Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Just insured Imperial! Scary stuff!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by r_u_t_h
Just insured Imperial! Scary stuff!

Welcome to the club of crazy, fearless individuals who have imperial as their maths back-up :cool:
Reply 942
Original post by jonnyboy1993
Welcome to the club of crazy, fearless individuals who have imperial as their maths back-up :cool:

Haha, well I'm glad I'm not the only one! :cool: Yeah, the grades are the same but there's no STEP involved in the offer (thank ****) so I'm fairly hopeful that if and when STEP goes awfully in June, I'll be going to London in October!
Original post by r_u_t_h
Haha, well I'm glad I'm not the only one! :cool: Yeah, the grades are the same but there's no STEP involved in the offer (thank ****) so I'm fairly hopeful that if and when STEP goes awfully in June, I'll be going to London in October!

Lucky for some, my Imperial offer has higher grades and includes biology too, so I actually have to do well in biology come exams :frown: STEP is the bane of my life this year, though at least after seeing Imperial in January I know I'll be happy there if the Cambridge dream doesn't happen come results day
Reply 944
Lucky for some, my Imperial offer has higher grades and includes biology too, so I actually have to do well in biology come exams :frown: STEP is the bane of my life this year, though at least after seeing Imperial in January I know I'll be happy there if the Cambridge dream doesn't happen come results day

Oh were you there in January too? I visited then and I could definitely see myself living there! Yeah, I do 4 Advanced Highers, any 3 of which can count for my A s for my Cambridge offer, however Imperial specified they've to be in Maths, Applied Maths and Chemistry. And I don't really like AH Chemistry these days... But it sure is a good motivation! :biggrin:
Original post by r_u_t_h
Oh were you there in January too? I visited then and I could definitely see myself living there! Yeah, I do 4 Advanced Highers, any 3 of which can count for my A s for my Cambridge offer, however Imperial specified they've to be in Maths, Applied Maths and Chemistry. And I don't really like AH Chemistry these days... But it sure is a good motivation! :biggrin:

Yeah, I arrived just in time from my pointless critical thinking exam... But yeah I could happily go to Imperial (both my parents went there too). Ah Trinity told me biology couldn't count, but Imperial put all 4 of my a-levels in my offer, though I'd rather have that then STEP in my offer tbh.
Reply 946
Yeah, I arrived just in time from my pointless critical thinking exam... But yeah I could happily go to Imperial (both my parents went there too). Ah Trinity told me biology couldn't count, but Imperial put all 4 of my a-levels in my offer, though I'd rather have that then STEP in my offer tbh.

Haha, critical thinking sounds riveting stuff... :tongue: Aw, that's a weird coincidence, you could start a wee family tradition! (Bet you'll make it to Trinity though! :smile:) Both my parents did Maths at Strathclyde, but I didn't even apply there... hahaha
Original post by r_u_t_h
Haha, critical thinking sounds riveting stuff... :tongue: Aw, that's a weird coincidence, you could start a wee family tradition! (Bet you'll make it to Trinity though! :smile:) Both my parents did Maths at Strathclyde, but I didn't even apply there... hahaha

I almost enjoyed it, as if :tongue: It's probably more likely that they subconsciously made me want to go there... Though it is epic :biggrin: Thanks, I sure hope I make it, and I'm sure you will too :smile:
Obviously, I'm blind that I didn't notice this thread, but I received my offer a few months ago now for Maths with Stats for Finance, with an offer of A*A*A, with a Merit in AEA. Well, at least now I can see who the other people are who are also going to Imperial. I hope I get the grades...
Original post by Undulipodia
Does anyone know any Biomed. offer holders? Taking a glance at the first page I couldn't see any, but that list hasn't been edited recently.
Anyway, I've got AAA Biomedical Sciences as my insurance. :biggrin:

You've got one over here :biggrin: AAAb, not too sure of getting it, Maths was a little... interesting xD Que sera sera :P
Original post by kittikat93
You've got one over here :biggrin: AAAb, not too sure of getting it, Maths was a little... interesting xD Que sera sera :P

Hi there :biggrin: I'm sure it wasn't that bad - do you do OCR MEI?. Good luck with those grades!
Original post by Undulipodia
Hi there :biggrin: I'm sure it wasn't that bad - do you do OCR MEI?. Good luck with those grades!

No, I do Edexcel but I'm self-taught, so any mistakes go uncorrected :P
Reply 952
No, I do Edexcel but I'm self-taught, so any mistakes go uncorrected :P

Mark schemes and the official textbook + CD are your best friend then?
Original post by Dark-Myth
Mark schemes and the official textbook + CD are your best friend then?

Yeah, I do it through the nec, so I've got a pack from them too, but it's pretty much untouched as it's full of irrelevant rubbish :P
Reply 954
Yeah, I do it through the nec, so I've got a pack from them too, but it's pretty much untouched as it's full of irrelevant rubbish :P

You're brave. Doing A-level maths by yourself...
That said I wouldn't learn anything myself, I'm too unfocused in my approach to learning :tongue:
Original post by Dark-Myth
You're brave. Doing A-level maths by yourself...
That said I wouldn't learn anything myself, I'm too unfocused in my approach to learning :tongue:

Brave or insane? I'm only doing it for Imperial, I did psychology last year, muuuch easier.
Reply 956
Brave or insane? I'm only doing it for Imperial, I did psychology last year, muuuch easier.

Jury's still out on that one :wink:
If you get in, I guess that makes you brave.
If you don't I guess that makes you insane.

Or should that be the other way round? xD
Reply 957
if my offer was to be AAAA but instead i had obtained A*A*A*B.... would they still reconsider giving my unconditional offer?
Reply 958
Original post by xylar
if my offer was to be AAAA but instead i had obtained A*A*A*B.... would they still reconsider giving my unconditional offer?

Maybe. Depends on the course.
For EEE, at our interview, we were told that if we were offered A*AA, and you got A*A*B, they wouldn't let you in.
Reply 959
the course is physics with theoretical

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending