physics / geog / ict ? and when you mentioned after april? only two weeks! i presume they just leave you to study until exams in june ? what time does the course / exams finish ? haha thanks alot :biggrin:

no prob. Ah ok course dates might be different but we did our last exam on 19th may for the foundation vet course. we had 2 weeks off for easter at beginning of april then 2 weeks in (but it was all those bankholidays so we were actually only in for 5 days over 2 weeks) then after that we were only in for our exams :smile:
Reply 278
Original post by StefanieLouise
I've looked at the university accommodation and literally none of it appeals to me. Which private student accommodation would people recommend? I've looked around at plenty of places but I don't want to end up somewhere with a majority of second year students/people who already know each other etc.

Im having the same problem, just spent the last year in halls in liverpool and want private this year, struggling to say the least, think Im being a bit picky though tbh. It'll be my second year in liverpool but I'll be a first year (just done a foundation year)
I really want somewhere where I dont have to get a bus in but to be honest most of the private student accommodation is up near sefton park (smithdown road) ranges from 1-4 miles away from university depending how far you go out so its not too far (its about 10 mins on the bus) but Im being fussy haha.
Been looking at some of the private halls today, opal court is quite nice. Cambridge court is really nice aswel had friends staying there this year, but its a bit more pricey than the others. The only one Ive been warned against so far is North western hall (from the company cosmostudents) apparently its not worth the money and nothing ever gets fixed.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by tink_89
Im having the same problem, just spent the last year in halls in liverpool and want private this year, struggling to say the least, think Im being a bit picky though tbh. It'll be my second year in liverpool but I'll be a first year (just done a foundation year)
I really want somewhere where I dont have to get a bus in but to be honest most of the private student accommodation is up near sefton park (smithdown road) ranges from 1-4 miles away from university depending how far you go out so its not too far (its about 10 mins on the bus) but Im being fussy haha.
Been looking at some of the private halls today, opal court is quite nice. Cambridge court is really nice aswel had friends staying there this year, but its a bit more pricey than the others. The only one Ive been warned against so far is North western hall (from the company cosmostudents) apparently its not worth the money and nothing ever gets fixed.
Good luck :smile:

Really? Hah, thanks for that, I was actually considering going for North Western but it's fully booked now - I was mainly sucked in by the pretty building and being across the road from an art gallery. :colondollar: Is it the whole of cosmostudents you've been warned against or just North Western? Because I was also considering perhaps going for Marybone as it seems quite nice and it isn't that expensive.

I quite liked the liked the look of Opal Court too, I could see myself ending up going for there as the relatively short walk seems quite appealing haha. :biggrin: Do you know what the difference is between "Standard Ensuite" and "Standard Plus Ensuite"?

Sorry if that's too many questions! But good luck to you too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending