The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wizard710
When did you get made a supermod, congrats :smile:

Just over a month ago :smile: Thanks! :u:
Original post by Mad Vlad

I have this monitor. It's very good quality for the price. :yep:

:holmes: Wish I could justify it, plus I don't know it would work with my computer.

Also,

:afraid:
Reply 9262
Original post by secretmessages
:holmes: Wish I could justify it, plus I don't know it would work with my computer.

Also,

:afraid:

1. My brother uses that monitor as his middle one of three, It's Beautiful and well worth it!.

2. I love google's latest doodles :biggrin:
Reply 9263
Puzzled as to why my review was neg-repped (I notice spikey's review as also neg-repped). :/
Original post by Tathrim
Puzzled as to why my review was neg-repped (I notice spikey's review as also neg-repped). :/

It was some troll... man goh (without out the space) if you want to seek revenge. :pierre:
Reply 9265
Nah, if there's no criticism besides a neg, I'll not change anything :biggrin:
Him? Oh dear.

He randomly negs everyone. I think it's less because of your review and more because of his urge to neg.
I got pos repped by man goh... :s-smilie:

I got pos repped by man goh... :s-smilie:

You're one of the chosen few. Expect a place in his signature before too long. I was negged by him a few days ago.
Reply 9270

I loved that article. I've always wondered why they allowed their quality of service to remain so poor and limited compared to Europe.
Makes me glad to be where we are honestly.

Of course, all this is only true if you live in an area with LLU. If you're connected to a minor exchange you can say goodbye to all that nice stuff like unlimited bandwidth and low prices.
See http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=32483769#post32483769 - the bit about caps rings completely true for me.
Hey guys,

What do you think:

Stick with Be* for my ISP. I get around 10 - 15 Mb down (Up to 24Mb service, unlimited). £18/month. If I resign another 12m contract I get 3 months free.
Go for BT Infinity for £25/month, get around 30Mb service, unlimited. 18m contract.

I've had no problems at all with Be, I like the router (awesome for port forwarding!) and I don't really torrent much (and if I do it's once a week for the odd TV show), game a fair bit, YouTube / iPlayer etc...
Reply 9273
Original post by mikeyd85
Hey guys,

What do you think:

Stick with Be* for my ISP. I get around 10 - 15 Mb down (Up to 24Mb service, unlimited). £18/month. If I resign another 12m contract I get 3 months free.
Go for BT Infinity for £25/month, get around 30Mb service, unlimited. 18m contract.

I've had no problems at all with Be, I like the router (awesome for port forwarding!) and I don't really torrent much (and if I do it's once a week for the odd TV show), game a fair bit, YouTube / iPlayer etc...

if your not having any problems and the speeds are consistent, stick with them, unless BT can guarantee that you will get a higher speed (Highly unlikely).
Original post by Kenny_uk
if your not having any problems and the speeds are consistent, stick with them, unless BT can guarantee that you will get a higher speed (Highly unlikely).

BT say it will def be faster, and very likely around 30Mb... Hmmmm....
Reply 9275
BT say it will def be faster, and very likely around 30Mb... Hmmmm....

Will they give you a written guarantee? I've been with BT when they've said that, and it's turned out to be a load of crap
Will they give you a written guarantee?

Lol - not a chance I'd have thought!
Reply 9277
Lol - not a chance I'd have thought!

Exactly lol. they'll say anything to get new customers, it's classic sales.
Exactly lol. they'll say anything to get new customers, it's classic sales.

True. But I'd have thought that with fibre optics, they'd have a fairly legitimate claim over normal phone line based services...
Reply 9279
True. But I'd have thought that with fibre optics, they'd have a fairly legitimate claim over normal phone line based services...

Didn't realise you were taking their fibre package, I thought you meant the normal service :P, BT still does phone line & Fibre don't they?

Latest

Trending

Trending