The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I hope my coursework saves my exam... Got 63 out of 70.... if it doesn't get marked down...
Original post by Skylinefx
I hope my coursework saves my exam... Got 63 out of 70.... if it doesn't get marked down...

Same :biggrin:, but i need 77 ums for a B, now i think that's gone
Reply 582
I don't think you stood a chance in that exam if you hadnt read that 'green ict handbook' thing.
Reply 583
Original post by needssomehelpplease
63/100 was NOT an A grade in January, it was a C, 77 ums! TO get an A you needed 75/100 which is 98 ums!

I need a B in this paper to get an A overall so that is like 80 something UMS! Still pretty high! Markers better be generous!

Both of you are wrong.... 67 in Jan 10, 69 in June 10 and 74 in Jan 11. So all in all the boundaries don't vary a huge amount, well not the huge amount that we all want and need :/
Reply 584
Original post by azaking
Both of you are wrong.... 67 in Jan 10, 69 in June 10 and 74 in Jan 11. So all in all the boundaries don't vary a huge amount, well not the huge amount that we all want and need :/

Yeah, you're right. Although a difference of 7 points is quite large
Then what the hell is this!?!? Don't know where you got that from... http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...OUND-JAN11.PDF

and i mean 63 RAW marks NOT UMS points.

yeah mate its was 74 RAW marks to get an A in JANUARY 2011!

yeah i was looking at jan 11
Reply 587
Original post by ,,,,
That's what i wrote, reducing the amount of space or something lke that

At least I'm not on my own on this one! :smile:
purging also means being sick doesn't it, i was so tempted to write that
Reply 589
Original post by tt123
yh it was, everyone who took it in my year found it tricky and i dont think many people finished it

Okay, it was my first time doing the paper too and I really hope the boudries will be low..
Reply 590
purging also means being sick doesn't it, i was so tempted to write that

LOL I should have gone for it, the definition was left blank on my paper...
Reply 591
yeah mate its was 74 RAW marks to get an A in JANUARY 2011!

Yeah i was looking at INFO4, apologies.
Original post by azaking

It was just jan 11 that so higher than the rest because the paper wasn't all that difficult to be honest. This paper was hard so i will be looking towards 60 raw marks for an A, maybe 2-3 marks lower or higher..
Reply 593
Original post by MadCatChiken
I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. Anyway my ICT teacher is doing marking for these papers and said he'll e-mail me the mark scheme tomorrow (has to be after 24hrs of the exam) so I'll upload and post it here. As for those thinking it was hard, tbh I think all the AQA papers this year have been really hard this year especially the AQA maths papers they were a bitch, AQA have upped their game.. :frown:

this would be appreicitatted
WOW. What a ridiculously hard test that was, for a start the wording of the questions were ridiculous, but there were too many long essay based questions. It said on the front that question 8(20mark) should be written in prose but obviously we are going to do that for the 15 mark questions also, they were too time consuming.

Having looked at the past papers from Jan 2011 and June 2010 i was reasonably confident about this exam, i found on those papers section A was almost like a reading comprehension, with the pre release material with minor knowledge from the AQA book to backup your answer. But not this pre release material, the whole book may as well have just been a group of lists as it did not explain any ideas, merely listing them and moving on. A personal favourite of mine was quote reference to in the scrappage scheme question where we would told the scheme should be similar to one used for 'old cars and boilers' Thanks AQA im quite familiar with a scrappage scheme relating to old household boilers.
But then 'What government initiatives could government introduce' that question was a joke as surely the incentives bought in would always have to benefit the company financially otherwise organisations would not take part.
Another point, which has been mentioned in this thread, is how many of the questions did not relate to sections of the text book, given to us by AQA. so what was the point in even giving us that.

At first i was worried that i couldnt answer very much, but then i got bored of worrying and in the planning space i was offered to answer the 'Large ICT systems' question i produced a nice Trollface storyboard. I was then told after the exam that you can now lose marks for doodling, so i thought, if this is true, that is perfect i can now play AQA at their own game, Good Luck to the examiner trying to find marks to take off me in the first place.
This exam Paper must be the work of MICHAEL GOVE, who thinks exams must get harder.

RANT OVER.

Please Plus Rep This, if i get enough i will write an email to AQA about this exam, knowing i have the backing of people on this forum.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JustAGoodLAD
WOW. What a ridiculously hard test that was, for a start the wording of the questions were ridiculous, but there were too many long essay based questions. It said on the front that question 8(20mark) should be written in prose but obviously we are going to do that for the 15 mark questions also, they were too time consuming.

Having looked at the past papers from Jan 2011 and June 2010 i was reasonably confident about this exam, i found on those papers section A was almost like a reading comprehension, with the pre release material with minor knowledge from the AQA book to backup your answer. But not this pre release material, the whole book may as well have just been a group of lists as it did not explain any ideas, merely listing them and moving on. A personal favourite of mine was quote reference to in the scrappage scheme question where we would told the scheme should be similar to one used for 'old cars and boilers' Thanks AQA im quite familiar with a scrappage scheme relating to old household boilers.
But then 'What government initiatives could government introduce' that question was a joke as surely the incentives bought in would always have to benefit the company financially otherwise organisations would not take part.
Another point, which has been mentioned in this thread, is how many of the questions did not relate to sections of the text book, given to us by AQA. so what was the point in even giving us that.

At first i was worried that i couldnt answer very much, but then i got bored of worrying and in the planning space i was offered to answer the 'Large ICT systems' question i produced a nice Trollface storyboard. I was then told after the exam that you can now lose marks for doodling, so i thought, if this is true, that is perfect i can now play AQA at their own game, Good Luck to the examiner trying to find marks to take off me in the first place.
This exam Paper must be the work of MICHAEL GOVE, who thinks exams must get harder.

RANT OVER.

Please Plus Rep This, if i get enough i will write an email to AQA about this exam, knowing i have the backing of people on this forum.

loool, surely you cannot get marks taken off for doodling....exam was hard, but thank god its over so i can relax :smile:
Reply 596
The main point of the two articles was green computing, right?
What does bespoke software got to do with green computing?!

RANT OVER.

U have all our backing to the max please email them
As promised heres the June11 MS, though my teacher said that it could be updated after examiner meetings on Wednesday, if that happens he'll send me the updated one.

<link removed by admin>
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MadCatChiken
As promised heres the June11 MS, though my teacher said that it could be updated after examiner meetings on Wednesday, if that happens he'll send me the updated one.

<link removed by admin>

thanks so much for this! going to sit down and mark what i wrote from memory now
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending