The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by safwaansh

thanks so much for this! going to sit down and mark what i wrote from memory now

same i just have think ive done crap now lol
Original post by MadCatChiken
As promised heres the June11 MS, though my teacher said that it could be updated after examiner meetings on Wednesday, if that happens he'll send me the updated one.

<link removed by admin>

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

I've just gone through it and it's hard to tell whether I've got the marks or not since the mark scheme only really has examples so I just hope the examiner marking my paper is on the same wavelength as me or is very kind haha :tongue:

The only one I know I did **** on is the printer consumables question. I wrote basically nothing like what was in the mark scheme :s-smilie: Had no idea what it was asking for grr :mad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 602
As promised heres the June11 MS, though my teacher said that it could be updated after examiner meetings on Wednesday, if that happens he'll send me the updated one.

<link removed by admin>

this mark scheme seems quite general. Really hope grade boundaries are low, such a tough paper :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 603
Original post by JustAGoodLAD
WOW. What a ridiculously hard test that was, for a start the wording of the questions were ridiculous, but there were too many long essay based questions. It said on the front that question 8(20mark) should be written in prose but obviously we are going to do that for the 15 mark questions also, they were too time consuming.

Having looked at the past papers from Jan 2011 and June 2010 i was reasonably confident about this exam, i found on those papers section A was almost like a reading comprehension, with the pre release material with minor knowledge from the AQA book to backup your answer. But not this pre release material, the whole book may as well have just been a group of lists as it did not explain any ideas, merely listing them and moving on. A personal favourite of mine was quote reference to in the scrappage scheme question where we would told the scheme should be similar to one used for 'old cars and boilers' Thanks AQA im quite familiar with a scrappage scheme relating to old household boilers.
But then 'What government initiatives could government introduce' that question was a joke as surely the incentives bought in would always have to benefit the company financially otherwise organisations would not take part.
Another point, which has been mentioned in this thread, is how many of the questions did not relate to sections of the text book, given to us by AQA. so what was the point in even giving us that.

At first i was worried that i couldnt answer very much, but then i got bored of worrying and in the planning space i was offered to answer the 'Large ICT systems' question i produced a nice Trollface storyboard. I was then told after the exam that you can now lose marks for doodling, so i thought, if this is true, that is perfect i can now play AQA at their own game, Good Luck to the examiner trying to find marks to take off me in the first place.
This exam Paper must be the work of MICHAEL GOVE, who thinks exams must get harder.

RANT OVER.

Please Plus Rep This, if i get enough i will write an email to AQA about this exam, knowing i have the backing of people on this forum.

I tried repping but I ran out for today! Will rep tomozza!
Reply 604
Original post by madcatchiken
as promised heres the june11 ms, though my teacher said that it could be updated after examiner meetings on wednesday, if that happens he'll send me the updated one.

<link removed by admin>

thankyou!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gchaggar75
same i just have think ive done crap now lol

you know the 15 marker (question 3) i didn't apply my points to a school or college because it said 'for example' not 'apply' it. how much marks will i lose for that?
Reply 606
you know the 15 marker (question 3) i didn't apply my points to a school or college because it said 'for example' not 'apply' it. how much marks will i lose for that?

Doubt it matters at all to be honest.
Original post by Kaskade
Doubt it matters at all to be honest.

the mark scheme says 'apply to a school/college situation'. i applied it to organisations in general because the exam question wasn't that specific and wrote over three pages! did you apply it to a school?
Reply 608
Why are you guys talking about lower grade boundaries, when the UMS points is what counts in the end grade...? So what if the grade boundaries are lower for the paper, it's still out of a 100?
Reply 609
Original post by Skylinefx
Why are you guys talking about lower grade boundaries, when the UMS points is what counts in the end grade...? So what if the grade boundaries are lower for the paper, it's still out of a 100?

because if it's a hard exam, 80 UMS marks might be 60/100 (for example) whereas if it's an easy exam 80 UMS marks might be 70/100.
Reply 610
the mark scheme says 'apply to a school/college situation'. i applied it to organisations in general because the exam question wasn't that specific and wrote over three pages! did you apply it to a school?

Oh.... you would have had to apply it to college or school i suppose to get marks... Though you would still get SOME marks by applying it to organisation is suppose?
Original post by Kaskade

Original post by Kaskade
Oh.... you would have had to apply it to college or school i suppose to get marks... Though you would still get SOME marks by applying it to organisation is suppose?

probably - the mark schemes are general remember just a guide.
what did people put for the issues of testing question? even the mark scheme doesn't specify answers. i put:

Issues of testing
- Scale
- Volume
- Increased data volume and load

- Network
- Interface with other systems
- Don’t cause disruptions

- Usability
- Different skills
- Testing ensure needs met

what did people put for the issues of testing question? even the mark scheme doesn't specify answers. i put:

Issues of testing
- Scale
- Volume
- Increased data volume and load

- Network
- Interface with other systems
- Don’t cause disruptions

- Usability
- Different skills
- Testing ensure needs met

i put alpha beta testing etc, is that right? ?
I was always told that in this exam, anything you put can be right as long as you can justify it properly, if you can do that the examiner can not deny you the marks.
Well unless what you have said is totally irrelevant to the question then you'll be getting limited marks.
Original post by gchaggar75
i put alpha beta testing etc, is that right? ?

yes as long as you justified how its an 'issue'. this exam was so stupidly phrased
Reply 616

<link removed by admin>

How did your teacher manage to get that?

Can he get Mark Schemes for other exams too?

Thank you by the way, I feel much better about the exam now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 617
I refuse to look at the mark scheme, it'll convince me that i've totally failed...f*ck that, just gonna forget about it, nowt to do about it now! Haha
Reply 618
Original post by l0livia
I refuse to look at the mark scheme, it'll convince me that i've totally failed...f*ck that, just gonna forget about it, nowt to do about it now! Haha

I thought I totally failed too... Until I looked at the mark scheme.
Reply 619
Original post by Skylinefx
I thought I totally failed too... Until I looked at the mark scheme.

Just gonna forget about it...looking at the mark scheme will just make me think "why didn't i write that?!" :|

Quick Reply