The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marille
Sounds like it'll be really helpful! : ) It's tomorrow, right? I hope it goes well.

Yep, tomorrow :yes: Thanks, I hope so too. He's been really nice so far and doesn't seem to think I'm crazy, which is really nice. I just hope I can be coherent about it all. It brings up horrible memories of Oxford and in any case, I don't really remember much about my first or third year :s-smilie:
Original post by dreiviergrenadier
Yup :smile: I'm sure I've mentioned it in this thread somewhere before...

You probably have but I have a goldfish memory :frown:
Reply 4742
We have no mutual friends :frown: I'm also really miffed, I found your name before realising you'd posted it on TSR :facepalm:

Ah, I must be easier to find than I thought I was! I clearly give away too much about myself on here!
Reply 4743
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yep, tomorrow :yes: Thanks, I hope so too. He's been really nice so far and doesn't seem to think I'm crazy, which is really nice. I just hope I can be coherent about it all. It brings up horrible memories of Oxford and in any case, I don't really remember much about my first or third year :s-smilie:

Sorry it's so difficult ... you'll be in safe hands, I'm sure. : )

I'll be praying!

EDIT:

Original post by d123
Ah, I must be easier to find than I thought I was! I clearly give away too much about myself on here!

Either that or dreiviergrenadier is a little too accomplished a stalker. :K:

:p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by marille

I'll be praying!

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I think I'm in safe hands too, though we've got the NHS trust's hospital chaplains as a back up if this doesn't work out.

EDIT:

:yep: :ninja: :yep:
Reply 4745
Original post by marille

I'll be praying!

EDIT:

I think that might be it. Just a shame I can't return the favour and stalk him back.
:yep: :ninja: :yep:

Original post by marille

I wouldn't say such things, I could easily know where you live...

Original post by d123
I think that might be it. Just a shame I can't return the favour and stalk him back.

Apparently you were once 'expertly manhandled' on a school trip :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4747
I wouldn't say such things, I could easily know where you live...

Apparently you were once 'expertly manhandled' on a school trip :wink:

Well, I'm suitably terrified. : D
Original post by d123
I'm jealous of people whose names mean cool things. Mine means bee, which is incredibly uninventive.

I love the meaning of my name tbh
Original post by + polarity -

I love the meaning of my name tbh

What does it mean? :ninja:
Original post by Facticity

Spoiler

:innocent:
Reply 4751

:innocent:

That's nice.

I've decided to ignore the 'bee' meaning of my name in favour of looking at famous examples of women called Deborah/Debbie. Firstly, Deborah in the book of Judges, which I think is where my parents chose the name from, and secondly, Debbie Harry from Blondie. Both incredible examples of strong, amazing women.
My name means ewe (female sheep) :frown:
:hmmm: I never get Facebook stalked
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4754

Hi.

From some of your posts that I've read, you display an amazing amount of logic and reason. You seem to know what you're talking about. There's been a few questions on my mind and I'm wondering whether a clever/intelligent person can help to provide some possible answers.

Firstly, why do you believe God exists? And why do you believe Christianity is the correct religion?

As you probably already know, Jesus declared Himself as the Son of God but is also God at the same time. Throughout the Bible, from the Old Testament to the New Testament, there have been numerous dialogues between Jesus and God the Father. That shows that Jesus and God the Father are distinct from each other (they have their seperate and individual minds/character). Yet at the same time, they are both one God together. How is that possible? I'm not trying to suggest that there are 2 Gods but how is it possible for 2 seperate identities to be spiritually one God together?

I've not made references to the Bible to back up each point I've made (e.g. Christ is the Son of God and God at the same time) as I've assumed you already know all these things.

Jesus Christ also said that He didn't know when His second coming/Judgement day would be (Mark 13:32). Only the Father knew when it would be. Now, how is that possible when Jesus is also supposed to be God? If Jesus and the Father are one, how come Jesus didn't know but only the Father knew?

So I'd appreciate it if you can answer my questions please. Thanks in advance.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by adamrules247

Sorry, but I don't stalk right-wing people :no:

:console: Don't feel bad. We're in the same boat... Though, I'm not sure if I am as down about it as you :tongue:

Original post by d123
That's nice.

I've decided to ignore the 'bee' meaning of my name in favour of looking at famous examples of women called Deborah/Debbie. Firstly, Deborah in the book of Judges, which I think is where my parents chose the name from, and secondly, Debbie Harry from Blondie. Both incredible examples of strong, amazing women.

:girl:

hahahaha
:redface:
Original post by meatball893
Haha yep, the username is a bit of a give away :biggrin:

I'm Peter, if you didn't all know (I think it's on my profile; I'm not accuaing you of stalking me :tongue: ...). I know I don't post very much, but I like to think I'm still part of the soc :biggrin:

We have 4 mutual friends :biggrin:
My name means born on christmas day. I was born in August :lol:

We have a mutual friend :biggrin:

Original post by marille

Oh dear, this is the problem with having unusual name.

I did need to find out you were at Oxford before I found you:biggrin:

Original post by d123
I'm tempted to facebook stalk everyone now

It's fun - but you do need a small but certain amount of facts. You are quite easy though :smile:

[QUOTE=marille;32354143

:yep:

Adam from Sleaford isn't that much to go by...

Latest

Trending

Trending