The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by lozzyhickers

I found it badly worded too, but hopefully I interpreted it correctly. I'm sure it was the same question really. I'm sure you'll get the A. Compared to previous Unit 3's that didn't seem to bad. The questions could have been way worse, even though it was badly worded.

What do you think the boundaries will be like? High? Low?

Yeah, they definitely made it a challenge. And thank you =P What grade are you aiming for/do you need?

I'm gonna guess 40-41/60 for an A, 45/60 for an A*... Based on the past few years, anyways. It wouldn't go above a 42/60 for an A (well, I really REALLY doubt it would)
Original post by El_Sid
Yeah, they definitely made it a challenge. And thank you =P What grade are you aiming for/do you need?

I'm gonna guess 40-41/60 for an A, 45/60 for an A*... Based on the past few years, anyways. It wouldn't go above a 42/60 for an A (well, I really REALLY doubt it would)

I'm aiming for at least ABB, but I only need 300 points. I'm pretty much certian i've got an A in Media, as I went into the exam with a high C, meaning I only needed about 25/100 to get an A :smile:
What do you need/aiming to get?

I think you could be right there. At least I hope you are lol
Reply 302
As we can talk about Unit 3-

Did you think there was a mistake with one f the questions in Criminal? Either that or it was just poorly ordered. I can't rememebr the exact wording but it was on media violence, and there were two small questions, basically reworded. That seemed to be the only difference.

Ahh, I felt the same. I missed out that question, cus I totally blanked out thinking what the hell is this question asking me?! Do you think it was wrong?
Original post by Nadima
Ahh, I felt the same. I missed out that question, cus I totally blanked out thinking what the hell is this question asking me?! Do you think it was wrong?

I'm pretty sure it was, but it could have just been me lol. I left quite a few questions, and then went back to them.

Even if i'm wrong, it's not the end of the world,what was it, like 3 or 4 marks? Not much at all.
Reply 304
I'm pretty sure it was, but it could have just been me lol. I left quite a few questions, and then went back to them.

Even if i'm wrong, it's not the end of the world,what was it, like 3 or 4 marks? Not much at all.

Yup, just 3 marks. Don't think it'll affect my grade cus I think I got an A anyway cus the paper went well :smile:
Hope it went well for you too :smile:
Original post by Nadima
Yup, just 3 marks. Don't think it'll affect my grade cus I think I got an A anyway cus the paper went well :smile:
Hope it went well for you too :smile:

Nah you should be fine :smile:
It went pretty well thank you, I think I could have got an A.
Only 2 more hours guys, then you can spill!!!
Reply 307
Only 2 more hours guys, then you can spill!!!

Wit woooo...I got A LOT to spill about this paper!
Original post by Nadima
Wit woooo...I got A LOT to spill about this paper!

Hehe, I could guess! lol
Reply 309
sooo tired!
Original post by dorkish
sooo tired!

Ditto! You can spill it all now!
Reply 311
score!! :smile: So... How did you find it? I think it was definitely harder than unit 4 last year. I nearly died when i saw social approach questions cos Its been 3 years since i did that (took a year out of psychology). Ouch on ethnocentrism for a lot of my class. We didnt really do anything on it. But i revised it so i think it was ok. Anyone do question 9b? Whatcha put? I dont think i got anything wrong but i think ill lose marks when it comes to detail... Lol!
Overall... I found it ok, but i noticed a few people in my class actually crying after it. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dorkish
score!! :smile: So... How did you find it? I think it was definitely harder than unit 4 last year. I nearly died when i saw social approach questions cos Its been 3 years since i did that (took a year out of psychology). Ouch on ethnocentrism for a lot of my class. We didnt really do anything on it. But i revised it so i think it was ok. Anyone do question 9b? Whatcha put? I dont think i got anything wrong but i think ill lose marks when it comes to detail... Lol!
Overall... I found it ok, but i noticed a few people in my class actually crying after it. :s-smilie:

I think it was harder than last year too! I quite liked the 2nd 18marker though!
I saw care in the community and honestly thought i'd failed! Owch to having to write a job description, and ethnocentrism!?! I could describe it fine, but I lacked points when it came to writing about the issues with it.

9b I went into detail about token economy and maybe how you could choose a better behaved resident to act as a 'model' to the others, gave the ethical and practical considerations of each blah de blah you know? It could have been worse though I suppose. I'm just hoping for low boundaries!!!
Reply 313
Original post by dorkish

Original post by dorkish

Definitely harder than last year, yes. My class wasn't taught the whole Family Therapy/Care in the Community part... I nearly had a panic attack when I saw that as the very first question and then the next two following it. But otherwise... I think I got about in the 50's out of 90... so hopefully just barely an A.
Original post by El_Sid
Definitely harder than last year, yes. My class wasn't taught the whole Family Therapy/Care in the Community part... I nearly had a panic attack when I saw that as the very first question and then the next two following it. But otherwise... I think I got about in the 50's out of 90... so hopefully just barely an A.

I as taught it but only just! Not enough to get a good mark in those questions anyway, I had to guess a lot of it.

If last years boundaries are anything to go by, then you've definetly got an A. :smile:
Reply 315
I think it was harder than last year too! I quite liked the 2nd 18marker though!
I saw care in the community and honestly thought i'd failed! Owch to having to write a job description, and ethnocentrism!?! I could describe it fine, but I lacked points when it came to writing about the issues with it.

9b I went into detail about token economy and maybe how you could choose a better behaved resident to act as a 'model' to the others, gave the ethical and practical considerations of each blah de blah you know? It could have been worse though I suppose. I'm just hoping for low boundaries!!!

same with the ethnocentrism! Same with 9b. I also put in stuff about drugs and aversion therapy! Lol. Yeah... Wtf with the job description? Was not expecting that! I had no idea! I just rambled about being competent, communication skills, friendly, patient, needing transport. Lmfao.
Original post by dorkish
same with the ethnocentrism! Same with 9b. I also put in stuff about drugs and aversion therapy! Lol. Yeah... Wtf with the job description? Was not expecting that! I had no idea! I just rambled about being competent, communication skills, friendly, patient, needing transport. Lmfao.

Ah I hadn't thought of that! Nice!

I don't think anyone expected the job description, I don't know about you, but I was never taught the role of the worker.It wasn't in the textbook either. I hadn't thought of transport, I put pretty much everything else that you did though, so hopefully i'll be ok. :tongue:
Reply 317
Does anyone remember what the questions for Issues and Debates were and how many marks each question was? I just wanna work out how many marks I roughly got for that section..would really appreciate it!
Original post by Nadima
Does anyone remember what the questions for Issues and Debates were and how many marks each question was? I just wanna work out how many marks I roughly got for that section..would really appreciate it!

I'm afraid that I have a memory like a sieve, sorry! I'm off to bed, night all! I shall be on here tomorrow if you want to discuss more!
Reply 319

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending