The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x-ami-x
If only I read about server vertualisation.....

LOL, even i didn't read it, i thought wtf is this shi*, can you believe they gave us 3 tables to fill in, with the easiest on teleworking already done, their such bit****
Reply 521
yeah i left it until last tooo
it said something about ict system didn't it, anyway only had time for a quick answer, so i put that databases can make effective systems, spreadsheet packages can make good accounts systems and web design packages can make good online packages haha

i'm actually still in shock, the whole paper wasn't what i expected.. at least the big mark questions were okay
Original post by Noj2202
I know right that exam was a bitch roll on low grade boundaries!

The testing issues one I went on about it taking a lo time and different testing and users should be involved which further complicates time and increases costs and how in a large system many people with great knowledge will be needed which will cost even more.... :-/

The question like school/college wtf... The question about initiatives .... Wtf.... Just the exam in general.... Wtf....

Liked the last question just ran out of time hope I put the right quality stuff in did 3 pages so let us hope....

LOL i wrote a lot of crap for the school thing, about how students shouldn't be allowed access to the internet and how they should be responsible for turning off their own workstations, prob wrong
Reply 523
Original post by x-ami-x

Original post by x-ami-x
If only I read about server vertualisation.....

thank you so much for putting this up was really helpful i looked at it last and remebered at least a few things to write down today thanks a lot
Reply 524
how did people find the question about bulk printing
Reply 525
WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH AQA AND WHY CAN THEY NOT WORD QUESTIONS?
All I kept seeing was the words "issue of" and "functions of"...Yeah this was a re-sit but there's no chance in hell I did better than january,
Oh and that question about bulk printing was just a b*tch, I underlined the whole question and annotated the f*ck out of it, and put "???" "WHAT!?" and a sad face HAHA.
I hate AQA!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 526
Original post by thairshan
how did people find the question about bulk printing

A biatch all the questions seemed to be factors to consider this nd that. :-/
I put the cost of the consumables, quantity needed, someone needed to be responsible for stock control, how often stock control needs to be done and storage of the consumables

I had no idea so just waffled about something totally unrelated....
Reply 527
Original post by samjay7

Lmao, this made me laugh.

Exam wasn't all that bad for me, I will admit it was a difficult exam, and I expect the grade boundries will be low as a lot of people struggled.

For the testing question, it did say "large" ICT systems, so regression testing etc is correct and so is beta (or acceptance in this case) and alpha testing. However using functional, intergratopnal, module etc would have been sufficient too as they are required for any system development regardless of the size. If you added any reference to corrective maintainence to correct bugs not found in testing you'll get marked too.

I was disappointed in the lack of course related content in this exam, which is why I believe boundries will be low.

My least favorite question was the one about the controlling the consumables, it was an 8 marker.

Try not to worry, nothing we done but hope for low grade boundries now.
Original post by l0livia
WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH AQA AND WHY CAN THEY NOT WORD QUESTIONS?
All I kept seeing was the words "issue of" and "functions of"...Yeah this was a re-sit but there's no chance in hell I did better than january,
Oh and that question about bulk printing was just a b*tch, I underlined the whole question and annotated the f*ck out of it, and put "???" "WHAT!?" and a sad face HAHA.
I hate AQA!

lol, their soo shi* its unbelievable, so many questions were discuss factors and they all had the term "energy consumptions" wtf
Reply 529
Original post by Noj2202

Original post by Noj2202
A biatch all the questions seemed to be factors to consider this nd that. :-/
I put the cost of the consumables, quantity needed, someone needed to be responsible for stock control, how often stock control needs to be done and storage of the consumables

I had no idea so just waffled about something totally unrelated....

i was completly confused i swear this wasnt even in our syllabus but yH hated so ****ing much
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by danneh150
Lmao, this made me laugh.

Exam wasn't all that bad for me, I will admit it was a difficult exam, and I expect the grade boundries will be low as a lot of people struggled.

For the testing question, it did say "large" ICT systems, so regression testing etc is correct and so is beta (or acceptance in this case) and alpha testing. However using functional, intergratopnal, module etc would have been sufficient too as they are required for any system development regardless of the size. If you added any reference to corrective maintainence to correct bugs not found in testing you'll get marked too.

I was disappointed in the lack of course related content in this exam, which is why I believe boundries will be low.

My least favorite question was the one about the controlling the consumables, it was an 8 marker.

Try not to worry, nothing we done but hope for low grade boundries now.

Agree the consumables question was so bad :frown: and for the last question if i wrote things like MIS, DIS is that wrong?
Reply 531
Original post by ,,,,
Agree the consumables question was so bad :frown: and for the last question if i wrote things like MIS, DIS is that wrong?

I wrote about stuff like MIS and CRM so hope it wasn't wrong haha..
Reply 532
the bulk printing one i put that staff should view their work before printing it to save paper, the work should be printed on both sides of the paper to save paper...prob all wrong
Reply 533
Original post by ,,,,

No it isn't wrong, remember with these ICT exams for some of the longer questions like the 20 marker on this one there is no definite right or wrong answer. It's about your ability to apply knowledge both within and outside the syllabus into your answer with a good structure.

For the last question I ended up writing about contingency plans/disaster recovery plans for large organizations, and how they rely so much on ICT systems that they need to have a solid backup plan in place in the event of a failure. This is a totally different answer to what you put but both carry valid points so neither are technically wrong.
the grade boundaries better be lower :frown:
Original post by danneh150
No it isn't wrong, remember with these ICT exams for some of the longer questions like the 20 marker on this one there is no definite right or wrong answer. It's about your ability to apply knowledge both within and outside the syllabus into your answer with a good structure.

For the last question I ended up writing about contingency plans/disaster recovery plans for large organizations, and how they rely so much on ICT systems that they need to have a solid backup plan in place in the event of a failure. This is a totally different answer to what you put but both carry valid points so neither are technically wrong.

Oh thank god, my mates wrote things like security, gps(wtf?) and globalisation, so i was a bit confused, i did apply it to the question so hopefully will get a few marks
Does anyone have the pre-released material for the EDEXCEL GCSE ICT PAPER sat on the 13th June by any chance? :smile:
Info 3 :dddd easiest, best paper ever!

Hard work and good revision and strong prayers to god help!

A* here i come! L:d
What did people put for issues of testing question. I thought that was so confusing.

I wrote about volume testing, network testing, usability testing and reliability testing. Is that wrong?

Also does anyone remember all the questions or have a list?
Reply 539
Original post by ,,,,
LOL, even i didn't read it, i thought wtf is this shi*, can you believe they gave us 3 tables to fill in, with the easiest on teleworking already done, their such bit****

Hahaha, I saw the teleworking bit and was like, you're kidding me! Anyone have no idea what Purging is too? I ranted about saving space or something..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending