The Student Room Group

OCR Physics B G495 Field and Particle Pictures June 21st 2011 Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChicharitoH
I can just imagine someone literally shouting that in the exam :biggrin:

Haha yeah, then the invigilator comes up and rips the paper in your face XD
Also will anyone be able to get a copy of the exam paper ?? Would be good to have a butchers at it
Original post by geekchic17
oww, what were they for jan11? Around 80?

a -74
b- 66
c- 59
d- 52
e- 45
Original post by Summerdays
Yeah, that question was a bit stupid. No explanation found in the book :mad:

OCR B for you!
I found this paper quite nice, except the last couple of section C questions:frown:
Original post by stuffedfigs
a -74
b- 66
c- 59
d- 52
e- 45

oh really?! ive been basing my revision at a 75 A anyway, so thats not too bad then .. still won't have got an A but still! :smile:
Reply 866
Flux Density = 0.7 T
I got 1.7x10^-4wb =/
Diameter was 1.8x10^-2 => Radius = 0.9x10^-2
Area= pi x radius^2

Flux= 0.7 x Area = 1.7x10^-4Wb
If I'm wrong oh well, I think I've done okay overall.

Dang, I can't remember what I did. I have a feeling that I might've missed out on the fact that it said diameter though...FRIIIIICK-- ><
Original post by Geekchic17
oh really?! ive been basing my revision at a 75 A anyway, so thats not too bad then .. still won't have got an A but still! :smile:

Well lets all hope we do well, only my uni place is riding on this XD
Reply 868

And mine :tongue: I'm not gunning for an A*, but I'll be *damned* if I don't get an A and it's because I've missed out by a few UMS. ><
Reply 869
ahhhh **** noticed it said diameter! but used pi x diameter^2 instead of radius. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply 870
does that mean we'll get ecf on the emf one? oh no :frown:
Reply 871
to be honest i think these papers go better than everyone seems to think after the exam, the one last year i thought went alright, not great, got a casual 150 UMS ... i was like wtf?

same here haha!
Original post by Birkatron
ahhhh **** noticed it said diameter! but used pi x diameter^2 instead of radius. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHH. Well, hopefully there's a mark for calculating B x whatever haha
Reply 874
just had a look at the paper again
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
just gonna kiss goodbye to my place at uni
Original post by luuucyx
just had a look at the paper again
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
just gonna kiss goodbye to my place at uni

It was okay UNTIL the last section of section C. Le sigh, I need an A overall in this course. Do you have the paper, and can you upload it?
apparently there was a mistake on the paper it says on bbc news. do you think thall lower the grade boundaries....?
Reply 877
Original post by emcdonald10
apparently there was a mistake on the paper it says on bbc news. do you think thall lower the grade boundaries....?

That was on the other specification (OCR A) so won't affect us
Original post by emcdonald10

That was OCR Physics A I believe, not B which we do.
Original post by Revolution is my Name
Always 480/600 for an A, but the raw marks needed to get that UMS is variable.
What do people think for grade boundaries for this? Maybe similar to last year? 75 for an A, 67 for a B? (so 83 for 90%)

Hi sorry I'm so confused about UMS... 600 overall, 480 for an A
What are the UMS total marks for each exam? All I know is coursework is 60UMS.. What are field and particle pictures and rise and falls'?????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending