The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BMAT
discuss answers?

Ah I worked it out, my method was to place them so that you have three on one row, then the next row you have two that fit in the gaps of the row before it so their height is 3 less, and then you can do that so you have five rows of 3,2,3,2,3. That gave 13, but if you do it on a piece of paper that's landscape instead you can do instead three rows of five, to make 15.
Reply 4841
Original post by Normandy114
Ah I worked it out, my method was to place them so that you have three on one row, then the next row you have two that fit in the gaps of the row before it so their height is 3 less, and then you can do that so you have five rows of 3,2,3,2,3. That gave 13, but if you do it on a piece of paper that's landscape instead you can do instead three rows of five, to make 15.

explain more please sir:frown:
Original post by BMAT
explain more please sir:frown:

So they sort of fit together like this:

But what I did wrong was have 5 rows on the paper so that it was 3,2,3,2,3 = 13, whereas placing them sideways on the paper can make 3 rows of 5 H's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4843

But what I did wrong was have 5 rows on the paper so that it was 3,2,3,2,3 = 13, whereas placing them sideways on the paper can make 3 rows of 5 H's.

i understand the image it makes perfect sense.

how can you tell if it's 30cm width, and 23 length ect?

also, since it's 8cm long...you can have four horizontally on the 33cm, and since it's 8 across, you could have three across

that makes

4 x 3 = 12?
Reply 4844

http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/digitalAssets/123902_BMAT_Section_1_2010.pdf

any ideas on http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/digitalAssets/123902_BMAT_Section_1_2010.pdf

how did you manage to get that image btw?
Original post by BMAT
i understand the image it makes perfect sense.

how can you tell if it's 30cm width, and 23 length ect?

also, since it's 8cm long...you can have four horizontally on the 33cm, and since it's 8 across, you could have three across

that makes

4 x 3 = 12?

Oh good point, in which case i'm not too sure. I just quickly made that image myself, and I'm not sure what you want my ideas on, you just posted the link to the paper.

EDIT: ACTUALLY I see how you do it, you just do 6 rows of 3,2,3,2,3,2, which have respective heights of 8,5,5,5,5,5 which adds up to a total of 33cm, and would be 24cm across.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4846
Oh good point, in which case i'm not too sure. I just quickly made that image myself, and I'm not sure what you want my ideas on, you just posted the link to the paper.

EDIT: ACTUALLY I see how you do it, you just do 6 rows of 3,2,3,2,3,2, which have respective heights of 8,5,5,5,5,5 which adds up to a total of 33cm, and would be 24cm across.

hey guys

when you say 6 rows of 3,2,3...can you elaborate?
Original post by Nattor
hey guys

lol it's BMAT back.
Original post by Straight up G
lol it's BMAT back.

And copying other people's names this time :rolleyes:

Haha yeah. Nator will have a hissy fit. I can't see why people are revising BMAT so heavily right now, surely focus on the rest of UCAS atm?
Reply 4850
.u6r
Reply 4851
ytty
Reply 4852
In 2005, the total number of passengers at UK airports rose to 228 million, compared to 5 million
in 1955.
The numbers of passengers fell in the recession year of 1974, and in 1991, the year of the Gulf
War, before continuing upward. There was also a marked flattening of the upward trend in
2001, the result of the Foot and Mouth outbreak and the September 11 attacks in New York.
But these blips were temporary.
The number of passenger kilometres flown by UK airlines increased significantly over the past
twenty years, from 80 billion kilometres in 1985 to 287 billion in 2005. Around 97% of the 2005
total was accounted for by international travel.
Nine in ten air passengers at UK airports in 2005 were travelling internationally. The country
with which the UK exchanges the most air traffic is Spain. There were 34 million passenger
movements between the two countries in 2005.
Heathrow was the busiest airport in the UK, with 68 million passengers in 2005. Gatwick was
the second busiest (33 million passengers).
Demand for air travel is projected to continue growing well into the 21st century. Mid-range
estimates from the Department for Transport suggest that the number of passengers at UK
airports will grow to 500 million in 2030.
Notes:
Passengers on internal flights (domestic) are counted both at airport of departure and arrival. 17
© UCLES 2010 [Turn over

19 Domestic passengers are counted both at airport of departure and airport of arrival. Suppose
that domestic passengers were counted once per flight instead of both on departure and arrival,
and the figures were adjusted accordingly.
What would be the corrected figure for the total number of passengers at UK airports in 2005, to
the nearest million
Reply 4853
Original post by Straight up G
Haha yeah. Nator will have a hissy fit. I can't see why people are revising BMAT so heavily right now, surely focus on the rest of UCAS atm?

could you help out with the question?:smile:

cheers
Reply 4854
Original post by EternalDoom
I'm gonna take a small break from BMAT and UKCAT revision for the next few days, and work on my personal statement :smile:

Original post by Nator
Oh ok, lemme know if it's good when you have the chance to read it

posted a question, could you help out please?
Reply 4855
Original post by Nattor
hey guys

Why my name? Don't get it...
Original post by romans
posted a question, could you help out please?

217 I believe, as 10% of flights are domestic, which will be 22.8m flights in 2005, so half of that = 11.4, and 228-11.4=216.6 which rounded up makes 217.
217 I believe, as 10% of flights are domestic, which will be 22.8m flights in 2005, so half of that = 11.4, and 228-11.4=216.6 which rounded up makes 217.

instant rep

could you please explain why you halved it?
Original post by lets uz logic ere
instant rep

could you please explain why you halved it?

Because it said that domestic flights are counted twice, so they want you to change it to make it more accurate figures, so halving it is necessary.
Original post by dominiqueblack
Sent you a message, hope it helps a bit! :smile:

Would it be possible to send me this message too please :smile: Kindly appreciate it! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending