The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

I find it funny how for chem we always get so little time if you think about it 100 marks in 105 mins. -_-
Original post by JJ 91
hi can someone please help me with question 3e on the jan 2011 paper

It's an acid, base reaction, with only one product, no water! :smile: that may help!
Reply 982
I don't get what you mean by using | instead of comma for different states? eg. aq to solid or different oxidation states?
Reply 983
Original post by Luke0011
It's an acid, base reaction, with only one product, no water! :smile: that may help!

thanks :smile: get it now never realised it was neutralisation reaction.
Reply 984
Original post by Luke0011
Nooo, if in doubt use phase boundary: |
haha :smile:

ahh im sure i meant to write that, revision is costing me my sanity!
Original post by NRican
I don't get what you mean by using | instead of comma for different states? eg. aq to solid or different oxidation states?

it's for when the species changes it's state. i.e. aq to solid!!
hope that's helped
Reply 986
Original post by NRican

different states of matter so s, aq and g. not the oxidation states :biggrin:
Reply 987
when is a reaction feasible or spontaneous?
Reply 988
in jan 11 ques 6 b

shouldnt it produce complex ion AlOH4- when NaOH is added in excess

cos mark scheme says it forms AlOH6 three minus which i thought was incorrect??

thanks
Original post by Rahul_V

can someone answer this please? my minds gone completely blank :/ and i'm panicking now!!! :confused:
Original post by Rahul_V

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=899373
****ting it :frown:
Reply 992
Original post by Rahul_V

When delta G is negative, entropy increases
any tips on learning colours fast?
Original post by Arab_Empress
Yeh the reason the new ones are more challenging is because like the titration questions, they make you find percentages of impurites etc...

I had dont lots in school, but I had to leave it since I had exams so I kinda forgot what kinda questions came up, also need to read over the book again because youll always find youve forgotten something,

I would suggest you actually do the jan 11 paper if you havent already jus so you get a feel of the real thing they tend to be very similar, and as for content, the worst parts are the amount of equations that you have to store in youre memory,

Oh and i also got 'leftovers' lol, dont we all :tongue:

I did the jan11 a few weeks ago, not properly, just did a q, marked it, then the next as I had soo much other stuff to do and now have forgotten about it all :frown: Btw can you help me with q 8c from the jan10 paper? I don't know which equations to use to see the ratio of the moles :/

The titrations are annoying, I can do them but never know what to do for the last step when it wants the percentage or something...

And I've just remembered that I still need to go through mod1 after I've been thorugh the syllabus :cry2:
Reply 995
At the positive electrode, is something reduced? And oxidised at the negative?
Reply 996
Original post by sophiakrywycz
any tips on learning colours fast?

ewds
can someone answer this please? my minds gone completely blank :/ and i'm panicking now!!! :confused:

When delta G is < = 0 :smile:

when delta g is less than or equal to 0 :smile:
Original post by Sakildo
At the positive electrode, is something reduced? And oxidised at the negative?

Yepp :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending