The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Postgrads - 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Ah well, good luck then! Maybe you could come visit sometime.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hello everyone!
Im an international student from Thailand - will be attending MSc at Nottingham Business School. Anyone will be stay at OPAL1 ?
Original post by .Inspired
Ah well, good luck then! Maybe you could come visit sometime.

thanks, and I will! can't stay away lol.
Reply 63
Original post by AHZ
Hello Everyone,
I hope to be at Nottingham in the second week of September. I really wanted to apply for the accomadation at Melton but it is already full. Had no option but to apply at Raleigh Park. Any idea how it is?

I want to know who else has applied for Msc. Management. Any suggestion for reading material. Ex-students please comment. Thanks.

hii

ill be doing msc management too and will be staying in melton :smile:
Hi there,
Well I'm Pooja, a student from India. Will be joining Nottingham for MSc in Psychology and Health. Anyone staying at Opal? Or planning to ? Or is anyone staying there at present? How far is it from Jubilee Campus?? :confused:

Anyone doing psychology??
Original post by Luser
I'll be a Psychological Research Masters' student and I love the look of Opal 1! What do you think of it for the price?

Hi ... Im planning on staying there as well. Have u looked at the Mansion Square accomodation??
Im looking for a place which feels a little like home. Im planning on sharing a flat... :smile:
@ Luser... Im a psychology student too... Nice seeing someone here whose studying Psychology as well.... Have u decided on ur accomodation already??
Original post by Kynthia86
Great idea! Also couldn't find other PG students... :smile:

I am a EU student (German) and will be studying Management Psychology. Therefore, I guess my lectures will mainly be based at Jubilee Campus. :smile:

I decided not to move into university's accommodation as I am pretty sure that the UG freshers there will party hard throughout the year... At least this is what I did... ;-)

I have found a nice offer on gumtree.com and will probably move into a shared house at Beeston. I know that there will be another room available - if you are interested.

By the way: My name is Jenny :smile:

Hi,
I'm Pooja, I'll be joining Nottingham this September [MSc In psychology and health]. And I've been looking for accommodation as well. Are you planning on sharing an apartment? :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Poojanaik.r
Hi,
I'm Pooja, I'll be joining Nottingham this September [MSc In psychology and health]. And I've been looking for accommodation as well. Are you planning on sharing an apartment? :smile:

Hi Pooja,

I have already found a nice, shared house in Beeston. :smile:

Look forward to meeting you in Sep!
Hi Pooja,

I have already found a nice, shared house in Beeston. :smile:

Look forward to meeting you in Sep!

Hey! Thats lovely. How far is it from the Jubilee campus?... same here looking forward to meeting u too. Let me know if your on facebook. :smile:
Original post by magy
I’ll start my MSc Supply Chain and Operations Management so I guess my lectures will be at Jubilee Campus.

Heya there Magy, I'll be doing MSc Supply Chain and Operations Management too. Thank God there are gonna be girls there :biggrin:

Anyways, hello to all of you people.

As most of you, I have no idea about where I'll end up living the next year, but will find out soon, since I'll moving to Notts at the begging of July to fix me some job and whatnot.

See you in September!
(edited 12 years ago)
About Beeston and Opal1, I have paid the Business School a visit earlier this month and have intentionally taken a walk from the bus station to the Jubilee Campus. Hence I can tell you, that they both are not too far away imo, Opal is just around 500m away from the JC gates. Besston/Lenton are like 10 minute walk away, or less, depending on where you end up living. The city centre is like 15-20 minutes walk away from Opal1, and around 25m from JC.
Reply 72
Original post by Poojanaik.r
Hey! Thats lovely. How far is it from the Jubilee campus?... same here looking forward to meeting u too. Let me know if your on facebook. :smile:

Hey Pooja,

I guess it depends on where exactly one is living in Beeston. One of my future house mates is also studying at Jubilee Campus and told me that it's 20 minutes max from our house. (10 min walking to hopper bus station and then around 5-7 minutes).

That's totally ok for me - needed 45 minutes at my former university. And I heard that Beeston is one of the most popular student areas - therefore, I guess I don't have to be afraid of sitting around bored in my room every evening. :wink:
Reply 73
Original post by Konrad von Mat
About Beeston and Opal1, I have paid the Business School a visit earlier this month and have intentionally taken a walk from the bus station to the Jubilee Campus. Hence I can tell you, that they both are not too far away imo, Opal is just around 500m away from the JC gates. Besston/Lenton are like 10 minute walk away, or less, depending on where you end up living. The city centre is like 15-20 minutes walk away from Opal1, and around 25m from JC.

Beeston is just a 10 minute walk away from Jubilee? I thought it was more like 20-30 minutes. Lenton is about 10 minutes away, I think.

Anyway nice to meet you! Looks like the postgrad numbers are increasing. :smile:
Reply 74

Original post by Lm83
Hello there! :smile:

I'm Lorenzo from Italy and I'll be in Nottingham for a PhD course starting next September. I haven't applied for accommodation, I can't decide.

Are there any other PhD students? I'm looking for accommodation advices. :smile:

Hi Lorenzo!

I'm from India and I've just been offered a position at EPSRC's doctoral training centre in regenerative medicine. However, since I am an international student, I will have to find funding to cover my tuition fees and accommodation.. Since you're also an international student I was wondering how you're going to be funding yourself.

Thanks
Reply 75
Original post by |_JR_|

Original post by |_JR_|
Hi folks,

I'm Ricardo, from Portugal, and I hope to come to Nottingham to do a PhD in Quantum Gravity - I have the offer but I'm still applying for funding - nevertheless, I'm confident enough that I'll get it to make this post :P.

Regarding accommodation, I can't make any plans yet, obviously, but I'd like to live on one of the university halls, it would save me the hassle of commuting and certainly be a lot safer right? (ok, I have to admit, I found this forum after looking for information on crime statistics and safety in Nottingham, and I was getting pretty scared until I found out campus is nowhere near the worst areas).

I don't even mind if there are partying freshmen, maybe I'll join them, lol :smile:

Hi Ricardo!

Have you been able to find funding? I'm an international student and have an offer to do my PhD in Notts provided i find funding to cover tuition fees and living expenses. Any suggestions? I'm from India
Reply 76
Original post by shrooti
Hi Lorenzo!

I'm from India and I've just been offered a position at EPSRC's doctoral training centre in regenerative medicine. However, since I am an international student, I will have to find funding to cover my tuition fees and accommodation.. Since you're also an international student I was wondering how you're going to be funding yourself.

Thanks

They're both from the EU. A lot of funding opportunities that are open to them will not be open to non-EU students, including some departmental/University level funding.

Did you look at grants/scholarships that you could receive from organizations in India? Although I suppose most deadlines have already passed.
Hey Pooja,

I guess it depends on where exactly one is living in Beeston. One of my future house mates is also studying at Jubilee Campus and told me that it's 20 minutes max from our house. (10 min walking to hopper bus station and then around 5-7 minutes).

That's totally ok for me - needed 45 minutes at my former university. And I heard that Beeston is one of the most popular student areas - therefore, I guess I don't have to be afraid of sitting around bored in my room every evening. :wink:

Hey! I still haven't decided on where I'd want to stay. But considering Opal1 since it's very close to the Jubilee Campus. Hence I wouldn't be late for my classes :smile:
Looking forward to meeting you in September. Thank you so much for the information. :smile:
Where are all the arts students?!
Reply 79
hi my name is vinith ...planning to do m.sc advanced computer science ...yet to book accommodation....nice to meet u all..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending