The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
what did everyone put for the question where it asked about why percentage bases at middle and end are different? the only one I really couldn't do!
Original post by SarahTM
It does, but LH wasn't on that graph. Progesterone & Oestrogen were the only things on the graph :smile:
It was B because progesterone levels were increasing, which happens post ovulation :smile:

jesus wept. maybe i didnt put that, or so i hope i dont even remember :confused:
Reply 2902
Original post by Gemma2010
receptors are only on the postsynaptic membrane

It was two marks, saying that wouldnt be sufficient would it? I said that as well as the vesicles in which the acetylcholine is found is only in the pre-synaptic neurone?
Reply 2903
Original post by Rickesh
For the RNA one, I put that there is less concentration of RNA during the start of the age of the pupa because it needs to make its new proteins through transcription and translation, this requires the need of RNA polymerase, mRNA and tRNA hence the reduction in concentration....is that right??!

thats what i wrote. what did you write for the one about lysosomes
Original post by Betsss
18, 21

I agree :smile:
Reply 2905
Original post by chjw
what did everyone put for the question where it asked about why percentage bases at middle and end are different? the only one I really couldn't do!

I just put that theres different alleles at different points, so would be different base sequences....but that was kinda a 'OH MY GOD I ONLY HAVE 2 MINS LEFT, WRITE SOMETHING!'....

And i forgot to put 18 and 21 in the table because I thought it was too obvious....:rolleyes:
Reply 2906
Original post by lou12

I said something really stupid...because I really didnt know lol ! I said that because the tissue is broken down to form new tissues the lysosomes does that...i knew it was wrong but i just put it down to fill the gap!!! What did you put?
Reply 2907
Original post by Gemma2010
It's really unfair! some people can go into clearing faster and get the best places if they get results earlier

You can get your results on ucas track on results day, well not your results but you get told whether you got in to your uni or not
Original post by Abby :)
Well i got 80 0 0

Because it was asking specifically for the nervous stimulation

nervous stimulation effect dropped to 0 just before 2 hours..... it was only hormones having an impact (which sounds about right because nervous systems are quick short lasting, hormones are slower, longer lasting)

So, the nervous stimulation were producing 0% of the gastric juice each time because there was no line after 1.5 hrs or something! Only the line for hormones was above 0.

-THANK YOU! it was only nerves so yes that is what i got :biggrin:
Reply 2909
ahhhh mannn this exam is making me depressed dude i can't enjoy my holiday knowing i was on track for an A
Reply 2910
Original post by Rickesh
I said something really stupid...because I really didnt know lol ! I said that because the tissue is broken down to form new tissues the lysosomes does that...i knew it was wrong but i just put it down to fill the gap!!! What did you put?

i said the levels decrease because there is less protein synthesis and so less lysosomes are needed to trasnport proteins or something like that. i think this is wrong.
Reply 2911
Original post by lou12

I said, the number of lysosomes would decrease as they contain hydrolytic enzymes involved in break down. As break down is first, these decrease as there is less to digest?
Reply 2912
The general consensus is that this paper was harder than the June 2010 one and I most certainly agree with that. I spent 3 hours going over muscles, synapses, action potential with my teacher yesterday and none of that came up in the exam. If I had known that before the exam, then I would have revised for something else. I did enjoy the essay question though, that seemed like a treat after that atrocious paper. I was tempted to do the cycles question but then ended up doing the DNA technology as I went over that last night. I sincerely hope that the grade boundaries are very low. I won't even get a C if it is 50% for an A. This was the exam that was really going to make or break a place at uni for me. Didn't do too well. Well done AQA, you have manage to ruin my life yet again :angry: Hopefully I can pull off a miracle in Chem 5 on Friday.
Reply 2913
What did you put for the question that said why hydrolysis and condensation reactions are important in the protein synthesis?
I said that hydrolysis is needed for ATP which releases energy to make the proteins, and condensation is needed because it joins the amino acids together to form a peptide bond?
I totally failed this exam, oh well hope my other 3 exams pick it up to at least a B. Totally missed out on firm though.
Original post by 04bellot
You can get your results on ucas track on results day, well not your results but you get told whether you got in to your uni or not

If we have insurance choices, do we know if we've got into them? :confused:
Reply 2916
Original post by chjw
I said, the number of lysosomes would decrease as they contain hydrolytic enzymes involved in break down. As break down is first, these decrease as there is less to digest?

what did you write for why the rna levels decrease
Reply 2917
Original post by SarahTM
If we have insurance choices, do we know if we've got into them? :confused:

Im not 100 percent certain but i know track comes up with a congratulatory message saying that you've been accepted at so and so university to study so and so course in september 2011.
im guessing if you got into your insurance it would say their name and not your firm :smile:
Reply 2918
Original post by lou12
what did you write for why the rna levels decrease

they decreased then increased then decreased

so i said; they decrease because initially the larva is being broken down, so RNA could be broken down. Then as the substances were used to make adult cells, proteins were produced to function and make these cells so RNA increased in form of mRNA to synthesis of proteins.
Reply 2919
Original post by Rickesh
yeah there were letters, it said write down the letter where ovulation takes place?:frown:

awwwwwww man! i did not read the question properly :frown: theres another mark :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending