The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple_Plume
I also went for that... I'm guessing IAA moves by diffusion? Nothing mentioned in my book

totally screwed on that one marker. lol
I wrote something really stupid
that might make examiners think I am a t**wat LOL
Taxis ,I wrote lol
Reply 3201
Original post by RodrigoB
Well I assumed it does lol The question said Scientist sprayed IAA on the leaves..
so to get through the cuticle and into the leaves , the only way would be a stomatal pore ?!

see, i didnt write stomata i simply said pores because stomata is for gas exchange and this was a solution.. ?

i also think i wrote about the waxy cuticle being thicker on the upper side of the leaf.. lol :/
Original post by amysoolz
you know the question about the behaviour of the lupas or whatever they were,
was it just asking about kineses and how that results in them having a greater chance of returning to an environ (in this case, lower temp) with more favourable characteristics??

Um... Do you mean the iguanas?
Original post by JeevesMOM
plz shut the **** up.

lol skn y
Original post by JeevesFTW

ignore me for reason?
Original post by Kirushan
lol skn y

suck my dick bitch. dont ask why.

lol are you gay u pussii dnt b silli on tsr finking u a badman or sumn u faggot geh a life man for real
Reply 3207

Looool. :colondollar: yeah..
lol are you gay u pussii dnt b silli on tsr finking u a badman or sumn u faggot geh a life man for real

pretty ironic dont you think.
Reply 3209

You're both ****ing idiots.

lol init! and his gay username, thinkin he's some G! Just a poof haha!
Original post by amysoolz
Looool. :colondollar: yeah..

In which case, I think the answer was just describing the effect of temperature on the movement of the Iguanas. If the temperature was too high/low, they moved into a shady/sunny area. Just describing.
Reply 3212

Homophobes are pricks.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
Does anyone know what we were meant to write about the pupa and the RNA decreasing and increasing, and the lysosomes one? i know i cant do anything about it now, but for peace of mind :smile:
Reply 3215

yeah yeah yeah i'm still about TEEEEEEEEEMPZZZZ
don't watch the hype!
MANS ON A NEXT HYPE

lmao all that batty language
Original post by milliec08
Does anyone know what we were meant to write about the pupa and the RNA decreasing and increasing, and the lysosomes one? i know i cant do anything about it now, but for peace of mind :smile:

Basically;

More lysosomes in the earlier stages of its development as lysosomes contain digestive enzymes that hydolyse proteins.

More RNA later in the cycle because RNA is involved with protein synthesis and since it is rebuilding proteins (adult ones), a greater conc. of RNA is present.

It was relative straight forward and required you to apply information from the text.

I hope you did well :smile:
Reply 3217
Original post by milliec08

hey :smile:
for lysosomes i wrote that more is needed during early stages because proteins are being broken down and these are taken up by lysosomes so that they can be recycled and new proteins can be formed.

RNA decrease-
the passage said that the pupae don't feed so there is no oestrogen in the diet so less transcriptional factor binds to promotor region so less RNA formed

RNA increase -
only AQA will know why LOL!

tbh not being cocky but my answers are scientifically correct and seeing as the questions included the word 'suggest' there must a range of answers that are appropriate
Original post by Flux_Pav

RNA decrease-
the passage said that the pupae don't feed so there is no oestrogen in the diet so less transcriptional factor binds to promotor region so less RNA formed

That is a scientifically interesting suggestion. I hope they accredit you for it too. See my response above and tell me what you think.
Thankyou to both of those answers! dont think i got that question but the others went okay so fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending