The Student Room Group

Question spotting for F585 Economics The Global Economy OCR A level June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by goldlock
Yess mate, i thought lord sugar was on fire in the boardroom :P

im glad tom didnt go melody knew from day 1 that if she took those pitches she would be safe in the board room after reliasing that the products wernt that great

furthermore you ask people in a train station does france want a car seat or not wheres the logic in that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 781
Original post by nik2111
can you possibly send it to me if its on a word document or PDF?

aww babe i would actually love to but i have it in paper format :frown: I just love it for the statistics they give
Reply 782
Original post by nik2111
im glad tom didnt go melody knew from day 1 that if she took those pitches she would be safe in the board room after reliasing that the products wernt that great

furthermore you ask people in a train station does france want a car seat or not wheres the logic in that?

"Yes Lord Sugar, we chose not to go the car seat because 4 people told us it was a bad idea" lol what the hell...
Tom makes me laugh, all the tasks he's lost and he's still there :P
Reply 783
Original post by nik2111

ive recorded it, i will watch it tomorrow when i am exam free!!
Reply 784
Original post by rs91
ive recorded it, i will watch it tomorrow when i am exam free!!

lol kool you wont stop laughing i wont ruin it for you by talking about it

lol back to economcis stimulus packages pros and cons? are they really that effective ? i got

no- depending on the package it self the multipier effect may be small i.e cutting taxes consumers may save the money and not spend it on goods if confidence is low

they are good - for EU as this is the only type of intervention some economies have to help there economic situation

temporaly beacause the goverment will gain high debt and if this is not sustainable it will get to a stage were banks and countires wont lend to them causing competiveness to go down, so infact there is no benefit
Reply 785
am i right about the following:

real interest rates - with inflation accounted

nominal interest rate - with inflation removed

I understand the definitions, but does a high inflation e.g. 5% at the moment in the UK, increase the interst rate automatically or something?
Reply 786
Original post by deuces
am i right about the following:

real interest rates - with inflation accounted

nominal interest rate - with inflation removed

I understand the definitions, but does a high inflation e.g. 5% at the moment in the UK, increase the interst rate automatically or something?

not automatically, interest rates controlled by the Bank of England
Mock 1 - enjoy
Reply 788
Original post by rs91
not automatically, interest rates controlled by the Bank of England

so the nominal interest rate would be higher than 0.5%

and the real interest rate would be 0.5%
Mock 2 - enjoy
Reply 790
Original post by nik2111
lol kool you wont stop laughing i wont ruin it for you by talking about it

lol back to economcis stimulus packages pros and cons? are they really that effective ? i got

no- depending on the package it self the multipier effect may be small i.e cutting taxes consumers may save the money and not spend it on goods if confidence is low

they are good - for EU as this is the only type of intervention some economies have to help there economic situation

temporaly beacause the goverment will gain high debt and if this is not sustainable it will get to a stage were banks and countires wont lend to them causing competiveness to go down, so infact there is no benefit

depends on what stimulus package your talking about
Reply 791
Original post by sarahharris
Mock 1 - enjoy

can you upload the rest if possible but im really grateful for this one it looks really good
Reply 792
Original post by nik2111
can you upload the rest if possible but im really grateful for this one it looks really good

atp baby!
Reply 793
what do you think definition questions will be on?
Reply 794
two speed euro
unit labour costs
convergence
Doha round
trade liberlisation
soft currency
loose monetary policy
And even more!

(Pity no-one would answer my question about the GDP figures - a major opportunity for evaluation...)

Original post by rs91
atp baby!

not all...
Reply 798
Original post by sarahharris
More stuff!

Thaaaaaanks ! :smile:
Reply 799
im tempted to look at them but i feel i may get worried as its too late now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending