The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by Van_der_Waals
All that time I spent learning that table of 6billion different colour changes, and there was only one measly 3 mark question on it!
Thought it was quite a nice paper though, which makes a change for AQA :p:

Haha yeah, and the easiest one out of all the colours to remember >.<
Yeah I thought it was alright. What worries me is that the grade boundaries are going to be a fair bit higher than say January's paper.
Reply 1262
Original post by Van_der_Waals
All that time I spent learning that table of 6billion different colour changes, and there was only one measly 3 mark question on it!
Thought it was quite a nice paper though, which makes a change for AQA :p:

haha yeah rite been reciting them for weeks then only last question was half about them :tongue: it was quite a good paper :smile: i see your applying for physics too did you enjoy the 6 marks for energy level changing and E=hf :wink: I was loving that page :cool:
Reply 1263
Wasn't a bad paper, found it slightly harder than the past papers If I'm being honest. I know I've dropped most of the marks from the percentage question as I had a mind blank over which equation to use for potassium dichromate :frown: Realised as my paper was taken off of me. Hoping to pick up a mark or two for my moles calculations though :/.

Some nasty electrode potential questions too, but other than that it was an alright paper
What did people get for the titration?

I got 53.9% I think...
^^^Yeah I found the potentials question the hardest. What did everyone put for graph X?
Reply 1266
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
What did people get for the titration?

I got 53.9% I think...

Think I got 53.66% so 53.7% ish :tongue: something like that.
Reply 1267
Original post by Seasick Steve
^^^Yeah I found the potentials question the hardest. What did everyone put for graph X?

A hydrogen fuel cell? Constant reaction happening because of constant input of oxygen and hydrogen?
Reply 1268
Original post by mrppaulo
A hydrogen fuel cell? Constant reaction happening because of constant input of oxygen and hydrogen?

That's what I put too :3
Original post by mrppaulo

Thank God for that. Yeah, that's what I put - almost makes up for my stupid mistake on the first question: me giving the definition of delta H formation instead of lattice enthalpy :colondollar:
What did you guys get for the conventional cell representation of Zn/Zn2+ and AgO/Ag?
Reply 1271
Thank God for that. Yeah, that's what I put - almost makes up for my stupid mistake on the first question: me giving the definition of delta H formation instead of lattice enthalpy :colondollar:

... oh no... I'm gonna pretend I never read this :/
Reply 1272
Original post by M | k e
Think I got 53.66% so 53.7% ish :tongue: something like that.

yeah, that sounds right.. I would've got the same.. if I REMEMBERED TO MULTIPLY BY 6!!

Haha, exam fail :argh:
Reply 1273
Original post by SirMuffin
What did you guys get for the conventional cell representation of Zn/Zn2+ and AgO/Ag?

Can't remember exactly but something like Zn(s)|Zn2+(aq)||AgO(s),Ag(s)
Reply 1274
No more chemistry !!!!!

Zn / Zn2+ // AgO / Ag Then I calculated the EMF as being +1.1V
Reply 1276

That was one which I really wasnt sure on :s-smilie: I put:

Zn l Zn2+ ll H+ l AgO,Ag

However i have a feeling i should have included the water :s-smilie:
Reply 1277
Original post by Mazii
No more chemistry !!!!!

no more anything for me now :biggrin:
Reply 1278
Zn / Zn2+ // AgO / Ag Then I calculated the EMF as being +1.1V

Okay I was thinking that I should leave out the H+ and H20 parts in the cell do you think I'll lose a mark for putting H+ in? I know in one past paper it said ignore H+ if used?
Also, there was another weird question like "describe an experiment to show that Aluminium oxide contained ions?" I really just put down random rubbish there just as the invigilator told us to put our pens down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending