The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacke02
Is that AQA A unit 4? Its designed to be hard: its only like 60% for an A (well it was last year!)

No, it was Edexcel, can never look at Jelly the same way :frown:
Reply 1861
Original post by cpdavis
No, it was Edexcel, can never look at Jelly the same way :frown:

Ha well OCR apparently had a mistake in their Physics exam! And a question on jelly? I failed on the first question of the physics paper...
Original post by Zuzuzu
Abysmally. I actually think I've got 2 Us this week. Although one was general studies so that can get in the bin.

How do you think C4 went?
History was not good but I think that the other ones went ok. I just want to get this last one out of the way now. Curse me for doing 4 A-Levels!
Reply 1864
I have 4 exams in the next four days -
FP2, Music,
Chemistry Unit 5 and FP3.

Why was I an idiot who did 5 a levels.
WHY?

I WANT TO CRY :frown: - I dont even have time to last minute crash revise!
Someone please make me feel better.
Reply 1865
Original post by Doughnuts!!
How do you think C4 went?

A lot worse than all of the other past papers but ok. It took me about 15 minutes to realise how to form the snowball DE, but apart from that I didn't think it was too bad.

A lot of people at school have been saying how they found it atrocious, so the grade boundaries should be low anyway. The last 3 questions certainly threw a lot of people.
Original post by Zuzuzu
A lot worse than all of the other past papers but ok. It took me about 15 minutes to realise how to form the snowball DE, but apart from that I didn't think it was too bad.

A lot of people at school have been saying how they found it atrocious, so the grade boundaries should be low anyway. The last 3 questions certainly threw a lot of people.

You formed the snowball DE eqn properly?! I'm totally jealous.
Damn Cambridge Mathmo...

I'd been getting 100% on virtually every past paper, but I have a nasty feeling that C4 may have dashed my hopes of getting an A* in Maths (and getting into Cambridge... :bawling:).
Reply 1867
Original post by kpatb
I have 4 exams in the next four days -
FP2, Music,
Chemistry Unit 5 and FP3.

Why was I an idiot who did 5 a levels.
WHY?

I WANT TO CRY :frown: - I dont even have time to last minute crash revise!
Someone please make me feel better.

I do 5 alevels too! *hug* it'll be worth it! Because you can do it!! And that feeling after you finish will be AWESOME! :biggrin:
Is chem5 AQA? x
Reply 1868
Original post by Ajka
I do 5 alevels too! *hug* it'll be worth it! Because you can do it!! And that feeling after you finish will be AWESOME! :biggrin:
Is chem5 AQA? x

Yay! Your post made me feel better!
*hug*

No Edexcel.
All my exams are edexcel and 6 of my 8 exams are within 4 days of each other.

I keep telling myself: "Only 5 more days, only 5 more days"
But it feels like being in hell right now D:
Reply 1869
Original post by EffDee

Original post by EffDee
any English litters? Or Newnham go-ers?

English Lit at Jesus here :biggrin: hello!
Reply 1870
Original post by CathySarah

Original post by CathySarah
My best friend will be an English Girtonian! I'm (hopefully) going to be an English Jesuit :smile: is anybody else Jesus? (the potential joke value of the college is basically the reason I applied)

I'm hopefully English Jesuit tooo!!! Wow! You're like the first person I've found going to Jesus :P no-one I know is even going to Cambridge :O! And I argee, the name has so much potential doesnt it? When I got my offer I was like 'Jesus wants me!' :P Nice to meet you!
Reply 1871
Original post by mangotree93

Original post by mangotree93
kinda late joining this thread.. anybody for jesus? :smile:

Hey :smile: I'm for Jesus too, and I guess I was a bit later joining this than you! What course? I'm English, and have just been searching 'Jesus' and 'English' on here with a kinda panic when I realised I knew NO-ONE going to Cambridge at all this year!! Ahh! :P Anyway, hello!
Reply 1872
You formed the snowball DE eqn properly?! I'm totally jealous.
Damn Cambridge Mathmo...

I'd been getting 100% on virtually every past paper, but I have a nasty feeling that C4 may have dashed my hopes of getting an A* in Maths (and getting into Cambridge... :bawling:).

been ages, man! surviving exams? finished yet? i'll be done with college forever on friday, eagerly anticipating a return to skype :biggrin:
Original post by Kobie
been ages, man! surviving exams? finished yet? i'll be done with college forever on friday, eagerly anticipating a return to skype :biggrin:

Hey!

I've been surviving exams- just about- but I'm seriously worried that I might miss my offer. Got one last exam tomorrow so I'm going to focus on completely merking it (another piece of slang for you. :wink:).

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL EXAMS ARE OVER! I'm so jealous of the fact that you're going to Costa Rica while I'll be stuck in London!
Original post by Jacke02
Ha well OCR apparently had a mistake in their Physics exam! And a question on jelly? I failed on the first question of the physics paper...

Yeah they did, I didn't even notice :teehee: but the same distance was described as 0.05cm and then labelled at 0.05m, so some people might have picked the wrong one. Think I did, but when my answer was 100 times too big I fiddled it :colondollar: Oh dearrrrrrrrrr. Getting an A* is so hard, biology went OK today though :smile:!!

Good luck everyone see you next year fingers crossed!!
Reply 1875
Eeek, AQA seem intent on screwing me over this year!!! biology was not nice ;(
Reply 1876
Hey!

I've been surviving exams- just about- but I'm seriously worried that I might miss my offer. Got one last exam tomorrow so I'm going to focus on completely merking it (another piece of slang for you. :wink:).

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL EXAMS ARE OVER! I'm so jealous of the fact that you're going to Costa Rica while I'll be stuck in London!

snap, i'm totally relying on my eng language resit this friday to end up with an A*. or else i'm utterly screwed. don't stress, i simply can't imagine you missing your offer!

we've got the delicious infinitive 'to merk' already :ahee:. i merk, you merk, he/she/it merks. merked. merking. merketh thine examinationes, master charles!

hah, indeed. i'm actually getting very nervous about that too, as well as my eng paper. costa rica's a long way away. i'll be there for 7 weeks and i haven't even started packing...

you're coming to the london shindig on the 1st aren't you?
Original post by Kobie
snap, i'm totally relying on my eng language resit this friday to end up with an A*. or else i'm utterly screwed. don't stress, i simply can't imagine you missing your offer!

we've got the delicious infinitive 'to merk' already :ahee:. i merk, you merk, he/she/it merks. merked. merking. merketh thine examinationes, master charles!

hah, indeed. i'm actually getting very nervous about that too, as well as my eng paper. costa rica's a long way away. i'll be there for 7 weeks and i haven't even started packing...

you're coming to the london shindig on the 1st aren't you?

Fingers crossed that come October we'll be laughing at ourselves for panicking!

:rofl:
Methinks that I need to introduce you to some more London slang... :beard:

7 weeks? Wow. That's quite a long period of time!

Of course I'm coming! I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to laugh at you getting drunk very easily! :p:
Fingers crossed that come October we'll be laughing at ourselves for panicking!

:rofl:
Methinks that I need to introduce you to some more London slang... :beard:

7 weeks? Wow. That's quite a long period of time!

Of course I'm coming! I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to laugh at you getting drunk very easily! :p:

Hey you are going to st catharines aren't u? have you sent away your gcse and as certificates yet?
Original post by mrmayrhofen
Hey you are going to st catharines aren't u? have you sent away your gcse and as certificates yet?

I'm *hopefully* going to Catz, yes.

Haven't done any of that yet because the site says between April and August, so I'm just waiting until after Results Day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending