The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wizard710

If you think your N1 is old you should try using a hero

Haha I'll take a pass; my friend actually has one and when we're riding around and he asks me to call or text someone I obviously struggle to get the message out/phone dialed. My first Android phone was a Captivate which I ROM'd and OC'd followed by an Atrix that I took back a week later. I'm a little spoiled lol.

I'm content with the phone itself; I think a 1ghz phone with a good bit of RAM is great for what is asked of it today. However I would love a larger screen; I know better will be out by the holidays but I'm sure the Galaxy S 2 will suit all of my needs for years to come.

Until I get bored 3 months after I get it lol.
These posts about the next Nexus are making my phone feel as if it's got a 3" penis :/

If you think your N1 is old you should try using a hero

My Hero is a fine phone :proud:

with no Flash :colonhash:
Got a Galaxy S2 coming tomorrow. Any tips on what I should do with it first? I can't spend too much time on it because it's during exam period and have been told that there will be severe consequences if arrival of phone leads to drop in exam performance.
Another day, another delay. Apparently they 'have been advised there is a delay with the new devices at customs'. This is getting ridiculous, quite frankly.
Original post by Trimeresurus
Another day, another delay. Apparently they 'have been advised there is a delay with the new devices at customs'. This is getting ridiculous, quite frankly.

How many delays has that been?

Screw it, just get an SGS II.

P.s. Anyone know if there's any probable long term effects of running my phone at 400MHz above stock?
Original post by Nick Longjohnson

P.s. Anyone know if there's any probable long term effects of running my phone at 400MHz above stock?

Depends on the CPU, I'm running at 1.6ghz and have been for the past few months. Usually these CPU's can run at upwards of even 700mhz above stock but they clock them much lower for battery and efficiency reasons.
Original post by yoyo462001
Depends on the CPU, I'm running at 1.6ghz and have been for the past few months. Usually these CPU's can run at upwards of even 700mhz above stock but they clock them much lower for battery and efficiency reasons.

That's reassuring. Mine was 800MHz standard and now at 1.2GHz, with a very slight bump in voltage to keep it stable. I had it at 1.1 with stock voltage but decided I wanted it a little faster :p: What phone are you using out of curiosity?

That's reassuring. Mine was 800MHz standard and now at 1.2GHz, with a very slight bump in voltage to keep it stable. I had it at 1.1 with stock voltage but decided I wanted it a little faster :p: What phone are you using out of curiosity?

Desire HD @ 1.6ghz. You have the HTC Magic if I remember correctly

Today was the fourth delay excluding the 12-day waiting time originally advertised.

The devices were conveniently released from customs moments after I sent them a strongly-worded email and I should now receive my handset on Friday. If I don't, I shall be cancelling my order and procuring a Sensation elsewhere.
Original post by yoyo462001
Desire HD @ 1.6ghz. You have the HTC Magic if I remember correctly

Motorola Defy. Locked bootloader not so good, but 2nd init seems to have come along nicely. Now waiting for a stable release of CM7.

Original post by Trimeresurus
Today was the fourth delay excluding the 12-day waiting time originally advertised.

The devices were conveniently released from customs moments after I sent them a strongly-worded email and I should now receive my handset on Friday. If I don't, I shall be cancelling my order and procuring a Sensation elsewhere.

:rofl: Just scream at them some more maybe you'll get it sooner (and with a discount) :p:
Missed delivery today so S2 coming tomorrow. I'm itching to try out Android properly
can you synch to picassa from an android device?
Original post by jermaindefoe

Original post by jermaindefoe
can you synch to picassa from an android device?

Yep.
Reply 5354
Original post by onaslipperyslope
Missed delivery today so S2 coming tomorrow. I'm itching to try out Android properly

Jealous, I want that phone :u: Got my trusty sony ericsson cedar at the moment :tongue:
Original post by Young Spade
Yep.

How?
Original post by tface
Jealous, I want that phone :u: Got my trusty sony ericsson cedar at the moment :tongue:

I'm just hoping I don't experience the faults people complain about like line on the screen or something.
Is it normal for apps like gallery, 360 shop, maps, email etc to just start running again straight after being stopped by advanced task killer? I can't seem to shut them off completely
Is it normal for apps like gallery, 360 shop, maps, email etc to just start running again straight after being stopped by advanced task killer? I can't seem to shut them off completely

Yes it is. There's also no advantage to use any sort of task killer. It's more likely to use more battery life than what it would save.

Don't use task killers in Android. If Android thinks it should be running then it will keep starting it up no matter how many times you close it, only difference now is instead of it being idle by closing it again and again your CPU will be used everytime it opens an app.

Latest

Trending

Trending