The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by danneh150
Lmao, this made me laugh.

Exam wasn't all that bad for me, I will admit it was a difficult exam, and I expect the grade boundries will be low as a lot of people struggled.

For the testing question, it did say "large" ICT systems, so regression testing etc is correct and so is beta (or acceptance in this case) and alpha testing. However using functional, intergratopnal, module etc would have been sufficient too as they are required for any system development regardless of the size. If you added any reference to corrective maintainence to correct bugs not found in testing you'll get marked too.

I was disappointed in the lack of course related content in this exam, which is why I believe boundries will be low.

My least favorite question was the one about the controlling the consumables, it was an 8 marker.

Try not to worry, nothing we done but hope for low grade boundries now.

*facepalm* I didn't put anything like that for the testing one..I was talking about cost, size and organisation structure :s-smilie: Oh dear..

And the consumables one what a bitch, I quite liked the essay though, but I think that wasn't a great paper because of the wording, I spent so long trying to figure out the questions...and they were too long!
Reply 541
Original post by barrshavin23
Info 3 :dddd easiest, best paper ever!

Hard work and good revision and strong prayers to god help!

A* here i come! L:d

Is this a joke?

Info 3 :dddd easiest, best paper ever!

Hard work and good revision and strong prayers to god help!

A* here i come! L:d

U will deffo be getting a U lmfao
Reply 543
yoooooo, that paper was next level, testing one i wrote about test harnesses, volume testing, performance testing etc how large organisation systems have to be thoroughly tested etc, how the fizzle r u expected to answer such stupidly worded questions, aqa examiner reports 'students fail to answer the question', well write questions which require your knowledge of the spec not questions that are vague as ****, time management issues per usual didn't get to fully answer the last question, too many long questions and the bulk printing question WTFFFFF, hopefully ive got 70 ums to get my A overall, trust me this paper will have low grade boundaries
Reply 544
Part B was definitely a bitch, part A was fine though... Except from server virtualisation, literally wrote nothing HA. I really need an A, just hope that the grade boundaries are low...

WTF was with the consumables one? struggled on that...! But loved the 15 mark questions as well as the last one. The testing one was nice too, i think the issues was referring to defects such as functionality defects, usability etc. It wanted you to point out that testing is important to eliminate these issues...

I told myself I wouldn't come and have a look at how everyone else found it but I had to have a look haha. Anyone find it easier than last year/jan?
Was there a question on user support? Or am I totally making that up? I'm worried I've missed out a question now haha :tongue:
Reply 546
Original post by Ooo'Yeah
Was there a question on user support? Or am I totally making that up? I'm worried I've missed out a question now haha :tongue:

Yeah there was haha. That one wasn't half bad either :smile:
Original post by Kaskade
Yeah there was haha. That one wasn't half bad either :smile:

Oh God, what did it ask? :eek:
Reply 548
Oh God, what did it ask? :eek:

It said something about external software or something... and then what support could they used... can't remember the phrasing, i'm sure someone else can remember - sorry!
Reply 549

Yeah there was... Something like

'A company has asked an external software developing organisation to create a bespoke system. Discuss the support available after the installation' or something...

I spoke about training, maintenance and support because I didn't revise support much...
Original post by Kaskade
It said something about external software or something... and then what support could they used... can't remember the phrasing, i'm sure someone else can remember - sorry!

Ohhh yeah I remember that now! I actually really panicked for a moment then! But I thought it was asking more about the factors to be considered when choosing support so I didn't really write about the types of support oops :s-smilie:
Reply 551
Original post by Kaskade
Part B was definitely a bitch, part A was fine though... Except from server virtualisation, literally wrote nothing HA. I really need an A, just hope that the grade boundaries are low...

WTF was with the consumables one? struggled on that...! But loved the 15 mark questions as well as the last one. The testing one was nice too, i think the issues was referring to defects such as functionality defects, usability etc. It wanted you to point out that testing is important to eliminate these issues...

I told myself I wouldn't come and have a look at how everyone else found it but I had to have a look haha. Anyone find it easier than last year/jan?

January Section B was most definatly easier than June Section B!! I thought it was a really hard paper I must say! :/
Reply 552
January was way easier than this... I wish I didn't retake...
Reply 553
Original post by tt123
yoooooo, that paper was next level, testing one i wrote about test harnesses, volume testing, performance testing etc how large organisation systems have to be thoroughly tested etc, how the fizzle r u expected to answer such stupidly worded questions, aqa examiner reports 'students fail to answer the question', well write questions which require your knowledge of the spec not questions that are vague as ****, time management issues per usual didn't get to fully answer the last question, too many long questions and the bulk printing question WTFFFFF, hopefully ive got 70 ums to get my A overall, trust me this paper will have low grade boundaries

70 to get an A?! Lucky! I don't even know how much I needed because my teacher won't tell me what I got in my coursework! :frown: And I seem to be the only one who didn't go into the details of testing..*sigh*

I didn't finish on time either, so my answer the Purging and the software packages one were half done :frown:

Was this your first take?
Original post by needssomehelpplease

June 2010 was soo much easier than todays ****ty paper! I could even answer Section A questions without the pre-release materials because it was related to the TEXT BOOK! grrr!

i know! This paper was ridiculous :/
Reply 555
Original post by x-ami-x
Is this a joke?

HAHA! I know right?!
Reply 556
Original post by chalks1
January Section B was most definatly easier than June Section B!! I thought it was a really hard paper I must say! :/

Totally agree, january was piss easy compared to this...and looking back at past papers I think AQA totally took the f*cking piss with this paper, jan 2010 and june 2010 were actually sooo easy compared to this one!

Also...really tempted to email AQA and basically have a go, haha, anyone in? (;
(edited 12 years ago)
I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. Anyway my ICT teacher is doing marking for these papers and said he'll e-mail me the mark scheme tomorrow (has to be after 24hrs of the exam) so I'll upload and post it here. As for those thinking it was hard, tbh I think all the AQA papers this year have been really hard this year especially the AQA maths papers they were a bitch, AQA have upped their game.. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 558
Original post by tt123

I also did the same for testing. I found the paper so hard. I revised so much but don't see the point after that! I'm worried about even getting a grade D to get my B overall!
Reply 559
I'm in! I wanna know why they gave questions that were soo flipping vague that I didn't have a clue what i was doing! AQA and other exam boards are taking the piss now! It's ridiculous

I can't even find a right email address to e-mail thats how sneaky AQA is! ARGH I hate them, they take the piss so much! This exam has angered me more than any other exam ever, HAHA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending