The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by dreamer9501
Wait don't YouTube thillana. YouTube priyadarshini govind Indian classical dance and watch the third one I think. It's actually the nicest thillana I've seen.

Yup yup thandav all the way. I do it randomly around the house. :biggrin:

No they don't teach it at the mandir. I learnt it in India. The mandir only teaches really basic stuff because of the litle kids around but it's still fun. You should come along. But our teachers are leaving... Ones pregnant and the other one can't be bothered so we're getting new ones. I hope they're nice.

Oh they must have met up like a few hundred times because of the number of times we go india and the number of times they come here.

As in text me? Hang on phones dead.

Nah, I just messaged you off this thing. I'll see if I can come yeah because it's just effort to get to! You learnt it in india?! when the hell did you have the time? You're going to have to teach me some day, like come down to mine and we'll do it in the garden or something 8)
OOh, that's soo sweet! how did your parents take it? were they furious?
Original post by Devyani
Nah, I just messaged you off this thing. I'll see if I can come yeah because it's just effort to get to! You learnt it in india?! when the hell did you have the time? You're going to have to teach me some day, like come down to mine and we'll do it in the garden or something 8)
OOh, that's soo sweet! how did your parents take it? were they furious?

Yup read it. :smile:

Yup in India in about 4 weeks. I also learnt vinayaka kowtham, muddugara yashoda, shiv kaivaram and some other little thing in India but it's like I learn one every time I go. I'm planning on learning dasavatar next time and that's like 20 minutes long. Should be able to do an arangetram with all these dances. :biggrin:

Yup sure sure. I dunno how well I can teach you though. I have the thandav song in my head. That whole little bho shambo shiv shambo swayambo thing just keeps going round and round.:biggrin:

Oh parents didn't take it well at a llllllll. But I guess it was like a match made in heaven and they had to say yes. She is like the perfect Indian daughter in law type of thing and she's pretty and decent and fun. So there was really no reason for my parents to object. And as for my brother, he's apparently handsome(I don't think so) and educated and a doc and earning well somwhy would the girls side object. So it actually went quite smoothly. Mine ain't gonna be like that. I bet I'm gonna end up wanting to marry someone my parents hate. Things never go smoothly with me. :frown:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I went to sleep when they lost two quick wickets (like 60 odd for 2), fully expecting to wake up to a collapse, but not to be :frown:

Barath was playing good yeah.

I got an exam tomoz too. my last exam though so wooo :biggrin: How many have you got left?

Same here. Was hoping for WI to be 4 or 5 down by stumps :frown:
If we can get Bravo or Shiv early on, it'll be great. But if not, and they get settled....uh-oh :frown:

Barath was great, but his wicket was even better. Dhoni added in a third slip after an edge that went for four just a ball before Barath's wicket. And of all the places, Barath plays his edge to the newly placed Raina! Hilarious stuff!

Needta google/youtube Kohli's catch :tongue: :wink:

Tomorrow's my last as well :smile: So happy, but freaking out now 'cos I'm unprepared. Needta stay away from my laptop tonight. I shall stick to occasionally checking cricinfo's scorecard...that's all :biggrin: :'(
Original post by Indian_Prince
i think those idiots group got it locked because some moderator must have decided they were soooooo superior to us with his nerd powers that he will lock the threat without giving us all a reason :frown: watch me get a warning for this since calling someone a 'nerd' will become offensive in my case since they loveeeee putting rules against me even if its borderline and no one else would get them appart from me :tongue:

Bless you :smile:
Aw, makes sense. What's the MK2 for?

They're my initials :biggrin:
Reply 184
Yup read it. :smile:

Yup in India in about 4 weeks. I also learnt vinayaka kowtham, muddugara yashoda, shiv kaivaram and some other little thing in India but it's like I learn one every time I go. I'm planning on learning dasavatar next time and that's like 20 minutes long. Should be able to do an arangetram with all these dances. :biggrin:

Yup sure sure. I dunno how well I can teach you though. I have the thandav song in my head. That whole little bho shambo shiv shambo swayambo thing just keeps going round and round.:biggrin:

Oh parents didn't take it well at a llllllll. But I guess it was like a match made in heaven and they had to say yes. She is like the perfect Indian daughter in law type of thing and she's pretty and decent and fun. So there was really no reason for my parents to object. And as for my brother, he's apparently handsome(I don't think so) and educated and a doc and earning well somwhy would the girls side object. So it actually went quite smoothly. Mine ain't gonna be like that. I bet I'm gonna end up wanting to marry someone my parents hate. Things never go smoothly with me. :frown:

hahahaa that's wickedd, atleast you like your bhabhi? Same! i bet i end up with a proper lafanga haha. You will have to teach me all this because where I come from, the only thing we do is garba and dandiya :L Come to my house sometime and teach me ok? Bet I make a right fool out of myself, I've never danced to classical before :colondollar:
If your brother is a doc and all the rest of the things you said, then I don't see why anyone would object? and you're also lucky in the sense that you don't have to worry about caste as well as the other things :frown:
Original post by Devyani
hahahaa that's wickedd, atleast you like your bhabhi? Same! i bet i end up with a proper lafanga haha. You will have to teach me all this because where I come from, the only thing we do is garba and dandiya :L Come to my house sometime and teach me ok? Bet I make a right fool out of myself, I've never danced to classical before :colondollar:
If your brother is a doc and all the rest of the things you said, then I don't see why anyone would object? and you're also lucky in the sense that you don't have to worry about caste as well as the other things :frown:

Lol yeah I get on quite well with her.

Yup sure dos. I will teach you. That's what south Indians do best you know. Classical dance. :biggrin:

Na they didn't object. It went pretty well. Na caste didn't really matter evn though coincidentally she is the right caste but my fam don't really care about that kind of stuff.
Oh Mann you're difficult. Okay I'd just hire some goons to go tie you down and get it. :tongue:

youd have the goons limping back to you :tongue:

Oh man, this is bad. I really need that key back. :frown:
So much neg rep in this thread. Not that rep matters. :pierre:
Original post by (mahi_x)
Bless you :smile:
Aw, makes sense. What's the MK2 for?

They're my initials :biggrin:

:tongue:

mark 2 lolol i didnt want the II thingy :redface: i like cars, ccars are like, mark 1, mark 2, mark 3 :tongue: lolol you have a 2 in your initials :redface:
Oh man, this is bad. I really need that key back. :frown:

oh i just ate it, a man of iron needs iron in his body init :tongue:
Reply 191
Lol yeah I get on quite well with her.

Yup sure dos. I will teach you. That's what south Indians do best you know. Classical dance. :biggrin:

Na they didn't object. It went pretty well. Na caste didn't really matter evn though coincidentally she is the right caste but my fam don't really care about that kind of stuff.

ah the joys of being part of a traditional brahmin fam. -.-
hahaha yaaay, you obvs already know dandiya and garba :P
Reply 192

OOOh siri! don't mess with him :wink:
Original post by Devyani
OOOh siri! don't mess with him :wink:

hey i aint a weakling you know :redface:
Reply 194
hey i aint a weakling you know :redface:

I never said you are! You're strong :P
Original post by Devyani
I never said you are! You're strong :P

:biggrin:
Reply 196
:biggrin:

heheh, I can lie too :P
Original post by Devyani
heheh, I can lie too :P

:frown:
Reply 198
:frown:

haaha well, I don't really know what you look like so y'know :P
Original post by Devyani
haaha well, I don't really know what you look like so y'know :P

:tongue: i understand dont worry im just joking around :smile:, i didnt neg you by the way =/

Latest