The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Can someone post the paper please
Original post by Ayostunner
Doesnt the mother have to be a carrier right? and shouldnt he have a homozygous dominant to get the condition or is it a recessive condtion?

If it was recessive i completely effed that up then :frown:

I put homozygous recessive for the baby. 'aa' for the baby and his parents were both carriers Aa. So 1/4 chance of getting it and in the baby's case did get it.

Original post by Naima100
I thought it was really obvious too :/ how can you have 2 motor neurones?!

I agree.

Pretty sure it's the sensory neurone that goes from receptors to the relay neurone. Motor neurones have nothing to do with this detecting stimuli.

And then, the motor neurone goes from the relay neurone to the effectors.

Original post by you-belong-with-me
What immune response did we have to describe for the AAV question?
and did anyone else go on about fluid mosaic when they asked for the structure of the motor neurone?
AND how many marks would i lose for the last question because i said the mother was homozygous recessive and the father a carrier, so i ended up with 50% chance :s-smilie:
and what was the question about Habituation cos i cant remember it nw.

Humoral response - so Phagocytosis, T-helper cells and B-cells, plasma cells and antibodies. Antigen presenting cells as well.

Didn't the question ask for the structure of the axom membrane? :s-smilie:
Original post by Student-Distressed
The very last question with the genetic diagram was very easy if you thought it through you just have to put Mm Mm for both of the parents and explain how the kid must have mm because the condition that he has is homozygous recessive and whatever the thing is that stops mucscle buildup was the dominant allele.

Omgosh! phew that's what i did !!
i got so worried after seeing a post on this thread .

I used Aa instead :colondollar: dunno why !
will i be penalised for that?
Omgosh! phew that's what i did !!
i got so worried after seeing a post on this thread .

I used Aa instead :colondollar: dunno why !
will i be penalised for that?

Haha I used Aa too. I put what I meant by Aa etc. just in case, but that's just me who is extra paranoid. HIGHLY doubt you would be.
What immune response did we have to describe for the AAV question?
and did anyone else go on about fluid mosaic when they asked for the structure of the motor neurone?
AND how many marks would i lose for the last question because i said the mother was homozygous recessive and the father a carrier, so i ended up with 50% chance :s-smilie:
and what was the question about Habituation cos i cant remember it nw.

I remember talking about phosphlipid bilayer in one of the questions near the beginning but i cant remember which question !

The immune response, i talked about the basics at first about lymphocytes, antigens on virus blah blah and then i went in on the details about t-killer cells, apc, t-helper, cytokines to stimulate blah blah blah!!!!
Original post by nadiaaraquel
Yeah I said post trasnciptional changes such as mrna splicing where intorns are removed and exons are rejoined together ( the order that they join can be different at times or something like that )

Omg you're here as well?
Reply 2926
Thanks like a million to wh0evr posted the 'Scribd' link for sample Article Q!
That savd my last Q! :biggrin: :wink: :tongue:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I put homozygous recessive for the baby. 'aa' for the baby and his parents were both carriers Aa. So 1/4 chance of getting it and in the baby's case did get it.

I agree.

Pretty sure it's the sensory neurone that goes from receptors to the relay neurone. Motor neurones have nothing to do with this detecting stimuli.

And then, the motor neurone goes from the relay neurone to the effectors.

Humoral response - so Phagocytosis, T-helper cells and B-cells, plasma cells and antibodies. Antigen presenting cells as well.

Didn't the question ask for the structure of the axom membrane? :s-smilie:

okay yhh axon membrane...i went on about fluid mosaic, the question was so vague
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Haha I used Aa too. I put what I meant by Aa etc. just in case, but that's just me who is extra paranoid. HIGHLY doubt you would be.

Ok phew!

Im less paranoid now !
:biggrin:
Reply 2929
Wht'd yu guys get for C? The very first Q!?

I put myelin Sheath...wbu guys? plz say 'yes,' ! :tongue:
Original post by catriona176
I'm pretty sure I didn't pass this one. There were very few, if any answers where I was certain I knew the answer. I just ended up writing a whole bunch of waffle for the majority :\

Woo, see you at Sussex!
Original post by Samia99

Original post by Samia99
Wht'd yu guys get for C? The very first Q!?

I put myelin Sheath...wbu guys? plz say 'yes,' ! :tongue:

I put that, but god knows, it was such a crap diagram! :frown:
On the whole I thought it was a fair paper, apart from a few questions there were no real ambiguities, I was so sure that we would have another paper like January, but we didn't! :smile:
Ok phew!

Im less paranoid now !
:biggrin:

I put what I meant as Aa as well but I think got that bit wrong
Reply 2934
Original post by Jammers123
I put that, but god knows, it was such a crap diagram! :frown:

Yea the Diagram wasn't Exactly the Best way 2 kick-off the ppr wd!

It suckd!

Wht bout 'small vessels' in da article?
I put arteries? :s

And the Shoot wht'd yu draw?
Original post by Samia99

Original post by Samia99

It suckd!

Put arteries and for the shoot (which I bet is wrong, leaning to the right). wbu?
Original post by Samia99

It suckd!

I put capillaries. And shoot went to the right. They were soooooooo cheeky switching the agar blocks around.

okay yhh axon membrane...i went on about fluid mosaic, the question was so vague

I put like channels to let Sodium in and Potassium in and out. Na+/K+ pump to restore resting potential.
Reply 2938
Original post by Jammers123
Put arteries and for the shoot (which I bet is wrong, leaning to the right). wbu?

To the ryt? I Did the opposite! [and i bet That's wrong lol :tongue:]

Coz i din really put much thought to the agar blocks being switchd! :/
Original post by tkoki1993
I put what I meant as Aa as well but I think got that bit wrong

Im still really worried i cant afford to get anything less than an A but im thinking the grade boundaries on this are gonna be really high and i wont get my grade :frown:
I blagged quite a bit in some 4 mark questions :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest