The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Niamhx
What are people revising for chapter 1 future developments?

Am revising from my book, which includes home sensors, access to internet connection while underground, digital paper, robotic funding, GPS, police activity, VOIP, RFID...it's completely random and nothing linked to the scenario but i don't know what else to do, i think am just going to stick with the book from now until the exam, what about you?
Reply 381
Original post by x-ami-x
Thanks for the link, I'll have a read now :smile: And that's good, would you need to know these facts? I know the main ones, and have looked into the ones mentioned in the pre-release material but not into as much detail as what you've written :s-smilie:

I don't know but I just copied that from the handbook haha, I'm just gonna try and learn some specific details but not go overboard =P
Reply 382
Original post by l0livia
I don't know but I just copied that from the handbook haha, I'm just gonna try and learn some specific details but not go overboard =P

Haha, that's good you scared me for a second there! And I'll do the same, is it just me or is this Unit really big, everytime I think I've covered a section I look back and find something new again :/ I'm going in circles...
Reply 383
Original post by ,,,,
Am revising from my book, which includes home sensors, access to internet connection while underground, digital paper, robotic funding, GPS, police activity, VOIP, RFID...it's completely random and nothing linked to the scenario but i don't know what else to do, i think am just going to stick with the book from now until the exam, what about you?

I think I have a totally different book to you, mine's all about Brain-controlled computing, Supercomputers and Interplanetary internet :/
Reply 384
Original post by x-ami-x
Haha, that's good you scared me for a second there! And I'll do the same, is it just me or is this Unit really big, everytime I think I've covered a section I look back and find something new again :/ I'm going in circles...

Yeah theres so much to learn! And I seriously have no idea whats gonna come up, although everyones saying large scale systems will but something on large scales came up in the Jan 2011 paper...it is a massive section though :/ I bet something to do with testing or installing large scale systems will come up
Reply 385
I really hope the grade boundaries are low this year ^^
Reply 386
Original post by l0livia
Yeah theres so much to learn! And I seriously have no idea whats gonna come up, although everyones saying large scale systems will but something on large scales came up in the Jan 2011 paper...it is a massive section though :/ I bet something to do with testing or installing large scale systems will come up

It really is! I thought that maybe testing or systems would could come up in a small question? Because they had those big ones in the past papers, and maybe some middle length ones on backup and information? But this Unit is so hard to guess for..:/
Guys, what do you reckon the chances of coursework being marked down drastically? (like a grade or more)

I did really badly in the first Info3 exam and got an E but managed to get a B on my coursework, which evens out at a C. I need a C for uni! So if I don't do any better on this exam, should it be alright? I've been revising like hell anyway. Please answer guys :biggrin:
Reply 388
Original post by x-ami-x
It really is! I thought that maybe testing or systems would could come up in a small question? Because they had those big ones in the past papers, and maybe some middle length ones on backup and information? But this Unit is so hard to guess for..:/

I hope backup doesnt come up haha, but yeah really can't guess, tried guessing for my geography exam other week and nothing i guessed came up and AQA put an exact same question in as last year! They are sneaky little sh*tes!
Reply 389
Original post by l0livia
I hope backup doesnt come up haha, but yeah really can't guess, tried guessing for my geography exam other week and nothing i guessed came up and AQA put an exact same question in as last year! They are sneaky little sh*tes!

I really really hope they don't do that! I hate Policies & Legisation :frown: But if it's like june 2010 I'll be happy, I think the essay was on when are the Client and User included in the development life cycle which I think is a nice question :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by JackSmith1993
Guys, what do you reckon the chances of coursework being marked down drastically? (like a grade or more)

I did really badly in the first Info3 exam and got an E but managed to get a B on my coursework, which evens out at a C. I need a C for uni! So if I don't do any better on this exam, should it be alright? I've been revising like hell anyway. Please answer guys :biggrin:

Hi :smile: I think they can defintely change, because that's why my teacher doesn't tell any of us what we got :s-smilie: But I'm sure it can't change that much, is your C quite high? Then it might level out, and I'm sure the revision will pay off :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by x-ami-x
I really really hope they don't do that! I hate Policies & Legisation :frown: But if it's like june 2010 I'll be happy, I think the essay was on when are the Client and User included in the development life cycle which I think is a nice question :smile:

I hate policies and legislation too! And yeah thats an alright question :smile:
Original post by x-ami-x
Hi :smile: I think they can defintely change, because that's why my teacher doesn't tell any of us what we got :s-smilie: But I'm sure it can't change that much, is your C quite high? Then it might level out, and I'm sure the revision will pay off :smile:

Hi! :smile: Yes as far as I know the C is quite a strong one. And I only need to boost points up a little bit in this exam to make it more secure I suppose. I just don't get what they look for in these exams cos I thought I'd done well first time! Revised more this time though, done methodologies, legislation, training, support, future developments, teleworking essay plans, all sorts haha. Thanks for the reply :biggrin:
im stresseddd... i havent studiedd.. :/
Reply 394
Original post by JackSmith1993
Hi! :smile: Yes as far as I know the C is quite a strong one. And I only need to boost points up a little bit in this exam to make it more secure I suppose. I just don't get what they look for in these exams cos I thought I'd done well first time! Revised more this time though, done methodologies, legislation, training, support, future developments, teleworking essay plans, all sorts haha. Thanks for the reply :biggrin:

That's good :biggrin: And I know what you mean! I really hope Teleworking comes up I've revised it so much!
Reply 395
hi guys

could someone please explain to me what each article is saying ... im really confused about it :frown:

the second article is alot more understandable than the first one but im still really baffed X_x

thankyou

and goodluck ! :biggrin:
Reply 396
someoneee Heeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppp meee....

I am pretty unsure about the policy for green use of ict in organisations. I dont know when they are asking about policy, i have to explain how procurement and training policy can be used for green use of ict,? Or i have to say that there should be a green policy to ensure that ...... ?

so what type of policy is for computer usage management for energy efficient operation?
Reply 397
Original post by sasha sh
someoneee Heeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppp meee....

I am pretty unsure about the policy for green use of ict in organisations. I dont know when they are asking about policy, i have to explain how procurement and training policy can be used for green use of ict,? Or i have to say that there should be a green policy to ensure that ...... ?

so what type of policy is for computer usage management for energy efficient operation?

Procurement:
- Buying hardware that is energy efficient.
- Only buying hardware with the energy star on it which proves it is energy efficient.
- When buying services, ensure that the organisation has green credentials.
- Buy bulk of the SAME type of hardware, i.e. printer, so if one breaks down you can cannibalise bits that you need as opposed to just throwing away.
- Buy application software as opposed to bespoke as these are flexible and hardware is easily upgraded with the software as opposed to bespoke which is designed on specific hardware.

To go along side procurement:
- Before you buy new peripherals, try and extend their lifecycle as this way you are not wasting used energy by buying a new uneeded product. For example, if the PC is slow, increase the RAM as this usually makes it faster.
- Also when you are buying new peripherals, think about recycling, other people may have uses for your peripherals.

Training:
- Make sure the employees understand how to stay green.
- Send them on "environmental organisation" courses.
- Buy them guide books on being green which they can learn from.

Anyone got any more ideas?
Reply 398
What are the possible questions they can ask about large ICT systems?
Original post by Jasmin11
What are the possible questions they can ask about large ICT systems?

risk and severity and lkiehood etc.
also what to do in a disater
traingin on a large scale
support on a large scale
maintentance types
Legislation x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending