The Student Room Group

OCR Physics B G495 Field and Particle Pictures June 21st 2011 Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by thestudent55555
Hi sorry I'm so confused about UMS... 600 overall, 480 for an A
What are the UMS total marks for each exam? All I know is coursework is 60UMS.. What are field and particle pictures and rise and falls'?????

coursework is 60, field is 150, rise and fall is 90.
Reply 881

What are the UMS total marks for each exam? All I know is coursework is 60UMS.. What are field and particle pictures and rise and falls'?????

I seem to remember it being 150 UMS for this exam, and 90 UMS for clockwork universe, and obviously the other 300 from AS. Not sure about the numbers for this year though, and I haven't found anywhere on OCR's website where it actually says O.o
Reply 882

AS:

Physics in Action 90
Understanding Processes 150
Coursework 60

A2

Rise and fall 90
Field and Particles 150
Coursework 60

Total: 600
although people are saying the mistake wasn't in OCR b, what did people get for the question where you had to prove the force was almost 1 micronewton, which is 1x10^-6, with F=kx, cus i kept on getting 1 point something x10^-5 instead, i've probably been an idiot and missed out something however...
Reply 884
Original post by rggregrgr
What did people get for the section C question about the energy between the kryptonite (?) waves or something. I used E=hc/lambda but it was worth 3 marks so not sure if that was enough!

Im pretty sure you had to work out the difference in energy levels, that being the lower one, which was why it was 3 marks. Just using hc/lambda is not a 3 mark question.
Reply 885
Original post by Summerdays
It was okay UNTIL the last section of section C. Le sigh, I need an A overall in this course. Do you have the paper, and can you upload it?

dont get my started it was all terrible
yeh the papers on www.megaupload.com/?d=GO69Z840 i believe

Original post by TobeTheHero
exactly my thoughts! how can you have 219.7 turns!:s-smilie::s-smilie::frown: i did a question on Transformers in the revision book and it asked me simialr question and i got exactly whole number:s-smilie:

yes! i did the calculation the other way and got a whole number of like 50300 or whatever it was you put earlier and i was torn whether to put that or the fraction...
i just emailed them complaining ill PM you it
Original post by luuucyx

yes! i did the calculation the other way and got a whole number of like 50300 or whatever it was you put earlier and i was torn whether to put that or the fraction...

Thanks!
Reply 887
thats the OCR A paper...
Original post by luuucyx

Yeah guys, you're on the wrong thead, this is G495 Advancing Physics B ^^
Reply 889
how many marks do you think the diameter thing will cost me? :frown:
Reply 890
Original post by R0BMAN
Im pretty sure you had to work out the difference in energy levels, that being the lower one, which was why it was 3 marks. Just using hc/lambda is not a 3 mark question.

That's why I found it weird it would be worth 3 marks. :confused:

What was the correct method?
Original post by Birkatron
how many marks do you think the diameter thing will cost me? :frown:

I think maybe 3 or 4, it had to be used in the next question too didn't it?
Reply 892
Original post by stuffedfigs
I think maybe 3 or 4, it had to be used in the next question too didn't it?

bugger!! incredibly sneaky cant believe i spotted it and used diameter instead of radius. :angry:
Reply 893
Original post by stuffedfigs
Yeah guys, you're on the wrong thead, this is G495 Advancing Physics B ^^

hahahahaaa omg im so sorry! sorry everyooone
Reply 894
So does anyone actually have today's OCR Physics B paper ?
Reply 895
Original post by ChicharitoH
Somehow I managed to get 8 x 10^9 but a lot of people seem to have got 9 so I think I may have really stupidly rounded wrong.

I got that.
Original post by Birkatron
bugger!! incredibly sneaky cant believe i spotted it and used diameter instead of radius. :angry:

Surely ecf. SURELY!
Original post by R0BMAN

Wasn't it the one with the highest frequency?
Reply 898
That megaupload thing doesn't work for me - can any post a link to today's Physics B paper? Thanks.
Reply 899

Surely ecf. SURELY!

I'd be damned if they don't give you ECF marks. Forgetting to use the radius will probably lose you a max of 2 marks...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending