i get marks!!
Reply 2841
Original post by sumsam
make a facebook group? :tongue:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_219192354782279
someone already made one, ha! :tongue:
Reply 2842
Original post by BigSa
Well I thought that mean conc. of RNA is decreasing at start because RNA was being used for protein synthesis to help growth of pupa. Then ad it got older RNA conc. increased as less was being used as it was almost an adult pupa.

thats what i put!:smile:
Reply 2843
yeah it wasnt a great paper but there were questions that made up for it..a lot of them you could hve easily picked up a lot of marks from.

But there was deifnitely a few that were stupid! And quite rightly aqa is dumb for not adding so many units that we revised for!!!

We just have to wait and see how to grade boundaries work out.. i didnt think it would be higher..if anything i think it will stay around the same
Original post by Cheddar
What did people get for positive feedback between LH and oestrogen? I thought in the oestrous cycle the only positive feedback was between oestrogen and FSH?

I only got it b/c I went online - the revision book says the corupus luteum releases progesterone - but it also releases some oestrogen.
So oestrogen (at high conc) stimlulates - LH - which causes corpus luteum to develop which secretes more oeastrogen and so on
Reply 2845
Original post by fsaeed20
I put it increases the rate of active transport.

I put the reason why there was an increase in NAA in the lower side of the leaf because there was no light, and because it said that NAA was similar to IAA...seeing as though IAA moved to the shaded side I said thats why there was a more increase uptake in NAA on the lower side of the leaf?? Is that wrong??
Reply 2846
Why did the concentration of RNA increase then decrease after?
Reply 2847
Hey, which part of the cycle did ovulation take place? i put C i think :s-smilie:
Reply 2848
Original post by CatieW
AQA have such a record of making biology papers with HSW questions all over the place though - is anyone really surprised we got this?

It could definitely have been a nicer paper, and after all I learned about muscles/neurones etc, I was annoyed we didn't get a question on that, but honestly, my main reaction was "oh, so they've given us a load of graphs again" rather than "omg those bitches i hate this paper".

But anyway, does anyone know if giving examples of genetically engineered crops (like Golden Rice, which I went into specifically (thankyou CGP revision guide!)) would be enough for breadth of knowledge? It was pretty much the only thing I got in that could be, since I kinda got into panic "just write as much as possible" mode for the essay and didn't think tactically.

Omg, as I was reading this I was like 'I totally agree' then I REALISED IT'S CATIE!! hahaha
Original post by CatieW
AQA have such a record of making biology papers with HSW questions all over the place though - is anyone really surprised we got this?

It could definitely have been a nicer paper, and after all I learned about muscles/neurones etc, I was annoyed we didn't get a question on that, but honestly, my main reaction was "oh, so they've given us a load of graphs again" rather than "omg those bitches i hate this paper".

But anyway, does anyone know if giving examples of genetically engineered crops (like Golden Rice, which I went into specifically (thankyou CGP revision guide!)) would be enough for breadth of knowledge? It was pretty much the only thing I got in that could be, since I kinda got into panic "just write as much as possible" mode for the essay and didn't think tactically.

Mmm, they were very heavy handed with the HSW questions on BIOL2 as well. Essentially breadth of knowledge is showing that you have incorporated knowledge from a variety of sources. If you don't reference things outside they syllabus, you can still achieve marks by having a broad focus in your essay.
Reply 2850
Original post by Betsss
Hey, which part of the cycle did ovulation take place? i put C i think :s-smilie:

I put B
Reply 2851
what did people put for the rna question?
Reply 2852
Original post by Rickesh

Original post by Rickesh
I put the reason why there was an increase in NAA in the lower side of the leaf because there was no light, and because it said that NAA was similar to IAA...seeing as though IAA moved to the shaded side I said thats why there was a more increase uptake in NAA on the lower side of the leaf?? Is that wrong??

I thought the question asked about temperature though? :s-smilie:
Reply 2853
Original post by Betsss
I thought the question asked about temperature though? :s-smilie:

Did it :| ?? I dont remmeber seeing temperature?
Reply 2854
Original post by Libertiney
Why? You may have to pay higher tuition fees etc etc but so will thousands of others.
Not denying it's retarded but people will cope.

Cos im on a gap year taking four years to do a levels is just a massive no no
Original post by CatieW
But anyway, does anyone know if giving examples of genetically engineered crops (like Golden Rice, which I went into specifically (thankyou CGP revision guide!)).

Also wrote about golden rice hahaaa... i wrote about 5 pages for the DNA in science and tech question. Threw everything I had at it!
Original post by BigSa
Well I thought that mean conc. of RNA is decreasing at start because RNA was being used for protein synthesis to help growth of pupa. Then ad it got older RNA conc. increased as less was being used as it was almost an adult pupa.

thats exactly what i wrote becuase it said the papa doesnt feed so it needs to grow somehow and thats by protein synthesis so RNA is used up it seemed logical.

paper was so hard compared to last year
WHERE WERE SYNAPSES, MUSCLES, GLUCOSE, TAXES, KINESES ALL THAT? it was like 5 pages of the spec!

i effed the ratio up

put 3 for how many sites it cut at

i got 80% 50% 50% because i thought it said at each hour what was percentage of neurone one or whatever and if you work it out like you did the 80 it was 50 and 50. oh well

The cycles essay was a gift but i made a fundemental error in the cardiac cylce but i included loads hopefully get 20+.. i wrote about PCR as an extra one cos it is like a cycle isnt it?

also what did poeple say about the bas pairs being different on 1st Q?
Haha I flopped! Usually pretty good in biol, the topics I revised for mostly didn't come up. The two I hate most, menstrual cycle and restriction stuff came up. Wrote loads of cycles in essay plan, hardly actually wrote that many in the essay though. Also messed up all of Q9 about the fly stuff because my hand was hurting and I had no time. Can just pray for the best now! :s-smilie:
Reply 2858
Original post by Liron Ingleby

Original post by Liron Ingleby
thats exactly what i wrote becuase it said the papa doesnt feed so it needs to grow somehow and thats by protein synthesis so RNA is used up it seemed logical.

paper was so hard compared to last year
WHERE WERE SYNAPSES, MUSCLES, GLUCOSE, TAXES, KINESES ALL THAT? it was like 5 pages of the spec!

i effed the ratio up

put 3 for how many sites it cut at

i got 80% 50% 50% because i thought it said at each hour what was percentage of neurone one or whatever and if you work it out like you did the 80 it was 50 and 50. oh well

The cycles essay was a gift but i made a fundemental error in the cardiac cylce but i included loads hopefully get 20+.. i wrote about PCR as an extra one cos it is like a cycle isnt it?

also what did poeple say about the bas pairs being different on 1st Q?

I think i wrote that the end of the chromosome is more likely to have stop codons.. :s-smilie: so was different from the middle bit.. and something about exons and intons being located at different places :s-smilie:
Reply 2859
Original post by Rickesh
I put B

WAIT :eek::eek::eek::eek: they were LABELLED WITH LETTERS! i put 10 days!!!! WTH! oh noooooooo:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending