The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Finished yesterday... But after having spent most of the exam period stressing about the A* and thinking 'I'll never get an A* in Music, but an A shouldn't be hard', I'm SUDDENLY worrying that I'll miss an A in Music. *sigh* Then again, I have these thoughts every year, and I'm pretty sure I can get a low C/high D in the exam and still - just - get an A.

The waiting is going to be TORTURE.
FINISHED!

Not sure if I'm getting an A*, but ah well. I hear that Nottingham's nice... :erm:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
FINISHED!

Not sure if I'm getting an A*, but ah well. I hear that Nottingham's nice... :erm:

Better than my position - I'm not getting a third A :tongue:
You'll make it though; I must have had several hundred facebook updates of you being in the library. That much work can't have gone to waste!
Finished today! Now begins the long wait for results D:
Reply 1904
Original post by timsquirrell

Original post by timsquirrell
Finished today! Now begins the long wait for results D:

Bleurgh.. lucky :frown:
I still have physics Unit 5!!
Finished too ! :biggrin: The wait is going to be unbearable... so I'll put it out of my head til August! (well try to...)
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Better than my position - I'm not getting a third A :tongue:
You'll make it though; I must have had several hundred facebook updates of you being in the library. That much work can't have gone to waste!

Economics? :p:

Fingers crossed! I'll be so annoyed if I end up missing the A* by one mark or something.
Freedom now belongs to me. Alas, my fate is now in the hands of apathetic examiners.
Reply 1908
Original post by Cast.Iron
Cheers for that, I'll be sure to check it out. I know exactly what you mean, it was the same for me with Lit.

dude, what did you think of language? hope it went pleasantly!

also, you should join the offer holders' skype chat :colonhash:
Original post by Kobie

He has :p: You, on the other hand, should be on it more.
Reply 1910
just wondering, if you have an offer for 3 subjects:

1. you meet the offer but the univ realizes they made a mistake and gave you a lower offer and so can they make it higher on results day and then say you didnt meet the offer?

2. you do 4 subjects, the fourth one you are also predicted a A* but end up getting a D, but you meet the offer of the 3 subjects. can they deny you a place? or wil you be treated differently?

3. you do 4 subjects and the offer is for 3 only. so you decide not to sit the 4th subject. so you only get 3 grades at the end, and you meet the offer. Can they deny you the seat cause you didnt do the 4th subject and havnt informed them about it?
Reply 1911
Original post by darkestskies
Finished yesterday... But after having spent most of the exam period stressing about the A* and thinking 'I'll never get an A* in Music, but an A shouldn't be hard', I'm SUDDENLY worrying that I'll miss an A in Music. *sigh* Then again, I have these thoughts every year, and I'm pretty sure I can get a low C/high D in the exam and still - just - get an A.

OH MY GOD. I'M IN THE SAME POSITION FOR MUSIC!
*hugs*
I did really well in AS and then kinda messed up my A2 composition - I thought I could do better in the exam, but I had 4 exams in 2 days and found the exam impossible!
I'll be so glad with a C in that paper!
So now, I'm hoping for an overall A. Definitely no A* for me D:
Reply 1912
Original post by ukdragon37
He has :p: You, on the other hand, should be on it more.

i'm free! i'm back!

well, not right this moment, i've had rather too much to drink and shall be sobering up before i return.
Reply 1913
Original post by jsadapa1

1. you meet the offer but the univ realizes they made a mistake and gave you a lower offer and so can they make it higher on results day and then say you didnt meet the offer?

2. you do 4 subjects, the fourth one you are also predicted a A* but end up getting a D, but you meet the offer of the 3 subjects. can they deny you a place? or wil you be treated differently?

3. you do 4 subjects and the offer is for 3 only. so you decide not to sit the 4th subject. so you only get 3 grades at the end, and you meet the offer. Can they deny you the seat cause you didnt do the 4th subject and havnt informed them about it?

1. No
2. No
3. I believe they are entitled to
Original post by jsadapa1

1) Nope. They made you an offer which you have accepted (upon acheiving the grades). As you have no reason to believe they made a mistake, the objective principle wins out and the Uni must follow through on it.

2) If the 4th subject was a subject you had to get an A* in then yes, obviously. If not then no, they only asked you for A*AA, not A*A*AA.

3) In your offer letter, it told you that you had to inform them if you decided not to go through with any exams you told them you would be sitting. This is a condition of your offer, in a sense. If you do not do this exam and have not informed them, you haven't accepted the offer and as such, the University is entitled to revoke the offer (I believe they inform you they have this right as well)
Original post by Kobie

Pleasantly, swimmingly, either will do. In short, I was quite pleased with it :smile:. How did you find it?

Now time to engage upon an epic duel with my liver :colone:.

Ah, I'm way ahead of you, I got added to it last night :pierre:.
Reply 1916
I have probably failed my Further Maths retake in terms of an A*.
What a disaster.
What do you think... would they be willing to accept me with A*AAA at A-Level and A*A*Aa in my country's A-Level equivalent (already achieved)? I am so damn scared :<.
They asked for that A* because I listed it under qualifications to be taken with a gorgeous A* prediction (self-taught one so I had miscalculated just a bit :s-smilie:).
Reply 1917
IT'S OVEEEEEEER. IT'S FINALLY OVER :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: The hardest year of my life has finisheeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you all in October, I'm sure we will all get in :biggrin:

Now it's time to partaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy, going to Sankey's :biggrin: (I'm sure the northerners will know it) :tongue:

Just thought I would share my joy!!!!!!!!!1

*hardest year so far I should add :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 6K6
I have probably failed my Further Maths retake in terms of an A*.
What a disaster.
What do you think... would they be willing to accept me with A*AAA at A-Level and A*A*Aa in my country's A-Level equivalent (already achieved)? I am so damn scared :<.
They asked for that A* because I listed it under qualifications to be taken with a gorgeous A* prediction (self-taught one so I had miscalculated just a bit :s-smilie:).

Did they specify the A* in further maths?

I would certainly phone them up on results day if they don't automatically accept you as your results are really good. If your original college doesn't want you then you would probably go in the summer pool.

(I also need an A* in FM . I think I may have scraped through but it is difficult to say with the really high grade boundaries typical in FM)

Good luck I need A*AA for my Offer at Fitzwilliam too. I hope that I'll see you there in October. I hate the A*AA offer, why can't we just get a normal AAA offer? That's so p*** take!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending