The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SammyJ
Lmao, i actually did write that. What was the actual answer?

I put something to do with the response being quicker and that it is shorter lived. Idk if thats right though...
please tell me people thought it was a blimmin' horrific paper....!!
Reply 3042
im sending an angry e-mail to complain to AQA.
i got a high A on my mock for june 2010, but this paper took the piss! i've probs got a D or something on it! thinking back i don't see where i've got any solid marks :frown:
Reply 3043
Original post by will_slatts

Original post by will_slatts
100%, 0%, 0% i put, i wasn't sure i had understood the question though :/

you are right what i did was that 8 is 100% because there were no value above 8 so it has to be that.
Reply 3044
Original post by ApplePi

Original post by ApplePi
Same! I had to go back to it because I thought I was going mad.

Another one was when it was about 'gastric juices' (ew) and it was like "Describe the evidence from the graph that shows this was produced by nervous stimulation." I was like there's a label above it that tells you it's from nervous stimulation?! I actually thought that was the answer :frown:

I did get the answer eventually but it turns out my brain doesn't function well that early in the morning :colondollar:

hahaha awww
i get what you mean. i hate morning exams cos im not fully awake yet so i woke up extra early to make sure i was fully awake and alert before the exam :P
for that question i think i put that the amount of gastric juices released increases quickly as suggested by the steep line and the whole process only lasts for a short time (which is typical of nerves as compared to hormones right)
Reply 3045
Original post by leo123
you are right what i did was that 8 is 100% because there were no value above 8 so it has to be that.

I also did that and got 100 0 0, I hope that's right but everyone on here seems to have different answers.

Overall, that was a horrible paper, I think.
Reply 3046
why the hell was there a question on respiration at the end?! i can understand on the essays they mix all the topics together but this wasnt even on unit 5. lucky i resat unit really haha
Reply 3047
i got 100,0,0 too
Reply 3048
Original post by empop92
i got a high A on my mock for june 2010, but this paper took the piss! i've probs got a D or something on it! thinking back i don't see where i've got any solid marks :frown:

same. i think i will also complain to aqa!! we should get as many people as possible to do this!
Reply 3049
I got 93 0 0...
Any1 else?
Reply 3050
Original post by SammyJ
Lmao, i actually did write that. What was the actual answer?

The effects of the nervous stimulation were shown quickly (ie. volume of gastric juices rapidly increased straight after meal) and were short-lasting (volume of gastric juices by nervous stimulation had reduced to 0 after about 1.25 hours)

Or words to that effect :biggrin:
Reply 3051
Original post by grace=D
hahaha awww
i get what you mean. i hate morning exams cos im not fully awake yet so i woke up extra early to make sure i was fully awake and alert before the exam :P
for that question i think i put that the amount of gastric juices released increases quickly as suggested by the steep line and the whole process only lasts for a short time (which is typical of nerves as compared to hormones right)

Yep that's what I put too :smile:

Eventually.... Did take me a while!
For the gastric juice question I got 75 0 0. I thought it would be wrong but I had no other idea.

I chose 75 because I thought the question meant out of the entire amount of gastric juice produced what volume of it was from nervous stimulation :cry:
Reply 3053
Original post by leo123

I put 80% because there was 8 from the nervous and 2 from the hormonal. So percentage was 8 out of 10, which is 4/5 which is 80% I think?
I flunked this paper though
Reply 3054
Original post by empop92

That's a good idea. I think if a lot of us do that, they might lower the boundaries. But ehat are you gonna say? That the paper had lots of AS and HSW questions etc?
Original post by leo123

your right there was no value above 8. But ( I think) that because the total response at that time was 10 ( as the hormonal was accounting for 2) the formula for percentage is amount devided by total (x100)

which is 8/10

which is 80%

me thinks :P
Reply 3056
Original post by lou12
i got 100,0,0 too

Sameeeee.
Original post by Horatio-
For the gastric juice question I got 75 0 0. I thought it would be wrong but I had no other idea.

I chose 75 because I thought the question meant out of the entire amount of gastric juice produced what volume of it was from nervous stimulation :cry:

those of u sayn it waz 80 0 0 or 75 0 0 dnt the percentagez have 2 add up 2 a hunderd? i put 100 0 0
What did everyone get for how that one protein made by the Puppa could make loads of other proteins??
Original post by TheUsername42
What did everyone get for how that one protein made by the Puppa could make loads of other proteins??

Protein is made of up different amino acids which can be re-combined in a different order giving a different protein, and something along that line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending