The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EternalDoom
Need that new BMAT book that comes out on 1st July, the official one doesnt have enough questions for decent preparation, and i'm almost done with the past papers :/

It's the critical thinking ones i need most practice with, might go look up past papers of those on OCR site

You've almost finished the past papers? It's only June!
Original post by italienmoose

Exactly haha, I'm leaving mine for October...
Reply 4702
Original post by Nator
Kool :biggrin: Oh right I see what you mean, and yeah I agree with the maths, and probably decision analysis because it just looks awful :laugh: But I haven't even started practicing properly yet, will start next week :smile: How long you practiced for at the moment?

Ah fair enough, I've had to start because mine's so soon! But I doubt I will have done that much preparation because of other exams, rehearsing for a play, volunteering etc :P a few weeks probably, but I haven't done loads
Original post by italienmoose

There's only a few: http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat/Test+Preparation

There isn't really much material to work with, that's why i plan on getting the 400BMAT book. It's better to start early than leave it too late, i feel like if i can ace the UKCAT and BMAT, and get as close as possible to full marks, it'll improve my chance of getting into a med uni by a hell of a lot....
Original post by superman no am i
Have you done the 2007 paper?

No, where do i find it?
Original post by Nator
Kool :biggrin: Oh right I see what you mean, and yeah I agree with the maths, and probably decision analysis because it just looks awful :laugh: But I haven't even started practicing properly yet, will start next week :smile: How long you practiced for at the moment?

Am I the only one who LOVES decision analysis?? Haha and the maths one (except timing) It's just Abstract Reasoning I can't seem to crack :frown:
Reply 4706
Original post by rhetoric
Ah fair enough, I've had to start because mine's so soon! But I doubt I will have done that much preparation because of other exams, rehearsing for a play, volunteering etc :P a few weeks probably, but I haven't done loads

Oh right I see, I understand that :tongue: And yeah fair enough :smile: What average score you looking for? :smile: And ok then, you using the 600Q book?
Reply 4707
Original post by MrsNorthman
Am I the only one who LOVES decision analysis?? Haha and the maths one (except timing) It's just Abstract Reasoning I can't seem to crack :frown:

I hate it! :frown: I had a look at 1 question and attempted the questions and got like 2/7 :frown: Does reading it in more depth help? Also do you use the 600Q book? And yeah that is hard too, but I find it easier than Decision Analysis :smile:
Reply 4708
Original post by Nator
Oh right I see, I understand that :tongue: And yeah fair enough :smile: What average score you looking for? :smile: And ok then, you using the 600Q book?

I'm hoping for 700+, you? yeah I am :smile:

Brave.
Reply 4710

Good stuff, same here :smile: And kool :biggrin:
Original post by Nator
I hate it! :frown: I had a look at 1 question and attempted the questions and got like 2/7 :frown: Does reading it in more depth help? Also do you use the 600Q book? And yeah that is hard too, but I find it easier than Decision Analysis :smile:

It just makes sense to me.. must of been all that speaking in code when I was little :L Yeah I have that book which is good practice but can't force myself to stick to the timings. :s-smilie:
Reply 4712
It just makes sense to me.. must of been all that speaking in code when I was little :L Yeah I have that book which is good practice but can't force myself to stick to the timings. :s-smilie:

Haha maybe :tongue: And when you go through the questions now do you do it by taking your time, or in the normal exam time?
Original post by Nator
Haha maybe :tongue: And when you go through the questions now do you do it by taking your time, or in the normal exam time?

At the moment I'm just taking my time. But when I do the mock bit I'll do the proper timing hopefully. That's the most annoying thing about QR and VR :/
Reply 4714
At the moment I'm just taking my time. But when I do the mock bit I'll do the proper timing hopefully. That's the most annoying thing about QR and VR :/

So true :redface:
Reply 4715
Original post by Nator
Good stuff, same here :smile: And kool :biggrin:

Cool :smile: It seems to be the most popular book anyway, so many people I know have it :P I'm hoping to do well because it should really help my St. Andrews application if I do :smile:
Reply 4716
Cool :smile: It seems to be the most popular book anyway, so many people I know have it :P I'm hoping to do well because it should really help my St. Andrews application if I do :smile:

Yeah that's right :biggrin: And yeah would help for sure :smile: How long do you have left to prepare before your exam?
Reply 4717
Original post by Nator
Yeah that's right :biggrin: And yeah would help for sure :smile: How long do you have left to prepare before your exam?

It's two weeks today- do you think that's long enough to prepare?
Reply 4718
It's two weeks today- do you think that's long enough to prepare?

Sure it should be fine, how much preparation have you done yet?
Reply 4719
Original post by Nator
Sure it should be fine, how much preparation have you done yet?

A bit over half of the book :smile: if I get timings sorted out I should be alright I think :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending