The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4720
Original post by rhetoric
A bit over half of the book :smile: if I get timings sorted out I should be alright I think :smile:

Good stuff :biggrin: How long did it take to do half the book?
Hey everyone, might as well join this thread! Didn't get in this year, had two interviews and four rejections!
Interviews were at HYMS and Manchester, also applied to keele and leeds.
Hoping to get in 2012, if not it's a 5th choice of something related! haha :smile:
Reply 4722
Original post by Nator
Good stuff :biggrin: How long did it take to do half the book?

I'm not entirely sure, perhaps a few hours? But spread over about a week maybe :smile:
Original post by Luke0011
Hey everyone, might as well join this thread! Didn't get in this year, had two interviews and four rejections!
Interviews were at HYMS and Manchester, also applied to keele and leeds.
Hoping to get in 2012, if not it's a 5th choice of something related! haha :smile:

Unlucky! :frown: I'm looking at leeds. What was your application like, and your feedback??
Original post by MrsNorthman
Unlucky! :frown: I'm looking at leeds. What was your application like, and your feedback??

My application was pretty strong..
A*'s, A's and B's at GCSE, not the best but yeah
A*A*A* predictions
4 separate work experience placements
6 months volunteering..
Played rugby for 5 years.

Just wasn't what they were looking for I guess!
The feedback was okay, more helpful than others, but not in as much detail as I would have hoped!
Original post by EternalDoom
There's only a few: http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat/Test+Preparation

There isn't really much material to work with, that's why i plan on getting the 400BMAT book. It's better to start early than leave it too late, i feel like if i can ace the UKCAT and BMAT, and get as close as possible to full marks, it'll improve my chance of getting into a med uni by a hell of a lot....

Generally for BMAT if you get 50%+ in all sections you'll meet the cutoffs. Where are you wanting to apply?
Cool :smile: It seems to be the most popular book anyway, so many people I know have it :P I'm hoping to do well because it should really help my St. Andrews application if I do :smile:

St. Andrews! *high-five* They were so nice and friendly in interview :^_^:
Reply 4727
I'm not entirely sure, perhaps a few hours? But spread over about a week maybe :smile:

Oh alright then, that's good :biggrin:
Original post by SarahTM
Ooh! :

'What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso!' :biggrin:

Or a more medically related one:

'That's actually pronounced analgesic not anal-gesic. Sir, the pills go in your mouth.'
:tongue:

haha I was watching that episode the other day :')

"Who got two thumbs up and still dosent give a crap? Bob Kelso thought we'd met!"

and...

"I haven't had my coffee yet so I'm finding it hard coming up with a more colorful way to say who gives a crap"

http://www.scrubsinsults.com/ <3
Original post by Luke0011
My application was pretty strong..
A*'s, A's and B's at GCSE, not the best but yeah
A*A*A* predictions
4 separate work experience placements
6 months volunteering..
Played rugby for 5 years.

Just wasn't what they were looking for I guess!
The feedback was okay, more helpful than others, but not in as much detail as I would have hoped!

ukcat what was your UKCAT>?!?>!>>p=jiwpksd
Original post by ChessMister
ukcat what was your UKCAT>?!?>!>>p=jiwpksd

My UKCAT was 662.5
I've finally booked my UKCAT :colone:

what would everyone recommend as the worst AS grades i could get before i should think about cancelling it and just gap year without applying. (Be Honest:redface:)
what are people doing about that 5th choice

lots have doctors have told me that my original idea of biomed is useless and i would be better to take a year out but i dont want to leave that option empty, obviously my personal styatement is going to be geared for medicine so i dont really know what to do? ...:confused:
Original post by EbonyJane
I've finally booked my UKCAT :colone:

what would everyone recommend as the worst AS grades i could get before i should think about cancelling it and just gap year without applying. (Be Honest:redface:)

i went to manchester open day on friday and they say that they dont mind what you get in your AS's the only thing is that your AS's count towards your A-levels so as long as you think you can pull the grades up its worth trying :smile:
Reply 4734
Original post by atlashands

lots have doctors have told me that my original idea of biomed is useless and i would be better to take a year out but i dont want to leave that option empty, obviously my personal styatement is going to be geared for medicine so i dont really know what to do? ...:confused:

I'm deciding between psychology, natural science and biomedical science, although I do very much hope I get into medicine.

I personally think it's preferable to include a 5th choice *just in case* you're not able to take a gap year and reapply for whatever reasons should you not get into medical school the first time round. Regarding the personal statement, you can always email the admissions asking whether they accept a personal statement geared towards medicine. I did that myself and found that some accept it, some don't, and some even want an alternate statement sent in.
Reply 4735
Original post by Quackers93
St. Andrews! *high-five* They were so nice and friendly in interview :^_^:

Cool, yeah I've been told they're nice- what sort of questions did you get asked? :smile:

Original post by Nator
Oh alright then, that's good :biggrin:

I hope it'll be enough by the time I do it anyway :smile:
Reply 4736
What would you do if you got 4 rejections and were a re applicant from this year?
Original post by italienmoose
Generally for BMAT if you get 50%+ in all sections you'll meet the cutoffs. Where are you wanting to apply?

I'm thinking: Cambridge, King's, Queen Mary's, UCL, and Imperial. Planning on going to all the open days... :redface:
Original post by atlashands

I'm planning on putting either chemistry or psychology for my 5th :smile:
Original post by MrsNorthman
Am I the only one who LOVES decision analysis?? Haha and the maths one (except timing) It's just Abstract Reasoning I can't seem to crack :frown:

I'm the same lol, it's mainly abstract reasoning i need to become faster on, spotting the relationship between the two sets of shapes is hard sometimes

Latest

Trending

Trending