The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by cheekymon999
I wrote about probing, electropheresis and fingerprinting - cloning in vivo and in vitro (so PCR restriction endonucleases, reverse transcriptase, vectors etc.)

didnt pick anything up from AS stuff but i think i wrote plenty anyway :smile:

i wrote about this..

i missed electrophoresis then ran out of time so just put 'Please see plan'

my teacher was saying if we write about 3 things in considerable detail then we should be ok...
loved that exam I had so much stuff to write about that I ran out of paper YEAH. those questions on restriction mapping were a flop for me tho. Thank God they were only worth few marks = HALLELUJAH
I put pentose sugar.. surely this would be right?
Reply 2563
Original post by Libertiney
Love how everyone immediately goes "oh no how science works! I've failed and therefore my life is over forever!!"

Chill out people, it wasnt that HSWy and grade boundaries will be low I'm sure. Anyway even if you don't get into uni this year you life is not over.

May not be over but you will have to pay an extra £6000 a year!
Reply 2564
what did ppl get for IAA?
Exam was terrible :/ there were so many little topics which i had been over but not bothered about too much and concentrated on the big stuff like impulses nerves muscles etc. And what comes up? The frikkin one line worth of topic in revision guides!!! Damn AQA! :mad: im so worried and upset now and really demotivated for chem..what a waste of revision :/ i did cycles essay, i wrote about resp, PS, carbon and nitrogen cycle..i mentiomed about insulin and glucose but didnt know whether that was a cycle so wrote it briefly and now regret not writing more! Hope the cycles are enough though otherwise fail :frown: I couldnt think of anything to do with AS and so wrote a quick paragraph on water into plants. Didnt have time so mentioned transpiration and predator pray cycle in my plan, hopefully theyll mark that too...Also, i wrote about haemoglobin and how it associates and dissociates O2, will that count as cycle? And in the essay could we write CO2 rather than carbon dioxide? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2566
does IAA diffuse down the shoot???
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
YES :smile:

I had it in my plan but didn't have enough time to stick it down.

YEY ! :smile: - made me a very happy person!

i wrote loads about unit 5 cycles, was finding it hard to cram other units in
Original post by Funzo
if i dont get into uni this year my life may aswell be over

Why? You may have to pay higher tuition fees etc etc but so will thousands of others.
Not denying it's retarded but people will cope.
beautiful exam!
Reply 2570
I wrote about probing, electropheresis and fingerprinting - cloning in vivo and in vitro (so PCR restriction endonucleases, reverse transcriptase, vectors etc.)

didnt pick anything up from AS stuff but i think i wrote plenty anyway :smile:

O I did...
Gene therapy, fingerprinting, probes, electrophoresis + blot
Filled up all the pages. Could have written SO much more if I had more time.
Reply 2571
What did people put as their outside knowledge in the Cycle Essay??
Original post by danneh150
I put pentose sugar.. surely this would be right?

They may want you to specify, because both DNA and RNA have pentose sugars.
unofficial mark-scheme anyone? :smile:
Reply 2574
Original post by cws121
does IAA diffuse down the shoot???

think so, at least that's what i put
Original post by Zakir
i wrote about this..

i missed electrophoresis then ran out of time so just put 'Please see plan'

my teacher was saying if we write about 3 things in considerable detail then we should be ok...

Epic :smile: im really pleased with my essay actually! think i may have made up in the essay for all the marks i lost in the rest of the questions :L
Reply 2576
What did people write for the movement of IAA? That was weird...and another thing that was weird was the question that said: Why is transcriptional factors important? What a broad question, that could have anything for an answer but it was only 2 marks?

What did everyone put?
Reply 2577
Epic :smile: im really pleased with my essay actually! think i may have made up in the essay for all the marks i lost in the rest of the questions :L

yeh same here...

thing is, i ran out of time so couldn't talk about everything..

u can still gain credit from your plan...

so lets hope!
Reply 2578
Original post by FlyAway?
what did ppl get for IAA?

Oh yeah it was like by which process does IAA move to other cells of the plant or something? I put diffusion :\ the word process made me think it was a one word answer
Reply 2579
Original post by Rickesh
What did people write for the movement of IAA? That was weird...and another thing that was weird was the question that said: Why is transcriptional factors important? What a broad question, that could have anything for an answer but it was only 2 marks?

What did everyone put?

i put about how it stimulates transcription and also can bind to oestrogen to be expressed.. don't know if i'll get away with putting two things thoguh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending