The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samia99

Original post by Samia99
To the ryt? I Did the opposite! [and i bet That's wrong lol :tongue:]

Coz i din really put much thought to the agar blocks being switchd! :/

Lol....tbh knowing how stupid Edexcel are, their answer will probably be that it's still straight :L
Reply 2941
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I put capillaries. And shoot went to the right. They were soooooooo cheeky switching the agar blocks around.

I thought abt capillaries too ... But read the article line again it said heart has to pump thru smthng so artereies are the first ones to take blood Away from heart ryt?

Anyways ....
Wht bout axon structure? That one definitly suckd 4 me!
And for first one? Labellings?
Reply 2942
Original post by Jammers123
Lol....tbh knowing how stupid Edexcel are, their answer will probably be that it's still straight :L

Hah! yeahh!

Buh i th0ught this was bettr than unit 4 though!

Completely Messd up the Wavelenghth Q in unit 4!
Original post by Samia99

Original post by Samia99
Hah! yeahh!

Buh i th0ught this was bettr than unit 4 though!

Completely Messd up the Wavelenghth Q in unit 4!

Nope, I found unit 4 better (apart from that Wavelength question) don't really remember much else now though :wink:
Reply 2944
Original post by haydyb123
On the whole I thought it was a fair paper, apart from a few questions there were no real ambiguities, I was so sure that we would have another paper like January, but we didn't! :smile:

I disagree, the paper was mostly fair but there were ambigious questions or questions that weren't very clear on what the answer should be. it was way better than January though, agree with that! :smile:
Original post by Naima100

I disagree, the paper was mostly fair but there were ambigious questions or questions that weren't very clear on what the answer should be. it was way better than January though, agree with that! :smile:

On going through the January paper for revision, I thought it was a lot better than yesterday's exam!
Reply 2946
Original post by Ayostunner
Ok phew!

Im less paranoid now !
:biggrin:

hey I'm doing Neuroscience too! at University of Toronto though, where are you going?
Reply 2947
On going through the January paper for revision, I thought it was a lot better than yesterday's exam!

really? I thought the article questions were really lengthy and it was all from AS, and that graph with pyruvic acid, I was completely lost :O

really? I thought the article questions were really lengthy and it was all from AS, and that graph with pyruvic acid, I was completely lost :O

Lol, yeah but that's just my opinion, I enjoy all the aerobic respiration as I am a P.E. student too :smile:
hey I'm doing Neuroscience too! at University of Toronto though, where are you going?

Oooh hello!
well my firm choice is king's college and my insurance is Nottingham!

I really hope i get in because i absolutely love the course.... I really enjoyed topic 8 in this module :colondollar:
the blood vessel cant be arteries because it said it was 'small'. so i guess you could get marks for capillaries, arterioles, and venuoles. (however its spelt)

I messed up the first two pages

for the last Q i said the Father WASNT a carrier... so i got Mm MM -> Mm Mm MM MM... But i stated he wasnt a carrier AND said since the mother has a history of mutations, then the sons genes mutated and he ended up with the disease anyway... Since it didnt state the father was a carrier and gave space for explanation, would i get marks??

I also put increase in heart rate increases ventilation rate so the lungs get supplied more O2 and thus theres more supplied to the blood or something... would i get any for this?

for how genes can code for different proteins or something... I wrote DNA splicing, is this right? or was it mRNA or RNA splicing?

grr shoulda done better
(edited 12 years ago)
Did anyone else put equation for ventilation rate as ventilation rate=breathing rate x tidal volume?
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Haha I used Aa too. I put what I meant by Aa etc. just in case, but that's just me who is extra paranoid. HIGHLY doubt you would be.

I put Rr. Surely any letters that are distinguishable by their upper and lower case would be fine?
Reply 2953
Did anyone else put equation for ventilation rate as ventilation rate=breathing rate x tidal volume?

yeah i did. :/
Reply 2954
Original post by Ayostunner
Oooh hello!
well my firm choice is king's college and my insurance is Nottingham!

I really hope i get in because i absolutely love the course.... I really enjoyed topic 8 in this module :colondollar:

o I didn't know KCL offered Neuroscience.
Good luck, I hope I get in too cause UofT wants me to maintain my predicted grades yikes :/
Me too! but the exam didn't have much neuro in it -.-

Yeahhh buddy :smile:
Reply 2956
Original post by Samia99

er is it someting else? lol I thought that was the only answer :tongue:
Original post by Samia99

Isn't that right?
Reply 2958

Lool same hea!
Th0ught that was One straight-forward Q! :tongue:

Yeah, that's what I thought the only possible answer was, just checking though :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending