The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kobie
merketh thine examinationes

Obsolete inflection and an archaic second person pronoun from a linguist :eek:!

There we go, that's English Language revision done for the day :biggrin:.
Reply 1881
Original post by Cast.Iron

+ obsolete 'es' ending on my plural concrete noun :u:

not sure if 'thine' shouldn't have been 'thy', i know they've been interchangeable at some point in history... 'thine' looked better with a plural though.

you doing AQA lang on friday? :tongue:
Reply 1882
Original post by kpatb
Yay! Your post made me feel better!
*hug*

No Edexcel.
All my exams are edexcel and 6 of my 8 exams are within 4 days of each other.

I keep telling myself: "Only 5 more days, only 5 more days"
But it feels like being in hell right now D:

:biggrin: yay
They are on at the same time probably to prevent sitting two chem5s..oh mine were like that in january but in the summer they were too spaced out. I know it's just counting down and wishing time will go faster. Good luck in all your exams!!
(Btw what course and college is your offer for? I'm engineering in Fitz but 2012..so hopefully see you in a year and a bit :P )
Original post by Kobie
+ obsolete 'es' ending on my plural concrete noun :u:

not sure if 'thine' shouldn't have been 'thy', i know they've been interchangeable at some point in history... 'thine' looked better with a plural though.

you doing AQA lang on friday? :tongue:

Ah yes, but I thought that one spoke for itself :tongue:.

I have no idea, I haven't gone into that much depth with my 'revision' i.e looking over the CGP revision guide :biggrin:.

I am indeed, are you? I can just about stand language change but acquisition makes me want to spray my eyes with cheap, pine-scented air freshener. I haven't done a whole lot of revision but then again there's not a whole lot to do I guess.
Original post by kpatb
I have 4 exams in the next four days -
FP2, Music,
Chemistry Unit 5 and FP3.

Why was I an idiot who did 5 a levels.
WHY?

I WANT TO CRY :frown: - I dont even have time to last minute crash revise!
Someone please make me feel better.

I ask myself the same question often!

just think about when they're all over. a few days of despair and hard work, then months of freedom. it'll be worth it! :smile:
Anyone else finding themselves already wanting to find info about freshers week? :tongue:
Original post by myNameHere
Anyone else finding themselves already wanting to find info about freshers week? :tongue:

The JCRs are already planning it!
Original post by SoapyDish
The JCRs are already planning it!

Ahh exciting. :biggrin: Any idea when they start telling us what'll be on?
Original post by myNameHere
Ahh exciting. :biggrin: Any idea when they start telling us what'll be on?

I think we tend to tell people when they arrive, although you might get a freshers booklet beforehand which might suggest some fancy dress to bring :P

Edit: Why does this deserve a neg?!
(edited 12 years ago)

Hi which college at cambridge/durham you firm/insurance..mine st catharines/university college
Original post by mrmayrhofen
Hi which college at cambridge/durham you firm/insurance..mine st catharines/university college

Hey, my colleges are Homerton and Collingwood, so we do not share any unfortunately :tongue:.
Reply 1891
Ah yes, but I thought that one spoke for itself :tongue:.

I have no idea, I haven't gone into that much depth with my 'revision' i.e looking over the CGP revision guide :biggrin:.

I am indeed, are you? I can just about stand language change but acquisition makes me want to spray my eyes with cheap, pine-scented air freshener. I haven't done a whole lot of revision but then again there's not a whole lot to do I guess.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_236834399663430&ap=1

group chat/docs should be all you need to clear up last-minute crises of confidence re:eng lang. the admins are pretty rapid at adding you :smile:

i'm... i'm very nervous. i need an A* in it. i know i know the content pretty well and the grade's certainly not beyond my reach, but there's a lot of pressure on :redface:

jonnyboy1993
look, someone else agrees with you :colondollar:
Original post by Kobie
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_236834399663430&ap=1

group chat/docs should be all you need to clear up last-minute crises of confidence re:eng lang. the admins are pretty rapid at adding you :smile:

i'm... i'm very nervous. i need an A* in it. i know i know the content pretty well and the grade's certainly not beyond my reach, but there's a lot of pressure on :redface:

Cheers for that, I'll be sure to check it out. I know exactly what you mean, it was the same for me with Lit.
Cheers for that, I'll be sure to check it out. I know exactly what you mean, it was the same for me with Lit.

Ooh you got an offer from Homerton? My boyfriend's going there as well :biggrin:
After yesterday, praying that a miracle happens
Original post by Chewmeister
Ooh you got an offer from Homerton? My boyfriend's going there as well :biggrin:

He must be an absolute legend.

:colone:

EDIT: I am her boyfriend, you neg-repping tool.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1896
Woop woop! I just had my Access course results confirmed to me... I've met my entry conditions for Cambridge!! :awesome:

Can't wait to get started and see a lot of you there in October! Best of luck to everyone else who is sitting exams & waiting for results!
Original post by TomU
Woop woop! I just had my Access course results confirmed to me... I've met my entry conditions for Cambridge!! :awesome:

Can't wait to get started and see a lot of you there in October! Best of luck to everyone else who is sitting exams & waiting for results!

WELL DONE!!! :awesome:

Some of us haven't even finished exams yet...
Original post by TomU

:woo:
Reply 1899
I finished today. As long as I got an E and U, I'll see you all in October.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending