The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lostinlost2
Hello :smile:

First post here.
I work for sainsbury's doing night-shift full-time:eek: (till I go of to uni) I actually don't mind it :eek: I quite like it, yep I'm crazy :biggrin:

i dont miss working nights :biggrin: day time jobs all the way
Original post by Eddikins
Been 3 days since my interview, havent heard anything yet.

Not sure if its a good sign since my other interviews where i failed i heard either the next day or the 2nd day. :redface:

EDIT: Just went on my account and it says Unsuccessful :frown: failed 4 times now.

maybe ring up and ask why?
Reply 8802
Original post by inksplodge
maybe ring up and ask why?

Dunno what the number is id have to call. Whenever i failed before i got an email telling me and a number to call for feedback but i never even got a email this time. If i didnt check my account id never have known that i was unsuccessful.

Every other time ive failed at the 1st section of the test, so its probably that again (even though i dont know what else i could possibly answer as i always put the ones that sound like you are helping the customer as 1)
i dont miss working nights :biggrin: day time jobs all the way

How is the PR going? :smile:
Original post by morris743
How is the PR going? :smile:

good! today i went to a fudge making place to sample fudge... to write articles. i feel very sick and fat but o hwell :biggrin:
good! today i went to a fudge making place to sample fudge... to write articles. i feel very sick and fat but o hwell :biggrin:

Are your place of work hiring at the moment? :holmes:
Reply 8806
as i always put the ones that sound like you are helping the customer as 1)

That's where you're going wrong. If the customer got their own way every time Sainsburys wouldn't make any money. You have to look at it from the business point of view in that they want to appease customers to keep their loyalty but don't want to hand out freebies (or anything else related to costs, such as giving them too much of a colleague's time. They will have other work to do which will bring in more money than the £6/hr that colleague is paid in return).
(edited 12 years ago)
what a nuissance i got rejected after the interview :sigh: i guess it wasn't the greatest idea telling them i was going back to uni in septemeber....
(edited 12 years ago)
Urgh, really not looking forward to my shift today. I'm going to have to beg my manager to move some of my holiday allocated in November, to about mid-July time. To be fair, I'm at hospital for that whole week, and when I get out on Friday I really don't want to have to go straight in for my shift that day and then Saturday. :sad: Luckily I have the Sunday off that week because it's my Birthday. :woo: I'm just hoping and praying that she's not stressed today. :tongue:
Reply 8809
Original post by FXX
That's where you're going wrong. If the customer got their own way every time Sainsburys wouldn't make any money. You have to look at it from the business point of view in that they want to appease customers to keep their loyalty but don't want to hand out freebies (or anything else related to costs, such as giving them too much of a colleague's time. They will have other work to do which will bring in more money than the £6/hr that colleague is paid in return).

eh i dont see how going to the warehouse to check if a product is out of stock for a customer(for example) is losing sainsburys money..
I've just finished doing nights for 8 months, if anyone has any questions fire away ...
eh i dont see how going to the warehouse to check if a product is out of stock for a customer(for example) is losing sainsburys money..

I never mastered that. The stock room is always in such a state that it is hard to find anything and obviously most delivers are put out asap, especially as I worked on busy shifts. :/

youre meant to offer them a different product! saves time
Reply 8813
youre meant to offer them a different product! saves time

Maybe i thought all the questions through too much..

I thought it would be better to go check the warehouse incase you did have it out back and they would have gotten what they wanted whereas you could offer them something else when you actually had what they wanted all along and you didnt check.
The chance of finding something out the back is normally pretty remote. And if you do find it, it's normally right at the bottom of a cage.
Reply 8815
You always have to check round the back as if its in the store it should be on the shelf. Our werehouse is tidy and organised so its easy to find things. MCM exect you to go round the back and check for stuff as well so if you dont do it you get marked down.
hi guys,
the sad time has come for me to leave sainsburys :P
i have few questions about writing my resignation letter( im terrible at these things)
firstly, do you have to give the reason for your leaving?
secondly, all the examples i have seen include the date of resignation.....does that mean the date when four week notice period will be up??( so if i give in the letter tomorrow,four weeks from tomorrow will be around 23rd july, i think....but i dno sounds a bit presumptious stating that cos i dont know how they calculate the four weeks)
thirdly, who do i address it to? i was thinking it would be checkout manager, but they've been away for a couple of months, so now im unsure lol.
Original post by tnajamie
I've just finished doing nights for 8 months, if anyone has any questions fire away ...

Heya, I was thinking of applying for a night shift job at my local Sainsburys. On the job description it didn't actually say what the job involved :s-smilie:. So what do you do over a night shift? Is it basically just stacking shelves and stuff like that?
Original post by bananaterracottapie
hi guys,
the sad time has come for me to leave sainsburys :P
i have few questions about writing my resignation letter( im terrible at these things)
firstly, do you have to give the reason for your leaving?
secondly, all the examples i have seen include the date of resignation.....does that mean the date when four week notice period will be up??( so if i give in the letter tomorrow,four weeks from tomorrow will be around 23rd july, i think....but i dno sounds a bit presumptious stating that cos i dont know how they calculate the four weeks)
thirdly, who do i address it to? i was thinking it would be checkout manager, but they've been away for a couple of months, so now im unsure lol.

You don't have to give your reason for resignation. Sainsbury's have no right to even ask to be honest. So long as you are following procedure and giving your notice, they can't complain. If you want to say why, you can. But that is your decision. :smile:

I stated the date my notice period would start from - the day I gave them the letter - and the date that my employment would finish - the day four weeks later. :smile:

I addressed mine to the checkouts manager and CCed it to HR. Perhaps you could do it that way?
Original post by TSR Dragon
Heya, I was thinking of applying for a night shift job at my local Sainsburys. On the job description it didn't actually say what the job involved :s-smilie:. So what do you do over a night shift? Is it basically just stacking shelves and stuff like that?

yep, just stacking shelves I'm afraid, can get very hectic so just take your time and don't get stressed

Latest

Trending

Trending