The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
what did people get for the % at the end?
Reply 1321
Original post by M | k e
No I think you had to reverse the sign of the lattice of formation to get lattice of dissociation first, then add this value to the Ca2+ hydration and 2 times the F- hydration. Ended up with some small negative, like ~ -50 ish?

ah dammit. yeah a lot of people got that, and for the mean enthalpy could you do products - reactants?
Reply 1322
Original post by lou12
what did people get for the % at the end?

53.7% ish I think
Reply 1323
Original post by M | k e
Yeah I did, 0.5N2 + 3/2 H2 -> NH3 :smile:got like -99.5 if I'm remembering the right question :tongue:

yup. nearly caught me out though. i worked out 2 moles at first!
Reply 1324
Original post by lou12
dammit. i put hydrogen fuel cell

Thats right :wink:
Reply 1325
Original post by lou12
yes you were correct. what was your lattice enthalpy value. i got -51 (i think)

yup i got that too! :smile:

you know the ethanedioate structure...was it 3 ethanedioates bonded to the Cu??

a friend said we had to show water but im sure the question said we didn't...
Reply 1326
Original post by subsist
Hey did people divide the ammonia equation by 2 cause it asked for one mole? :smile:

Yep I realised that about 15 minutes from the end, thank god I had time to check, so happy I did, would've probably lost 4-5 marks from those 2 questions which required it
Reply 1327
Original post by cleo101
ah dammit. yeah a lot of people got that, and for the mean enthalpy could you do products - reactants?

Yeah I did products-reactants.

Or if you meant mean bond enthalpy, bonds broken-bonds formed.
Reply 1328
Original post by M | k e
Yeah I did, 0.5N2 + 3/2 H2 -> NH3 :smile:got like -99.5 if I'm remembering the right question :tongue:

Epic dude i got that exact answer and a positive AG which means reaction aint feasibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :smile: SCHOOLS OVER YEAH ROY
Reply 1329
Original post by Zakir

We had to show the water in the equation on the first part of the question, but not with drawing the bonds
Reply 1330
Original post by Zakir

Question said 4 water molecules got removed, so I think it was [Cu(C2O4)2(H20)2]2-+4H20.

Giving co-ordinate number of 6 and octahedral shape :tongue:
Reply 1331
Original post by Stirlo
We had to show the water in the equation on the first part of the question, but not with drawing the bonds

oh ok...whats the equation then??

Im :s
Original post by Stirlo
I put melt it and pass an electrical current through it. If it had ions it would conduct electricity :/

I'm hoping this is a case of great minds think alike!

I have a horrible feeling they'll say that that would be 'infeasible' in a lab scenario though.
Original post by Zakir

Each ethane dioate bonds twice, and two water molecules were left so it should have been two molecules of ethane dioate I think. Makes the coordination number 6.

Water wasn't needed on the diagram, it was bolded quite heavily in thequestion lol
Reply 1334
Original post by M | k e
Question said 4 water molecules got removed, so I think it was [Cu(C2O4)2(H20)2]2-+4H20.

i dunno why but when it said ionic equation it confused me. was the equation for this question still the same or did you have to remove ions
What did people get for the bond angle?
Reply 1336
right ok...

iv got the equation wrong then...but the coordination number and shape was right :smile:
Reply 1337
Original post by M | k e
Yeah I did products-reactants.

Or if you meant mean bond enthalpy, bonds broken-bonds formed.

yeaa i think for the 2h2 + n2 ---> 2nh3 question or whatever was that not products - reactants or other way round
Reply 1338
Original post by lou12
i dunno why but when it said ionic equation it confused me. was the equation for this question still the same or did you have to remove ions

Oh yeah I noticed it said Ionic equation too, but really couldn't be bothered figuring out if it made a different so just wrote the standard equation. Laziness of last exam kicked in :wink:
Reply 1339
Original post by M | k e

this equation gave a complex with 2- right? please say yes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending