The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

i did 8/100 then timesed it by 2 , then took it from 100 to be honest i had no idea what to do on that one so i just played around with the numbers
Reply 2381
Yeah I got 80 0 0 and 5:1
Reply 2382
How did everyone find it?

I didn't think it was too bad but some questions had me stumped. Still think I did okay though.
Reply 2383
action potentials ? glucose? muscle contraction? worst exam ever, it was a sthough they couldnt be arsed so just through any questions they could think of, terrible imo
Reply 2384
why did they need to count the dna fragments to ensure it had been fully digested?
Reply 2385
Original post by my_username_rocks
will i still be able to get a good essay mark with 3 well described points on the cycle one?? ran out of time but don't wanna kid myself here guys, don't think the examiner is gonna be best pleased ahhahahaha. pupa one was weird, for the reason there was a descrease in RNA did people write that there was a less transcription of the genes coding for proteins in pupa tissue as it was being broken down to release the amino acids to form adult tissue? and then for the increase in RNA did people just write that there was an increase in transcription of the genes coding for adult tissues??

Yeah thats basically what i said. I said RNA levels fell in the beginning half because tissues are being broke down, not made etc

And RNA levels were high towards the end because adult tissue was being made. ;D
Reply 2386
Original post by Dec S 92
I origanally had 84%, checking through it i realised is measured from half hour not and hour, i got 80 percent in the end, and 5:1

What question was this?
Reply 2387
Original post by Philhope
action potentials ? glucose? muscle contraction? worst exam ever, it was a sthough they couldnt be arsed so just through any questions they could think of, terrible imo

completely agree, im really disapointed.
Original post by arh929
what!?!! :eek:

yeah the first bold line i expected to be an hour, but it wasnt, i think the graph was 30 minute intervals, which was quite misleading.... could be wrong though
Original post by Philhope

I wanted all of them topics :frown:
Sliding filament theory ftw! :biggrin:
Reply 2390
I thought the 80% question was easy...

the hormones was at the level exactly 2, and the nervous stimulation was at exactly 8.

so they add up to 10... so 8 = 80% O.o

Unless i missed the point and got it wrong.
Reply 2391
i got 75%...
cuz the cyle ended at roughly 1hr 20 mins so thats 80mins... question asked for 1st hour so i did 60/80 *100
did anyone else get this? :s-smilie:
Reply 2392
For the essay i went for the cycles, not sure if its allowed to put what i stated in it, but i went for menstrual, photosynthesis, respiration, nitrogen, carbon, (life in general for intro) and coudlnt really think of anything else.

i got 5:1 or 1:0.2

and like 80%, 57%, 48%, but for the last 2 i was think overal this had made by the 2/3 hours mark, not how much was being made at the 2/3 hour mark

1st hour, nerve at 8, hormone 2, 8+2=10, 8/10 = 80, 2nd hour was like 8 to 6, 8+6=14 8/14 = 58 ish? 3rd hour 8+8.5 = 16.5, 8/16.5 = 48 ish?
Reply 2393
Original post by arh929
why did they need to count the dna fragments to ensure it had been fully digested?

I said add up all the fragments and if it comes to more than the total length of DNA then you know its only been partially digested rather than completely digested.
Original post by lou12
What question was this?

the question where you had to read of the graph the % of gastric juice that was stimulated by nervous and hormal control
Reply 2395
Original post by Dec S 92
yeah the first bold line i expected to be an hour, but it wasnt, i think the graph was 30 minute intervals, which was quite misleading.... could be wrong though

I thought that exam went pretty badly tbh :frown:
Reply 2396
Paper was horrible...no muscle..no action potential and the bit with the mapping was soo confusing. Its so ironic how i thought i was gna mess up the essay and do okay on the paper but it was the absoulute opposite :/ ahh i was so prepared for nerve impulses and musclesss!
They missed out so many topics! Might as well have not bothered learning them!! But the essay questions were lovely!! The DNA one wasn't really that synopitc haha.

Lysosomes though, random?
i didn't get 5:1, was gonna but that but i thought u wud need a few leaves for max growth so but 2.5:1 so that leaves and plantlets would be produced.. oo wellllll
Reply 2399
Original post by l4ith
I said add up all the fragments and if it comes to more than the total length of DNA then you know its only been partially digested rather than completely digested.

oh yeah...durrrrr! :frown: i panicked!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending