The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my brother, whos been avoiding ALL spoilers [and even speculation], just got really badly spoiled on how series 6 turns out. I asked him whether it was real, but he just said that some person had watched all the episodes and posted some very conclusive evidence, which had to be true because when you saw it, it was like 'ooh...my god. it all makes sense now'. ok, that was really badly worded, sorry.

I don't know what the spoilers are by the way, i didn't want to know and my brothers kind enough not to spoil :smile: BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE FOOTBALL 365 FORUM. that is all.

I've tried to make this as unspoilery as possible, because whilst my brother didn't spoil me, he gave me some very vague hints which don't actually reveal anything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tasneemo
my brother, whos been avoiding ALL spoilers [and even speculation], just got really badly spoiled on how series 6 turns out. I asked him whether it was real, but he just said that some person had watched all the episodes and posted some very conclusive evidence, which had to be true because when you saw it, it was like 'ooh...my god. it all makes sense now'. ok, that was really badly worded, sorry.

I don't know what the spoilers are by the way, i didn't want to know and my brothers kind enough not to spoil :smile: BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE FOOTBALL 365 FORUM. that is all.

I've tried to make this as unspoilery as possible, because whilst my brother didn't spoil me, he gave me some very vague hints which don't actually reveal anything.

Wow that sucks...I hope he's not too bothered about it. It's one thing to get badly spoilered when you don't really resist spoilers, but when you avoid all speculation...I feel sorry for him :frown:

Btw, did he infer if it was bad stuff? *is really worried for the fate of DW* :s-smilie:
Original post by Stargatecrazy
Wow that sucks...I hope he's not too bothered about it. It's one thing to get badly spoilered when you don't really resist spoilers, but when you avoid all speculation...I feel sorry for him :frown:

Btw, did he infer if it was bad stuff? *is really worried for the fate of DW* :s-smilie:

what do you meqn by 'bad stuff'? and i know! he was telling me off for reading all the spec on tsr, and he gets bombarded with it! and all he did was click one little dr who related link...

oh wait, do you mean the the plot working out was terrible and predictable, bad?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tasneemo
what do you meqn by 'bad stuff'? and i know! he was telling me off for reading all the spec on tsr, and he gets bombarded with it! and all he did was click one little dr who related link...

oh wait, do you mean the the plot working out was terrible and predictable, bad?

Yeah bad as in things we don't want to happen (characters die, stupid plot twists, the Doctor falls in love with a Dalek...that sort of stuff :tongue:)

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I doubt your brother has actually come across real or new spoilers.

Yeah...would spoilers really be out this early for Series 6b?
Steven Moffat said something about Private Eye spoilers on twitter, and how they're not true.

And the writer of Episode 10 (the one we know pretty much nothing about) has given an interview:

Spoiler

Edit: Although the Steven Moffat tweet might be non-spoiler related at all, just at how an article isn't true. I think it's one about financial decisions and the series split...
(edited 12 years ago)
That episode sounds fun.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Steven Moffat said something about Private Eye spoilers on twitter, and how they're not true.

And the writer of Episode 10 (the one we know pretty much nothing about) has given an interview:

Spoiler

Edit: Although the Steven Moffat tweet might be non-spoiler related at all, just at how an article isn't true. I think it's one about financial decisions and the series split...

“I’ve written episode 10 which I think is my most accomplished piece of plotting ever,” ? That's very modest of him...
Original post by punctuation
“I’ve written episode 10 which I think is my most accomplished piece of plotting ever,” ? That's very modest of him...

No worse than someone saying, "This is the best cake I've ever baked." :lolwut:
Original post by spacepirate-James
No worse than someone saying, "This is the best cake I've ever baked." :lolwut:

Leaves us with high expectations though...

Would you rather he say "Yeah, this isn't as good as my other stuff."?

Isn't that the same kinda thing Matthew Graham said about The Almost People/The Rebel Flesh? Doesn't necessarily mean it's actually any good, just means he thinks it's better than his other stuff.
He might not even think that it's better. It's just something that you say.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I doubt your brother has actually come across real or new spoilers.

Well, I'm glad you said this, because it turns out my brother is an actual idiot [first class degrees don't really prove much, do they?!]
I was watching dr who, and he kept grinning because he knew this 'big secret', so I got annoyed and just told him to tell me.

AND IT ANSWERS NOTHING. It's just pure speculation, it's not spoilery because it doesn't prove anything! it's just worth thinking about! IT'S THE STUPIDEST THING EVER!

and for those who are wondering, the spoiler [but really only just speculation, and even then, it's not actually said what it could mean].

Spoiler

anyway, more on my red theory. I was watching The Eleventh Hour, and well...
The first look at Amy's house shows a red garden windmill thing.
The set of swings in her front garden is red.
Amy's nightgown was white with a red pattern
when she goes out to see wtf just landed in her garden, she was wearing a bright red cardigan, with red wellies.
when she was packing her suitcase, 1. her suitcase was white with a red rim, and 2. practically all her clothes are red.
her torchlight is red too
so is the red persian carpeting in her house.

BUT THEN, I also noted a lot of TARDIS blue being used, for example the whole of Amy's house is TARDIS blue [her walls, the front door, which has 4 red glass panes in it by the way, Amy's coat was deep blue too.

so maybe it is just a production thing :facepalm: but maybe it's not. Anyway, i'll keep you updates about the red thing now that I have no exams left, and far too much free time :smile:

Oh, and the Football 365 forum has very few football related topics on there. It's more of a forum for guys who really need lives.
(edited 12 years ago)
That's hardly a spoiler tbh. It's not even speculation and it could be either of two things.

1. Old lady knows Amy and is close to Amy so she leaves silver brooch and Amy gives the brooch to her daughter, River.

2. Production team re-used the same brooch for River and the old lady.

Then there's the standard the old lady is really an older version of River (obviously not)/the Rani/Sally Sparrow/Romana etc.
Original post by sleekchic
That's hardly a spoiler tbh. It's not even speculation and it could be either of two things.

1. Old lady knows Amy and is close to Amy so she leaves silver brooch and Amy gives the brooch to her daughter, River.

2. Production team re-used the same brooch for River and the old lady.

Then there's the standard the old lady is really an older version of River (obviously not)/the Rani/Sally Sparrow/Romana etc.

it's not a spoiler is it? my brothers a fooool. Plus, River died in forest of the dead, so i doubt it would be an older her, or a regenerated her. My brother got all excited because the lady said to the doctor 'have I seen you before?', but I just thought that was talking about her seeing the cartoons Amy had drawn about him.
Reply 5715
when does torchwood start?
Reply 5716
SO today I went to see a play in London, which my gf bought the tickets for yesterday, so I went knowing absolutely nothing in regards to what it was about or who was in it. I also decided to wear my Doctor Pooh t-shirt for the first time today, only to get to the theatre and find out the play starred Paul McGann! I was left worried that people would think that I'm some sort of Doctor Stalker!!!
Original post by Yoghurt
SO today I went to see a play in London, which my gf bought the tickets for yesterday, so I went knowing absolutely nothing in regards to what it was about or who was in it. I also decided to wear my Doctor Pooh t-shirt for the first time today, only to get to the theatre and find out the play starred Paul McGann! I was left worried that people would think that I'm some sort of Doctor Stalker!!!

hahaha, next on the agenda is Much Ado I take it? :tongue:

Was McGann any good in it? I still think he was an alright Doctor.
I remember seeing King Lear a few years ago, which starred Ian McKellen as the titular character. It also starred Sylvester McCoy opposite him as The Fool :smile: He played the spoons <3
Original post by boba
when does torchwood start?

wrong thread :lol: but this summer. :smile:

For episode one is set to premiere on 1st July 2011 on both BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.

Latest