The Student Room Group

why are white people ashamed of their race?

Scroll to see replies

White people are naturally evil
Black people are naturally criminals
Asians are naturally racist
Women are naturally inferior
Because the Guardianistas made them feel that they should be ashamed of who they are and poisoned them against themselves and their own people.

(edited 12 years ago)
Actually you keep talking about Arabs being backwards whilst the white Europeans were still practising slavery in the Arab continent Islam was spreading giving rights to slaves...freeing slaves such as the great bilal ra who was a black slave freed and given such a high position in Islam. The prophet himself said in his sermon no Arab is superior over a non Arab and no non Arab is superior over an Arab....equality of the races given 1400 years ago by the so called backward Islam!

And in the modern America....blacks were slaves a few hundred years ago...segregated...and then even till today face racism.
Reply 143
Original post by Peacekeeper
White people of course had to abolish it since they started it! Who else is going to stop it? They were the majority who persecuted the black people forced them to adopt English names and abandon their culture. Only when the blacks started rebelling were they forced to abolish it. I wouldnt put it as one if the whites greatest achievements as some keep mentioning!

sorry this is just bigotry the slave trade in africa was always part of african culture but if you are talking about outside forces enslaving africans it was started in the 7th century by muslims as they started to invade their neighbors. plus slavery has always been part of all cultures so technically it was an achievement to abolish it for the first time.
I'm proud we own the free world.
I'm not ashamed of my race, I'm just not proud of it either. It's just a race, that's all, I didn't choose it, and I'm not particularly bothered about it either way.
With the killings of Jews was atrocious it was in the past and we should learn from it but instead we see the very same Jews who faced such persecution at the hands the Nazi have become the oppressors...persecuting the palestinians who had given them shelter..killing their children....surely one would think if they experienced such atrocities themselves they wouldn't want anyone else to experience them either....yet we find the opposite.
Reply 147
Cause you people dont have caramelicious skin like me.
Reply 148
Original post by Peacekeeper
Actually you keep talking about Arabs being backwards whilst the white Europeans were still practising slavery in the Arab continent Islam was spreading giving rights to slaves...freeing slaves such as the great bilal ra who was a black slave freed and given such a high position in Islam. The prophet himself said in his sermon no Arab is superior over a non Arab and no non Arab is superior over an Arab....equality of the races given 1400 years ago by the so called backward Islam!

And in the modern America....blacks were slaves a few hundred years ago...segregated...and then even till today face racism.

this is just absurd arabs enslaved more africans than europeans and it was europeans who forced them to stop the trade, but chattel slavery still exists today in sudan. plus europeans purchased slaves from africans but arabs actually enslaved by sword killing whole villages and castrating male salves so they could not reproduce.

i am sick of jihadists always trying to ignore their crimes and pass blame. i see the game maybe naive westerners do not.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by pol pot noodles
Lol what? 90 million? What have you been smoking?

lol...looks like he's been smokin weed
Reply 150
Original post by SMEGGGY
The Arabs this, the Arabs that. Give proof you bafoon! :angry:

BTW I'm not racist as I'm 50% Caucasian myself! :angry:

from wiki:

''Historians agree between 11 and 18 million Africans were enslaved by Arab slave traders and taken across the Red Sea, Indian Ocean, and Sahara desert between 650 and 1900,[4][5][6] compared to 9.4 to 14 million Africans brought to the Americas in the Atlantic slave trade[7] from 15th century to the early 19th century.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade
ayt....y'all need 2 calm the hell down...go outside, smoke some weed....or some other ****
Why be proud of something I had no say over and which I cannot change. It's like being proud of having dark hair or blue eyes.

Ethnicity and race are such stupid concepts.
Well, considering different nationalities are not 'different race's’, I have no idea.

There is but the human-race. People with different nationalities and from different cultures are merely ethnic groups.

However, I am ashamed of my nationality because the history of Britain has largely been a history of slavery, colonisation and actions that would disgrace a nation of savages.
Bit of a leading question.
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Why be proud of something I had no say over and which I cannot change. It's like being proud of having dark hair or blue eyes.

Ethnicity and race are such stupid concepts.

The question was not why are you not proud, but why ashamed. You answered a different question.
Reply 156
Original post by humanrights
from wiki:

''Historians agree between 11 and 18 million Africans were enslaved by Arab slave traders and taken across the Red Sea, Indian Ocean, and Sahara desert between 650 and 1900,[4][5][6] compared to 9.4 to 14 million Africans brought to the Americas in the Atlantic slave trade[7] from 15th century to the early 19th century.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

The point is that white slavery occurred more recently and has a greater bearing on society today especially as black people have only had equal rights for 40-50 years.
Reply 157
I think that white people shouldn't really be ashamed of their race just that all people should be equal and their shouldn't be such crazy racial divides.
Original post by Time Tourist
The question was not why are you not proud, but why ashamed. You answered a different question.

Two sides of the same coin. I am not ashamed to be white either, because it is something I cannot change.

Skin colour is just another mutation within the human species. Learn to love it and live with it.
Reply 159
Original post by Struggle
Well, considering different nationalities are not 'different race's’, I have no idea.

There is but the human-race. People with different nationalities and from different cultures are merely ethnic groups.

However, I am ashamed of my nationality because the history of Britain has largely been a history of slavery, colonisation and actions that would disgrace a nation of savages.

maybe you should try being a muslim with their history of imperialism and slavery then maybe you would commit suicide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending