The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Desire S will have bootloader unlocking software sooooon! :biggrin:
Well, I should finally be receiving my HTC Sensation tomorrow following a plethora of delays. Can't wait!
Original post by Trimeresurus
Well, I should finally be receiving my HTC Sensation tomorrow following a plethora of delays. Can't wait!

you wont be dissapointed

Spoiler

Original post by AugustWestie
Yes it is. There's also no advantage to use any sort of task killer. It's more likely to use more battery life than what it would save.

Original post by yoyo462001
Don't use task killers in Android. If Android thinks it should be running then it will keep starting it up no matter how many times you close it, only difference now is instead of it being idle by closing it again and again your CPU will be used everytime it opens an app.

Ah ok thanks. I've tried 3 different task killers :colondollar:. If I don't activate the data network mode through the power button does that mean it definitely won't be using my data allowance?
Reply 5364
My phone was still playing up a bit so I had did a complete reset.

Feels like I've got a new phone, and I can finally enjoy gingerbread 2.3 :u:

So much smoother, battery lasts ages now! :biggrin:

Even though my contract expires next month, think I'm going to keep my Samsung Galaxy S for another year.
Reply 5365
But now I need apps again :holmes:
anyone known how to synch with picassa

and anyone know a good battery manager - my battery life is erratic at the best of times :biggrin:
Also, it's perhaps a bit of a 'noobish' question, but this will be my first Android device.

Will I be able to use Android Market/Google apps and the like with a Google account that uses my own email address, or will I need to sign up for a Gmail + Google account to do so? I'm sure it used to be the latter?

Also, it's perhaps a bit of a 'noobish' question, but this will be my first Android device.

Will I be able to use Android Market/Google apps and the like with a Google account that uses my own email address, or will I need to sign up for a Gmail + Google account to do so? I'm sure it used to be the latter?

I think it should work
Original post by wizard710
I think it should work

Which should?
Hey guys I've got a HTC Hero (with the chin on it). I've still got OS 1.5, is it possible to update it?
Original post by G8D
YES.

Oh my. 2.1 has been out for something like a year!
http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=283&act=sd&cat=allhttp://

You could always root it and install 2.3 though..

Got "403 forbidden"...

And how do I update it? I'm a bit of a noob with Android :s-smilie:
Original post by jermaindefoe

Original post by jermaindefoe
you wont be dissapointed

Spoiler

They take a while to calibrate the battery. Both mine and my dads DHD took a week or 2 to start getting accurate battery.
I have been trying to update my HTC desire. However I have managed to brick it. (wouldn't start up) Anyone have any idea how to do a recovery?

I have just gotten a Galaxy S II though so I am not that bothered but it'd be nice to get my desire working again...
Original post by MrLuketastic

Original post by MrLuketastic
Hey guys I've got a HTC Hero (with the chin on it). I've still got OS 1.5, is it possible to update it?

I could not imagine still having 1.5 on my hero :-o
Original post by yutinai_ti

I have been trying to update my HTC desire. However I have managed to brick it. (wouldn't start up) Anyone have any idea how to do a recovery?

I have just gotten a Galaxy S II though so I am not that bothered but it'd be nice to get my desire working again...

If it can't even turn on then it's bricked, nothing you can do. Send it to HTC and say it won't turn on. They're the only ones that can unbrick it.
If it can't even turn on then it's bricked, nothing you can do. Send it to HTC and say it won't turn on. They're the only ones that can unbrick it.

I can get into to bootloader if that make sense. However, from there i can't boot into the OS.

I can get into to bootloader if that make sense. However, from there i can't boot into the OS.

Are you using Clockworkmod?
Are you using Clockworkmod?

I believe so, I think ive seen that word some where...

I believe so, I think ive seen that word some where...

Okay are you even running a custom rom? Have you even rooted your phone?

Latest

Trending

Trending