The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
how is the release of fsh controlled by negative feedback?

i hate this topic sooo much
Do we have to know about treatment of severe combined immunodeficiency using gene therapy....page 265 NT. Thanks.
Reply 2182
Original post by nbajaj1
how is the release of fsh controlled by negative feedback?

i hate this topic sooo much

Follicles secret oestrogen which inhibits FSH - this is negative feedback.
Original post by goodboy4444
Do we have to know about treatment of severe combined immunodeficiency using gene therapy....page 265 NT. Thanks.

Not really, its more of an application sort of thing. It came up on last years paper, and they gave you info on it. But its better to learn it incase it can help you get marks on an essay.
Reply 2184
Original post by Jin3011
What was your Overall ums for AS and for unit 4?
What do you think you will get on unit 6?

Thats the problem, Im not sure haha.

Could you work it out off the lowest possible UMS scores for those grades I mentioned? Like just the UMS mark for an A at AS, and a B in BIOL6? Like a worst case scenario sort of thing
Reply 2185
Ok having a mindblock right now - what moves across plasma membranes? list as many as you can.
Reply 2186
but then it also says that oestrogen and FSH have as posive feedback relationship aswell?
does it do both?
I badly hope the synoptic will be about CO2. :biggrin:
Reply 2188
Original post by NRican
Ok having a mindblock right now - what moves across plasma membranes? list as many as you can.

every ion (exc. H+) + glucose + water
Reply 2189
oestrogen, water....can get through easily. Amino acids?
Original post by nbajaj1
but then it also says that oestrogen and FSH have as posive feedback relationship aswell?
does it do both?

At high concentrations oestrogen has positive feedback on FSH and LH whereas on low concentrations it is inhibitory.
Reply 2191
Original post by Stratos

me too!!
Original post by Stratos

Wasn't it about co2 last yr?
I raped that essay in the mock though:biggrin:
Original post by Stratos

CO2 showed up in the essay in the june 2010 paper, so not likely. But I'd love that as well.
Original post by Stratos

After last year? I wish :/ I'm hoping it's not one heavily dependent on unit 1. Membranes for example :frown:

Strange seeing you here, I honestly thought you were older!
Original post by Stratos

Lol good luck with that since it came up in june 2010.
Reply 2196
Original post by Flux_Pav
every ion (exc. H+) + glucose + water

Thx examples on what topics we've encountered them? As and A2 , srs fail right now
Reply 2197
Original post by diskohuelga
CO2 showed up in the essay in the june 2010 paper, so not likely. But I'd love that as well.

I know yeah, it makes me sad, haha. I really don't want it to be on polymers but the majority of my friends do?! I'd be ok with the impact of bacteria on humans.. I guess :frown:
Anyone doing an all nighter?
Original post by Jin3011
Anyone doing an all nighter?

i seriously recommend to atleast get atleast 2 hours, becuase you will be able to answer the applied questions more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest